Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When Brocky arrived in Heaven yesterday, apparently the first thing he heard was "Crikey, what are you doing here".....

I hope this joke puts a smile on some of your faces... A little humor is needed after a horrid week....

R.I.P to 2 great blokes...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Very sad to hear. One of the greats of the sport.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't if this duplicated..but what the hell...Brockies family..I.E. kids have accepted the offer of a state funeral for him.....what does that tell the knockers of a true car pedaller.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 09-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
77XCUTE

Default RIP Brocky

I guess God will have to get used to not winning every race anymore at Heaven's Raceway.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PETER-BROCK-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
Hmmm... Well done by Russellh2468.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 AM   #7
winfield_blue
winfield_blue

Farewll to a good bloke and a legend of motor sport. we will miss ya Brocky. RIP. least you didnt have long to wait to see steve again. Australia is in shock and mourning over the deat of Steve Irwin and Peter Brock. may the heaven keep them both safe and they can talk about bathurst and crocodiles. farewell to two good blokes who done austra proud. RIP we all love ya and miss ya heaps brocky.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Germaine Greer is just a stuck up *****....how dare she aussies are an embarrassment and steve irwin was stressing animals..I bet you know one really cares if she dies.

RIP BROCKY AND STEVE
Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I wouldn't give her any air time.. Even on here...
Though I'm not an aussie I feel we are like brothers that fight like crazzy [ Rugby, Cricket Hmm ?? , League etc] but when someone like her steps in, its all on...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #10
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
Germaine Greer is just a stuck up *****....how dare she aussies are an embarrassment and steve irwin was stressing animals..I bet you know one really cares if she dies.

RIP BROCKY AND STEVE
Right on Send up the fighter squadrons if she dare enter Australian water Air anything close by.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare

RIP BROCKY AND STEVE
If anything, she's an embarrasment, to Australia.

I just hope the ugly *****, keeps her ego down and doesn't slander Brockie, like she done to poor old Steve Irwin.

I don't want her to die, because that would mean, she would get out of her pathetic life. I want her in months, even years to come, to feel agonising guilt, for what she said.

R.I.P Steve Irwin and Peter Brock. Atleast you guys are in a better place, where you are free from scum, like Germain Greer.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Steffo
LPG > You

I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news.

RIP Peter Brock
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 11-09-2006, 02:26 AM   #13
LimeGlaze
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been stuck out the back of Kalgoorlie with work for the last 9 days - heard the news on the radio 2pm Friday, got back to the hotel we were staying at, turned on Skynews, and sat there for an hour - felt drained. Finally made it back to Perth this morning (left Kal at 5:20 this morning), and managed to "jag" coming down Great Eastern Highway from Mt Helena area (close to the turnoff for Gidgeganup for those of you not in WA), to where we turned off in Greenmount - approx 10Kms down the road, as the cars making their way out to pay their respects, went up the hill.

Was totally choking to see everyone on the road in their cars - Toranas, Monaros, Holdens, Fords, Valiants, Rods, Vintage/Veteran, ... cars all making their way peacefully together out to Gidge, and will be a memory that will stay with me forever.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #14
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I’ve just put some photos of Brocky in his last race meeting over in the UK) in the Peter Brock Tribute (Song and Pictures) thread.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #15
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

So sad. I was in QLD when I heard this news and could not beleive it. 2 Aussie legends in 5 days. What did Australia do to deserve this? And we lost the Democrat founder Don Chip and the guy that wrote those childrens books. The last 2 were 80 something though. Dieing at 44 and 61 is still too young. Esecially in the way these 2 blokes died. Both of them were champions in their own special ways and they will be remembered forever!
RIP Steve Irwin and Peter Brock.
Old 14-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #16
fordfuntastic
Banned

Get a load of this,,,,, Die hard Holden fans are Infuriated that their idol Peter Brock was taken from Tullamarine airport to a funeral home in a Ford hearse!

Tobin brothers are going to provide Holden hearses to fullfill the journey-------?

What they dont know is that the Ford hearse would of taken him to heaven but the Holden to Hell!

Whats wrong with Fords? : : : : :king: :king: :king: :king:
Old 17-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Found this on Ninemsn. Don't know if it's been covered.
I don't see much point of her bringing this up after all thats happened...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=163473
Brock beat me up, claims ex-wife
Friday Nov 17
Peter Brock's ex-wife Michelle Downes says the motor racing star repeatedly beat her and encouraged her to have an abortion during their ill-fated marriage.

