Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Exclamation "" MAYAN CALANDER ""

I wont post links because i dont know how to . but do a GOOGLE search on mayan calander i did about a year ago . it is a mathematical formula . that starts from the beginning of time and ends in 2012. no one knows why it ends in 2012.
it is based on a theory that time is not constant but accelerating .
on a pyramid like scale with 7 cycles each cycle is 7 times faster than the next and 7 times the knowledge is learnt during each cycle. each cycle has a name and a day and night period. the last cycle lasts 60 days . and when complete we are supposed to reach cosmic conscienceness , or cosmic awareness . in which all is known. it is very interesting .
the thing i liked about it was the mayan people did not predict themselves or thier generation to be involved in the end of time , as almost all other theorists do. the complete cycle = one revolution of the galaxy .
what i said may not be exactly right on what the calander says or its interpretation , but it is along those lines . let us know your opinions please . and post links if anyone finds good one. cheers in advance.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
gozza

ive read about this too
very interesting
Old 11-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill google that; youve got me curious
Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

The mayans were very intelligent people. I think they actually had 2 calendars
and did brain surgery.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
elgt146
315-TUF

Here is my Mayan Calendar run down. I'm not religous or anything, have just read a bit about this and many other subjects that relate.

The Mayan calendar consists of many different calendars.
The Mayans are known as the 'Keepers of Time" History also shows that the entire Mayan civilizations disappeared without a trace. The word Maya means "Illusion"

Some of their short calendars are used to plant crops with moon cycles, There is also the galatic long calendar which is when the 2012 calendar finishes. It is a cycle the solar system takes and it nears it end on 22nd Dec 2012. They say we are entering a new age with humanity and that at this time there will be great changes. Non-one knows for sure what this is but it is expected to be earth changes, spiritual changes, bascailly a rude awakening for mankind. I might also note that the Mayan calendar has predicted every solar eclipse and solar event (comets etc) to the precise dates & times.

The Mayan calendar is the most accurate calendar in existence. The current calendar we use (Gregorian) was put into place by the Roman Empire but was so out of sync they created a leap year to keep it in sync. The Mayans are also known as some of the best mathematicians ever.

And yes time is speeding up. It may not seem like it on a clock but think how fast everything has gotten in the last 5-10 years. How quick the days go, how fast gadgets, cars, life is going by. This is referred to as the quickening. Due to the period of comsic time our bodies and living things are resonating at a higher & faster vibration. They say in 2012 if people aren't in tune to the higher vibrations and frequencies then they won't cope on the earth as it is.

The illusion is we belive there is earth and that is it. But imagine if the earth was a radio and we live on a certain radio station ata certain frequency. There are heaps of other radio stations playing but we don't know they are there until you turn the dial and tune into it. Same with earth, humans etc. We all live on this frequency of material things, working, taxes, money etc. but if you tune into another station there si other stuff out there we can't even imagine. For example a Pyshic tunes into a higher frequency.

I might also add that not only the Mayan calendar talks of changes in year 2012 but also, Budhism, Hindu, Islam, Christianity and all other religions talk about major changes in and around 2012.

And also I have heard hearsay that from several different people, including aboriginal elders and other spritual leaders that they feel there will be a major shake up of Australia's east coast sometime this year around June. This is in line to balance with the Tsanumi that occurred on the western side of the pacific plates.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #6
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146
Here is my Mayan Calendar run down. I'm not religous or anything, have just read a bit about this and many other subjects that relate.

The Mayans are known as the 'Keepers of Time" History also shows that the entire Mayan civilizations disappeared without a trace. The word Maya means "Illusion"

Some of their short calendars are used to plant crops with moon cycles, There is also the galatic long calendar which is when the 2012 calendar finishes. It is a cycle the solar system takes and it nears it end on 22nd Dec 2012. They say we are entering a new age with humanity and that at this time there will be great changes. Non-one knows for sure what this is but it is expected to be earth changes, spiritual changes, bascailly a rude awakening for mankind. I might also note that the Mayan calendar has predicted every solar eclipse and solar event (comets etc) to the precise dates & times.

The Mayan calendar is the most accurate calendar in existence. The current calendar we use (Gregorian) was put into place by the Roman Empire but was so out of sync they created a leap year to keep it in sync. The Mayans are also known as some of the best mathematicians ever.

And yes time is speeding up. It may not seem like it on a clock but think how fast everything has gotten in the last 5-10 years. How quick the days go, how fast gadgets, cars, life is going by. This is referred to as the quickening. Due to the period of comsic time our bodies and living things are resonating at a higher & faster vibration. They say in 2012 if people aren't in tune to the higher vibrations and frequencies then they won't cope on the earth as it is.

