Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
99VCTFairlane

Default Susp. Bushes

Hey guys, last step before the new 19s go on is the front susp bushes, just installed the new slotted/drilled rotors this week and have had the front guards rollled. I'm off to re do the bushes on the front. What i have so far is the the D shaped bushes off the sway bar (x2), the sway bar pin bushes (x8), the upper control arm bushes (x4) and two lower control arm bushes (x2) and my all ball joints (x4 for upper and Lower) so a total of 18.... am i missing anything else for the front susp bits???

I'm doing all in rubber because ill lose most of the ride from the 19s anyway so dont want to make it worse by put nolathanes all round, no real use i think the barge isnt really made to go around corners.

Cheers guys.
Alex

P.S. im holding off photos of the interior and exterior till she's done....

99VCTFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
xrford
WAGONE

think you might have it all, cant think of anything else of the top of my head except for the rubber bush at the top of the strut tower but doubt that will need replacing anyway
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

You should have 4 lower control arm bushes not 2. Should be a total of 24 items.

I recently changed my ball joints and upper inner bushes and also changed the brackets that go on the top control arms. I used brackets from a BA XR6-8 as they have longer bolts and also have a standard thicker spacer, the cost $115.00 from your friendly Ford dealer.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
99VCTFairlane

ok sorry, coutned incorrectly i have 20 bushes... so if im missing two from the lower c/arm that makes 22, where the last 2?
99VCTFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Forgive my BAD counting, It should be 22. Must have been on drugs at the time :(
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrford
think you might have it all, cant think of anything else of the top of my head except for the rubber bush at the top of the strut tower but doubt that will need replacing anyway
Off topic, but thats one sweet wagon.
AZZA
azza11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post