Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Door trim problems

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with the vinyl wrap on the Mondeo door trims?

I noticed that the vinyl wrap along the top edge of the door trim as it wraps towards the window is bubbled and appears to be pulled back on both front doors. Appears as if the heat got to it and the glue has let go or something??

Its pretty hard to notice from inside the car because the doors are high, so put the window down and have a good look.

I am going to be requesting two new front door trims at first service.

XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
dominelli
Starter Motor

Default Door Trims

I had the same problem on my XR5 and just had the drivers side front door trim replaced. I reported the problem at the 3000km service and no drama's, just a 1 weeks wait for the door trim and it was replaced within about 30mins.
I also had the trinket tray in the centre armrest console replaced as it had been a problem since delivery because it kept getting caught on the centre armrest lid and would always move up and down with the armrest, thereby not giving access to the trinket tray(annoying because that's where I keep the keys whilst driving).
Apart from these minor annoyances, the XR5 has been fantastic.
dominelli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've got a noise from the rear passenger's door. Like a hum, told the dealer about it a couple of times, and they've said it is the tweeter. I've now asked for a replacement door skin. Been told it could be a 3 month wait for the new skin. Great.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post