The illusion is we belive there is earth and that is it. But imagine if the earth was a radio and we live on a certain radio station ata certain frequency. There are heaps of other radio stations playing but we don't know they are there until you turn the dial and tune into it. Same with earth, humans etc. We all live on this frequency of material things, working, taxes, money etc. but if you tune into another station there si other stuff out there we can't even imagine. For example a Pyshic tunes into a higher frequency.

I might also add that not only the Mayan calendar talks of changes in year 2012 but also, Budhism, Hindu, Islam, Christianity and all other religions talk about major changes in and around 2012.

And also I have heard hearsay that from several different people, including aboriginal elders and other spritual leaders that they feel there will be a major shake up of Australia's east coast sometime this year around June. This is in line to balance with the Tsanumi that occurred on the western side of the pacific plates.

wow very interesting.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
red_hotxr6
Banned

Apparently we were smarter thousands of years ago than we are now. As time has gone on we have got dumber. Like the dogon tribe of Mali, how did they know that the dog star Sirius,was orbited by a white dwarf neighbour invisible to the naked eye. And was only recently discovered with all our technology.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #8
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I've read about 2012 before, but not in reference to Maya from my understanding.

The version I heard was that there are several dimensions. When 2012 arrives, the earth will be 'in sync' or 'aligned' with another dimension (or frequency as mentioned earlier). Likewise above, those that have the wisdom or ability will be awakened to a new state, Pyshic powers will come into day to day life. In particular, telepathy being in common use.

Mankind is supposedly meant to enter a new state of pyschic awareness and will become aware of all levels of existance. It is at this state that we will learn of aliens, etc.

I've been waiting for 2012 for a while now, to see if any of this is true. The telepathy thing seems to be getting there. How often do you say what someone else was going to say? How often are you thinking something that someone else says instead? Do you ever think about a subject and get asked a question about it, without ever mentioning it?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #9
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:

That was interesting to say the least. Thanks for that.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #10
falcon91

Is this post for real or what!!! If them Mayans where so smart, how did 400 Spanish conquistadors and 1 female traitorous Mayan interpreter wipe them out. They didn't see THAT coming.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:

Does this mean that I shouldn't buy a Phase III as a long term investment? I'd be nervous about classic car values with the end of time rolling around so soon.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose

Last edited by GreenMachine; 12-04-2006 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Chuck Norris says 2012 doesn't exist!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #12
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
Is this post for real or what!!! If them Mayans where so smart, how did 400 Spanish conquistadors and 1 female traitorous Mayan interpreter wipe them out. They didn't see THAT coming.

ROTFLMFAO
Old 12-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #13
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

They Mayans did not dissappear, nor were wiped out. Mayan is still spoken in the Yucatan peninsula, but not written by anyone except their ancestors and current day linguists.

Father Diego de Landa was instrumental in burning almost all but 4 sacred texts of the mayans, he was also instrumental in recording the syllables of the mayan written language which is used today to decypher the mayan hieroglyphs. As so much knowledge was lost, I think you would be rather foolish to assume that we know everything about the Mayan Calendar system. And to finish up heres an excerpt from Wikipedia, its amazing what a little research can do to debunk a truck load of new age gibberish and doom.

===========End of the world?

The end of the 13th baktun is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not mark the end of the world. According to the Popol Vuh, a sacred book of the Maya, we are living in the fourth world. The Popol Vuh describes the first three creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world where men were placed. The Maya believed that the fourth world would end in catastrophe and the fifth and final world would be created that would signal the end of mankind.

The last creation ended on a long count of 13.0.0.0.0. Another 13.0.0.0.0 will occur on December 21, 2012, and it has been discussed in many New Age articles and books that this will be the end of this creation or something else entirely. However, the Maya abbreviated their long counts to just the last five vigesimal places. There were an infinitely larger number of units that were usually not shown. When the larger units were shown (notably on a monument from Coba), the end of the last creation is expressed as 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13 .13.13.13.0.0.0.0, where the units are obviously supposed to be 13s in all larger places. In this age we are only approaching 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0 , and the larger places are nowhere near the 13s that would match the end of the last creation. (Schele and Friedel 1990: 430)

This is confirmed by a date from Palenque, which projects forward in time to 1.0.0.0.0.0, which will occur on 13 October, 4772. The Classic Period Maya obviously did not believe that the end of this age would occur in 2012. According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world.

=====================

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #14
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
The last creation ended on a long count of 13.0.0.0.0. Another 13.0.0.0.0 will occur on December 21, 2012, and it has been discussed in many New Age articles and books that this will be the end of this creation or something else entirely. However, the Maya abbreviated their long counts to just the last five vigesimal places. There were an infinitely larger number of units that were usually not shown. When the larger units were shown (notably on a monument from Coba), the end of the last creation is expressed as 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13 .13.13.13.0.0.0.0, where the units are obviously supposed to be 13s in all larger places. In this age we are only approaching 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0 , and the larger places are nowhere near the 13s that would match the end of the last creation. (Schele and Friedel 1990: 430)
Understood everything in that last post bar this section here.

