Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 11:34 PM   #1
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Victorian Mobile Tax Collector Training

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5SjH...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Does anyone recognise the location?
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 06:10 AM   #2
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Victorian Mobile Tax Collector Training

Mobile fine collectors aren't a problem if you don't speed, driven past hundreds of them and never copped a fine

Stop speeding if you are worried about them collecting your $, that will put them out of business and the people will have to find work elsewhere
Old 05-04-2024, 09:46 AM   #3
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Parasites, all of them. We have the same crap in NSW, but they have to signpost them.

They park in the most illegal & dangerous spots too.

I have a mate who is a retired HWP copper & he told me they would not have been allowed to park in some of these spots, in their marked police car.

Dr Terry
4 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 10:15 AM   #4
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
Parasites, all of them. We have the same crap in NSW, but they have to signpost them.

I have a mate who is a retired HWP copper & he told me they would not have been allowed to park in some of these spots, in their marked police car.

Dr Terry

You're being too kind to these individuals.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 10:44 AM   #5
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Whether you are comfortable with speed cameras or not, I think the important thing for all of us to remember is that it's not the individuals operating these cameras that have made the choice to run speed cameras, and, therefore, any sort of violence against the individuals doing their job is not on. If you are against speed cameras, then your ire should be aimed at the government that makes the decision to run these systems.

Any violence against camera operators themselves, or their vehicles, is never acceptable.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
6 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 10:50 AM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5SjH...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Does anyone recognise the location?
I wish you luck with this quest staying on topic.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 03:28 PM   #7
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post

Dr Terry
Absolutely correct, they have no exemption's from the law, they are just contractors to the Government and must abide by the law in regards to their parking

Years ago, when I was in a different life, I was on a committee with the boss of the local Highway Patrol, I asked if they are police vehicles under the definition in law, he said "no", I then asked if they allowed to park illegally, he "absolutely not". I then said to him that they regularly park alongside double white lines, not in a defined parking bay, not long after they never parked there again. If only someone challenged one of the fines, the Magistrate would have had a job on his hands declaring all tickets invalid
Old 05-04-2024, 03:30 PM   #8
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Whether you are comfortable with speed cameras or not, I think the important thing for all of us to remember is that it's not the individuals operating these cameras that have made the choice to run speed cameras, and, therefore, any sort of violence against the individuals doing their job is not on. If you are against speed cameras, then your ire should be aimed at the government that makes the decision to run these systems.

Any violence against camera operators themselves, or their vehicles, is never acceptable.
very well said, people who attack them are the 'parasites', these are just people, mostly desperate for a job to pay their bills. I think people who attack them are the lowest of low
Old 05-04-2024, 04:04 PM   #9
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm comfortable with speed cameras but not in the locations they position them. They never put them anywhere near 'black spots' where accidents occur regularly due to speeding, they always put in them locations for maximum revenue,

I'm not advocating violence. I prefer passive objection.

We had a few guys up here who used to park their rather large vans in a position to block the cameras. Time intensive, but it makes a point.

You're wasting your time objecting to either side of Government, they are both addicted to the revenue stream.

Dr Terry
Old 05-04-2024, 06:34 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Nah, they willingly choose to do a bottom feeder job so they deserve the abuse that they get.

If they had any sort of values or standards they wouldn't do it.

Plenty of other jobs out there that aren't theft on behalf of the government.

They're fair game IMO, Actions not condoned by AFF.

I've never been done by a camera, but I see the places they put them in order to raise revenue and you can't justify it under the guise of 'safety'.

I'd prefer they just say it how it is and be honest about it being another revenue stream.

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 06-04-2024 at 12:03 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 07:15 PM   #11
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Nah, they willingly choose to do a bottom feeder job so they deserve the abuse that they get.

If they had any sort of values or standards they wouldn't do it.

Plenty of other jobs out there that aren't theft on behalf of the government.

They're fair game IMO, and I'd like to buy lunch for them.

I've never been done by a camera, but I see the places they put them in order to raise revenue and you can't justify it under the guise of 'safety'.

