Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU front wheel bearing

Hi guys, i brought a SKF front wheel bearing hub assembly, it appears to be missing a outer gear? Maybe, not sure cant find any pics of the SKF, the site is double dutch, other bearings on ebay show a toothed gear on the opposite side to the studs. The part number i got was BAF4137A. Any clues? If i pull all of this apart on the car i am knackered as i wont be able to drive down and buy another. The one on the car is f*#ked.

AZZA

Old 19-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #2
sleeper393

the toothed section is for the abs sensor to pickup on , if yours is missing maybe a reject or for another model
123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
sleeper393

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza11
Hi guys, i brought a SKF front wheel bearing hub assembly, it appears to be missing a outer gear? Maybe, not sure cant find any pics of the SKF, the site is double dutch, other bearings on ebay show a toothed gear on the opposite side to the studs. The part number i got was BAF4137A. Any clues? If i pull all of this apart on the car i am knackered as i wont be able to drive down and buy another. The one on the car is f*#ked.

AZZA
id contact whom you bought it from , tell them the situation , and get them to courier you a good one at there cost , not your fault , tell them you car is in pieces and you cant travel.
Old 19-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i believe you are reffering to the abs ring like this one?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i thought that was the case. The pics i saw described au non abs with a abs pic, so a bit of confusion. Thanks for info guys, i now know what the abs looks like. My car doesnt have abs, confusing ebay sellers.

AZZA
Old 19-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
sleeper393

Thumbs up

no prob's , happy its all good.
Old 19-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

You can use either hub, with or without ABS ring

If your car has ABS you can only use ABS hub

IIRC ABS was standard from AU II series
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, i have new hub/bearing going in on Thursday as well as new front and rear lowered shocks and King Superlows, and a wheel allignment. Maybe 20's then, have 18's for sale.

AZZA