What the ИИИИ does 13.0.0.0.0 mean?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #15
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

those are the counts of the mayan calendars, called long counts, they refer to the cycles, as you can see due to the peculiar methods of linguistics used by the mayans, they abbreviated the counts, similar to what we do with modern maths.

The end result is the end of the world as the Mayans believed is not 2012, thats a cycle, but 4772, which is decidedly alot longer away.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 12-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #16
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:

The end result is the end of the world as the Mayans believed is not 2012, thats a cycle, but 4772, which is decidedly alot longer away.
If I buy a GTHO and the world ends in 6 years, you're in all kinds of trouble, Dave!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
If I buy a GTHO and the world ends in 6 years, you're in all kinds of trouble, Dave!
itll buff out

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #18
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can we freeze this post until the year 2013, i want to remind a few people and chicken little.
"time is speeding up" measured against or with what?

Isnt time is speeding up liek saying distances are getting smaller? A km is now only 800 metres?

Yep every year or so somebody comes up with another reason why the world is nearly almost about to end or there is about to e some great shake up.
yeh shmeh
nothing to see here, move along people....
Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #19
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Can we freeze this post until the year 2013, i want to remind a few people and chicken little.

Isnt time is speeding up liek saying distances are getting smaller? A km is now only 800 metres?

Yep every year or so somebody comes up with another reason why the world is nearly almost about to end or there is about to e some great shake up.
yeh shmeh
Whilst I agree with bathurst's last sentence there, it's still interesting to think about these things. If a concept like God is true, why would we be created only to be eventually killed?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #20
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
I believe you have the Mayans confused with the Aztecs. Two totally different groups of people. The Spanish conquest of the various Mayan states took roughly 170 years to complete.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77

yeh shmeh
i hope that is true . then the next gt might come out with 320kw's and be a second faster down the strip.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #22
gtfpv
GT

also a thing i might add when i read this very long article 12 months ago the author of the article who had been studying the mayan calander all his life. also mentioned other existances . dimensions.
he stated that every dimension and life form were at the exact same point in time. and that the knowledge was the same . all beit in differant forms .
this can be taken that technology in other dimensions is no more advanced than ours, so that means if we cant communicate or know of no other life or dimensions other than our own . than all the other life forms ands dimensions dont know either.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #23
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
I believe you have the Mayans confused with the Aztecs. Two totally different groups of people. The Spanish conquest of the various Mayan states took roughly 170 years to complete.
Damn!, should have paid more attention to the Discovery channel, my apologies to all the Mayans out there!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #24
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
also a thing i might add when i read this very long article 12 months ago the author of the article who had been studying the mayan calander all his life. also mentioned other existances . dimensions.
he stated that every dimension and life form were at the exact same point in time. and that the knowledge was the same . all beit in differant forms .
this can be taken that technology in other dimensions is no more advanced than ours, so that means if we cant communicate or know of no other life or dimensions other than our own . than all the other life forms ands dimensions dont know either.
Now this is an area which gets more interesting the further you delve into it. It is a common held belief that the 1st Dimension dosnt know about the 2nd, the 2nd dosnt know about ours, the 3rd. So, hence, we dont know nothing about the 4th Dimension, although alot of people think that it is the Spiritual Dimension.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #25
EF, What else?
A Bloke

oh, and the 5th is supposed to be Time. But, as with most things, these are just theories being thrown around.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #26
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I have a theory, if we all take a deep breath and hold it for an hour, we will all be taken to the next level of unconciousness. You guys start, ill be right behind you.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
I have a theory, if we all take a deep breath and hold it for an hour, we will all be taken to the next leve of unconciousness. You guys start, ill be right behind you.
It's much quicker sitting in an enclosed space.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #28
Gunns
Banned

So who is going to be the first to drink the Kool-Aid?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #29
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Understood everything in that last post bar this section here.

What the ИИИИ does 13.0.0.0.0 mean?
IP address, what else
Old 12-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #30
jmc-007

I didnt realise you guys understood this stuff. Its a shame how no one like the idiots in canbera explain this to anyone that things will get a bit rough over the next few years.

One of the explinations i was reading sugests the wars and people running around and acting violent is due to the change in frequencey of the earth. (also the weather patterns as well)

its been getting faster for the last 100 years. from 7.xx hz (also the ELF and VLF Freqs. effect things too. Like radars and other nasty things i wont be saying on a public forum) and going up everyday until 2012.

some people may dismiss things. but you have to decide what happens.
Closed Thread