I'd prefer they just say it how it is and be honest about it being another revenue stream.
Anyone caught doing any of the things you say you condone (or perhaps even carry out yourself) here deserves to be punished appropriately through the legal system. Immature, inappropriate action.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 06-04-2024 at 12:04 AM.
8 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 07:19 PM   #12
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Mobile fine collectors aren't a problem if you don't speed, driven past hundreds of them and never copped a fine

Stop speeding if you are worried about them collecting your $, that will put them out of business and the people will have to find work elsewhere
Convinced you’ve got those 2 paragraphs saved for ease of copy and pasting?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 07:27 PM   #13
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

The original poster was asking, for whatever reason, if anyone recognised the area.
If it turns into a Govco bashing thread, or whether speed cameras are good or bad, I’ll get to close my first thread.
Try researching which country has the most speed cameras instead.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 05-04-2024 at 07:58 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 08:27 PM   #14
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Quote:

They choose to be camera operators, some of them do it gleefully. As such, they are a part of the problem
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2024, 09:33 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No one sits in a speed van because they want to and I'm sure it's shit. It's a job mate and they shouldn't be abused. Same as parking inspectors.

They are revenue raisers for sure but it will be a never ending amount of them because people need money and they make more than it costs.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:34 PM   #16
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post

A factually incorrect statement, Cameras malfunction and operators in the past have set incorrect speed zone settings.
A colleague was sent a fine in the mail for a vehicle he has never owned and in a place he had never driven.
The number plate on the vehicle in the photograph was not his number plate, so it was not a cloned plate.
The vehicle in the photo was not the same make or model as his vehicle.
It cost him a couple of hours off work to go to the City to view the Photograph and there was no compensation.
Old 06-04-2024, 03:10 AM   #17
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

AFF does not condone any sort of violence towards anyone... period.

I think that it is disgusting that someone would want to cause someone else harm simply because they are doing something that puts food on the table and a roof over their head for them and their family.

Any further posts that condone this sort of behaviour will be deleted.
Old 06-04-2024, 06:02 AM   #18
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
No one sits in a speed van because they want to and I'm sure it's shit.
In Queensland the camera cars are manned by cops, I've been on first name terms with a few of them, and they all say they love getting paid overtime (yep, overtime, regular pay rate is for when they're doing their regular police duties) rates to sit in a reasonably comfortable seat and watch movies on their iPads.....

You cant tell me that the idea of getting paid even minimum wage (as a civilian operator) to be a protected species scumbag sitting on your butt and watching movies all day is that bad?
Old 06-04-2024, 06:08 AM   #19
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Anyone caught doing any of the things you say you condone (or perhaps even carry out yourself) here deserves to be punished appropriately through the legal system. Immature, inappropriate action.
yep, spot on
Old 06-04-2024, 06:09 AM   #20
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
A factually incorrect statement, Cameras malfunction and operators in the past have set incorrect speed zone settings.
A colleague was sent a fine in the mail for a vehicle he has never owned and in a place he had never driven.
The number plate on the vehicle in the photograph was not his number plate, so it was not a cloned plate.
The vehicle in the photo was not the same make or model as his vehicle.
It cost him a couple of hours off work to go to the City to view the Photograph and there was no compensation.
I'm talking about speeding, you decided to go off on another tangent
Old 06-04-2024, 06:11 AM   #21
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
No one sits in a speed van because they want to and I'm sure it's shit. It's a job mate and they shouldn't be abused. Same as parking inspectors.

They are revenue raisers for sure but it will be a never ending amount of them because people need money and they make more than it costs.
I bet the person above who made all the derogatory comments wouldn't dare go and do it to the 'real' State revenue collectors, the Sheriffs!!!!!!! Sheriffs Powers
Old 06-04-2024, 09:42 AM   #22
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Oh no, someone mentioned the Nuremberg defense.
Not sure what has taken a massive bite out of you today but it's not worth it for you or me....take care...
Old 06-04-2024, 09:58 AM   #23
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

We're done.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread