Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
DJ1979
and then some

Default (re)introducing myself - Econetic

Last night I bought an Econetic.

I have loved the Fiesta since the WS was launched, and love the look of the Zetec. I have read some interesting posts about whether these are girls cars or not, if the Zetec is better than the Eco etc etc.

All I can say is that the car that suits you best, is the car you feel suits you best.

Would I prefer the look of the Zetec? Yes.
However, I do 40 000+ km a year. I live in Ballarat, and work in Melbourne 2 - 3 days per week, so whatever car I drive, has to be able to comfortably get me back up the pentland hills at 110kph.

The Zetec couldn't cut it - didn't have too much left in it, revving at 3400 all the way back. The Diesel on the other had, revving only a little over 2000 with acres of torque with no need to slip back to 4th.

I also think a mainstream manufacturer offering the diesel alternative at a more affordable price should be encouraged and supported.

Which is why I have bought my Frozen White Econetic with Tint, Mats, & Zetec Alloys, plus I am keeping the stock rims/tyres/hubcaps just in case the 16"'s affect my fuel economy too much.

"what about the increase price and loss of features" I hear you ask.

Well, in terms of my lease, there is $1 difference between the repayments between the Zetec & Econetic. This is only because the diesel will pay for itself in lower economy than the petrol Zetec.

As for features, well I can live without the fog lights and rear power windows, and in white with tint, I prefer not to have the Chrome trim. Would have liked the projector headlights, but I want the torque more

I have been driving a low km EL Falcon Classic with 150k on the clock, been a great car, but time to move on. My other car is a Saab Turbo Convertible, so I am used to power on the open road, and from my drives thus far in the Econetic, whilst I won't have zippiness, I will have torque, and that's what I need.

So again, I put it to you all, anyone that bags another person's choice of car, be it spec level, make/model or engine choice - cars are such a unique and personal decision to the person that is buying it - if they are happy, then that's the only consideration imho.

In the meantime - get my new car end of the week - and I can't wait

Good to back on the forums, long time lurker, rare poster

DJ1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post