Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #121
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't use cut and paste tard and show me where all that is on UKFN. Coz it most certainly isn't.

How about you contribute something to the forums not just go around trying to be a smart ****.
Old 23-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #122
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

do a search on ukfn.com

cut n paste
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 23-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #123
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Settle down now chaps, else I shall lock the thread.

Chris
Old 23-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #124
Sonia

Come on guys, lets gather around in a circle and sing Kumbaya.
Old 23-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #125
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ Mrsfantz, can you play the guitar?
Old 24-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #126
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Just read on another forum saying the XR4 has been confirmed for Australia possibly as soon as first quarter 2007. Is that possible to get em that quick in oz?? or highly doubtfull that early if it isnt BS?
Old 24-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #127
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

Not BS, has been confirmed by my sources. No official notice yet, just by word of mouth to dealer principals. Not so sure on the time frame though.
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
Old 24-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #128
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Can you possibly tell us your sources??

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 24-10-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 24-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #129
Danny
GT4.

Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #130
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
A simple yeah would do it. :dr_Evil:

So Danny........ GTI or XR4??

Anyways going from the above comment "Not BS, has been confirmed by my sources" im gonna get my sexy but into gear. 1) Save monies 2) Learn Manual

I bags White with blue stripes.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 24-10-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 24-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #131
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK, assuming it will be here next year, the most important thing is WHAT WILL THE PRICE BE?

There are a lot of hot hatches out here now and pricing it too high (ie. up against the Polo GTi) would be a serious mistake....
Old 24-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #132
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

How about lets all wait another 2 days for OFFICIAL confirmation? The Motor Show opens Thursday...

Till then, the Clio Sport rules all

(LOL!)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 24-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #133
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im waiting for official confirmation

lets not get ahead of ourselves
Old 24-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #134
simonr
Focus Rookie

http://ss.carsguide.news.com.au/aims...008438,00.html

Thursday* at 8am.. there will be a webcast of the unveilings of the motor show cars!!

The volvo c30 is gonna be there.. another cool hatch for australia!
Old 24-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #135
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is anyone going to the Motor show? if so which day? I'm planning to go there this Saturday morning.
Old 25-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #136
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Is anyone going to the Motor show? if so which day? I'm planning to go there this Saturday morning.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=68746

Old 25-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #137
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ ah, sorry. :P I knew there were a thread about it but couldnt remember where at.
Old 26-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #138
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Seems you were wrong guys.

No Fiesta ST (from what I've read) at the Syd Motor Show.

All Ford released in small cars was the Focus CC (2 Door Coupe/Convertible)

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Mi...8&MiniSiteID=1

Shame

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 26-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #139
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04

Shame
Comment erased.......
Old 26-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #140
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Smile

Taken from = http://yp.goauto.com.au/mellor/mello...25720B000ECF1D

Ford’s new Mondeo mid-sizer and the Fiesta ST hot-hatch are on Australia's agenda

By NEIL McDONALD 18 October 2006

FORD Australia president Tom Gorman has confirmed that the new-generation mid-size Mondeo unveiled at the recent Paris motor show is on the agenda for Australia.

Ever watchful of its Falcon volumes in the large-car segment being eroded by medium-sized cars from Japan, Ford is keen to wrest this influence back in its favour.

"The answer to that (Mondeo) question is different now than it was two years ago," Mr Gorman told GoAuto. "I think the thing with Mondeo was that when we had it here it wasn’t a great car. It was underpowered and the design was stodgy."

The Mondeo was introduced here in 1997 and withdrawn in 2000, barely 12 months after it was revamped and a sports-oriented ST24 variant was added.

But in today’s market climate, Ford is less worried about Mondeo cannibalising Falcon volumes as newer models become increasingly segmented, according to Mr Gorman.

"Our Falcon line has been cannibalised by others in the four-cylinder segment ... whether it be the Mazda6, Accord, Camry, Liberty – they’re in there having our lunch," he said. "I think we have to think more seriously about having an offering there.

"With Mondeo not only do you get a great four-cylinder but a great diesel and a hatch offering. There are a lot of things they it bring to the party that would be worth considering."

