Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
BFYOOT

Default sound relief

anyone watching the sound relief concerts? not a massive oils fan as a rule, but damn these boys sound awesome, like they never left, classic aussie rock. would have been good to see it live, great line-ups at both venues.
be great to hear any reports from people that were at the scg or mcg.

BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah, been listening to it on Nova and TripleM, very jealous of the people that are there. Some great music being played.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Been watching it all day on Channel V / MAX.

Bliss N Eso went nuts! Poor Cilmi kept loosing her Mic Input through her songs.
Oils are still going.....LOL...Encore now.

Edit : Sydney has already finished 15 minutes ago.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #4
rodderz

Definitely the best concert I have been to...simply awesome

We got absolutely drenched during King of Leon, Jet and later during the Hunters, but wasnt that cold so wasnt too bad. We had ground passes and got about 20m from the front stage

I'm not a particularly huge fan of any of the bands day to day, but on this day all of them were bloody unbelievable. They all played excellent live. The Oils and Peter Garrett played as well as they ever have, the crowd atmosphere was the best I have ever experienced. 80,000+ made for a massive crowd (optic wasnt bad either). Hunters & Collectors, Split Enz, all played just as good.

Only sore point was the sound quality in the stand area wasnt that good, down front was ok though. And beer and rum prices were sky high!

Will look foreward to the DVD
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
adrianb

Yep had an amazing day despite the weather! The Finn brothers belting out some Crowded House was amazing and Hunters and Collectors and the Oils was awesome.

By far the the best gig I've ever been to and probably be a long time before anything like that happens again!
Old 17-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to the SCG.

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! We went to Coldplay on Thurs night at Acer, and they put on a fantastic show again for Sound relief. All the other bands were incredible as well. It was almost like a series of concerts, rather than a limited set benefit gig. We were in the stands so missed getting drenched by the 2 thunderstorms that hit before Marcia Hines and then another during the Presets. The Presets were going off though so no-one on the ground seemed to care. During set changes in Sydney we got live feed from Melbourne performers, did you Melb guys get the reverse?

The crowd went nuts when Chris Martin jumped off stage and ran through the crowd!

All up one of the best $150 I have ever spent to take my wife. Word is they will be releasing a DVD. will definitely have to get onto that one.

I just want to say well done to all involved, especially the bands and crews that gave so freely. Kudo's to to the international bands that helped out too, and especially for Coldplay for having to back up after performing their tour concerts on Friday and Saturday nights. Dead set champions, all of them!
Old 18-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
rodderz

There is a DVD getting released but today they mentioned it could take months, due to legalities with performers being contracted to various record labels and gaining permission for them to appear on an album/dvd released by others

Hopefully they see sense and just let them release it without being a pain about it
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldnt care if thsi was a 6 DVD set I want it,

I couldnt go due to other comitments I manged to escape to the shed in the after noon for an hour or so, 1 band I really wanted ot see again was Hoodoo Gurus I turned onthe radio to hear the last line of like wow wipe out and that was it, from what I have read it was a stella line up

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post