Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2016, 08:41 AM   #1
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking xw falcon id plate questions

Hi guys looking at an xw falcon, the body has had a full resto done and its mostly put back together the only thing is he has removed the id plates while doing the job. Now he has them all there for it my question is will it be fine to just fit them back to the car ?? Do they use special rivits or anything?

Also how many plates and numbers should be on the car i know there is one on the fire wall is there one for the rad support as well? Were else should i be checking for numbers ?

I have no reason to belive its dodgy or anything but just want to cover myself and not spend years finishing this thing off to have problems registering it.

Thanks
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: xw falcon id plate questions

contact motor registry would be easiest but does draw attention-
not supposed to refit as far as I know......
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea would have prefered them on there but he hasnt finnished putting it all back together. It all checks out and a few i have talked to said theres no problem with just wacking them back on but just want to make sure.
I mean surely you can remove them to do rust repairs in the area and put them back on?
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 24-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
5thFordWA

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

IIRC, most Falcons of that era, if not all, had the body number stamped in big letters on the LHF shock tower area, or maybe the firewall, try matching the numbers. If numbers match I don't see that it would be wrong to reattach the plates. Just pop-riveted on.
2016 SZ Territory TX 4.0 Petrol (6th & last?)(Sadly, written off)
2004 WRX (Retirement Toy)
5thFordWA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #5
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep all the numbers match up on the body
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 24-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Just re rivet them back on, as long as the numbers match
gregaust is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post