Ford often invokes the mantra "never say never" when reviewing possible additions to its line-up.

"We are constantly studying things," Mr Gorman said. "You can’t be running around in circles all the time."

Another car likely to arrive within 18 months is a hot 2.0-litre ST version of the Fiesta hatch.

GoAuto has learnt that last month Ford registered the XR4 name and the XR4 trademark, which points to the hot hatch being added into the ever-increasing XR stable.

Mr Gorman said the company was "definitely in the phase of seriously considering it in order to get the economics to make sense".

Ford Australia displayed the 110kW 2.0-litre Fiesta ST at the 2004 Australian International Motor Show in Sydney and received a favourable reaction to the car.

"But at that point in time the segment wasn’t that big," Mr Gorman said. "We were doing 400 a month. Now we’re doing 600-650 a month so you think it might be a little halo play for us.

"The economics change and all of a sudden it looks like it makes sense. None of them (ST and Mondeo) are going to really change the course of Ford Australia but they do round out the portfolio well."

So it looks like just over the past month or so, little hints and tid bits have been revealed about it. So at the moment im definite it will be here. :

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 26-10-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 26-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #141
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Shame
Hmm, not bad. They should develop XR5T Coupe Convertible. :eclipsee_
Old 26-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #142
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea we've known that for a while Damo.

I'm just worried that if and when Ford decide to release it, all the other hot hatches will be more modern/new and more powerful.

This car should have been here when the WQ was released...

Old 27-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #143
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Yea we've known that for a while Damo.

I'm just worried that if and when Ford decide to release it, all the other hot hatches will be more modern/new and more powerful.

This car should have been here when the WQ was released...
i agree. it should of been here already and the fact that it isnt makes me think that it will be in the next MK.

Old 27-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #144
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i agree. it should of been here already and the fact that it isnt makes me think that it will be in the next MK.
I doubt that highly. The Mk7 is to be released well in to 2008. I can see it be in MK6.5 disguise. Still it will be a hot little thing.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #145
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I doubt that highly. The Mk7 is to be released well in to 2008. I can see it be in MK6.5 disguise. Still it will be a hot little thing.
Isn't the Mk6.5 a WQ?

Um, yea... so if they release the Fiesta ST next year (2007), they will be here for a year before Europe release pictures of the 2008 Mk7 Fiesta... so, who would purchase old stock when they know the new one is coming?

This car should have realistically been here early mid last year (2005). Had it been, I'd be in one now (maybe)... and WQ sales would more then likely be much higher.

Old 27-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #146
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Remember that with the ST they are released AFTER the new base models cars are made. So if mk7 comes out in early 2008 there will be a delay for the mk7 ST.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #147
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Remember that with the ST they are released AFTER the new base models cars are made. So if mk7 comes out in early 2008 there will be a delay for the mk7 ST.
Again, something which they should get on top of! Most of the times, when the new model is released, pictures of the Sport model are also shown (although only coming out in the future)

The Polo GTI was released in conjunction with the facelift... the Clio Sport was released in Australia in 2001 BEFORE the Clio was shown in 2002 (and the updated Sport followed in 2002). And the Fiat Punto Sport (although a diesel) was also released together with the base models.

I think the Golf GTI was also released only a few months after the base model.

Old 27-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #148
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Team RS (who build the ST and RS) get the cars after they are released, build a prototype and then if its good get the go ahead to put it into production. Slow system and should be changed.

Lets look at the Clio. The 2nd gen clio was released in 1998 but the clio sport 172 was released in 1999. There was also a delay between the facelift and the Sport 182. How about you do some research
Old 27-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #149
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Anyways back to the real world....

Just got some rather suprising news tho not 100% confirmed.

Fiesta XR4 will be at Melbourne Motor Show which is march???
Will be available for sale late 2007
Possible price range is $24-$27k (i think excluding ORC & options)

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 27-10-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 27-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #150
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Who was the news from?

Lets all play the waiting game... again!

When will Ford tell us fans what is going on?

Closed Thread