The former Miss Australia was briefly married to Brock in 1974 when she was a 21-year-old Seven Network weather girl.

In an interview with New Idea magazine, Downes said the 12-month marriage was marred by frequent beatings that began on their honeymoon.

"I don't even remember what set him off that night," Downes told the magazine.

"He pushed me around and threw me up against a wall. I remember sitting on the sand at 2am staring out at the ocean and crying my eyes out."

Downes said Brock, who was then in the early stages of his soon-to-be stellar career, demanded sex up to six times a day and would get very moody over professional frustrations.

"I was running down the street with Peter chasing me," Downes recounted.

"And with his full force he just grabbed me and threw me face down on the concrete. I was cut and bleeding."

The couple's then-landlady, named only as Rosa, told the magazine she had taken in a bloody Downes that night despite being afraid.

Several months later, in December 1974, the former weather girl was rushed to hospital after taking sleeping tablets in a botched suicide bid.

The breakdown came after another beating, which Downes' mother Audrey said left her daughter with a bloody nose, a split lip and other injuries.

Downes said she later realised it had compounded the trauma of an unwanted abortion.

Brock had wanted to start a family but four months into her pregnancy he delivered an ultimatum, Downes said.

" ... Peter suddenly came home one night and announced: 'I've decided we shouldn't have a baby. And if you do, I'll leave'," she said.

Downes said she felt she had no choice but to terminate the pregnancy.

"I was trying to save my marriage," she told the magazine.

She alleged Brock had also beat her during the short-lived pregnancy, but had "only ever acknowledged he hit me once. To anyone else he would deny it."

Downes said she always wanted to speak out about the violence, but had felt ashamed and wanted the now-legendary racing driver's career to flourish.

But with White Ribbon Day coming up on November 25, which aims to eliminate violence against women, Downes said she wanted to encourage other victims to speak out.

Downes said she had been planning to talk to her ex-husband about the violence before his September death during a rally in Perth.

"All I ever wanted to hear him say was that he was sorry," she said.

Comment is being sought from Brock family spokesmen.

İAAP 2006
Old 17-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #18
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Found this on Ninemsn. Don't know if it's been covered.
I don't see much point of her bringing this up after all thats happened...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=163473
Brock beat me up, claims ex-wife
Friday Nov 17
Peter Brock's ex-wife Michelle Downes says the motor racing star repeatedly beat her and encouraged her to have an abortion during their ill-fated marriage.

The former Miss Australia was briefly married to Brock in 1974 when she was a 21-year-old Seven Network weather girl.

In an interview with New Idea magazine, Downes said the 12-month marriage was marred by frequent beatings that began on their honeymoon.

"I don't even remember what set him off that night," Downes told the magazine.

"He pushed me around and threw me up against a wall. I remember sitting on the sand at 2am staring out at the ocean and crying my eyes out."

Downes said Brock, who was then in the early stages of his soon-to-be stellar career, demanded sex up to six times a day and would get very moody over professional frustrations.

"I was running down the street with Peter chasing me," Downes recounted.

"And with his full force he just grabbed me and threw me face down on the concrete. I was cut and bleeding."

The couple's then-landlady, named only as Rosa, told the magazine she had taken in a bloody Downes that night despite being afraid.

Several months later, in December 1974, the former weather girl was rushed to hospital after taking sleeping tablets in a botched suicide bid.

The breakdown came after another beating, which Downes' mother Audrey said left her daughter with a bloody nose, a split lip and other injuries.

Downes said she later realised it had compounded the trauma of an unwanted abortion.

Brock had wanted to start a family but four months into her pregnancy he delivered an ultimatum, Downes said.

" ... Peter suddenly came home one night and announced: 'I've decided we shouldn't have a baby. And if you do, I'll leave'," she said.

Downes said she felt she had no choice but to terminate the pregnancy.

"I was trying to save my marriage," she told the magazine.

She alleged Brock had also beat her during the short-lived pregnancy, but had "only ever acknowledged he hit me once. To anyone else he would deny it."

Downes said she always wanted to speak out about the violence, but had felt ashamed and wanted the now-legendary racing driver's career to flourish.

But with White Ribbon Day coming up on November 25, which aims to eliminate violence against women, Downes said she wanted to encourage other victims to speak out.

Downes said she had been planning to talk to her ex-husband about the violence before his September death during a rally in Perth.

"All I ever wanted to hear him say was that he was sorry," she said.

Comment is being sought from Brock family spokesmen.

İAAP 2006
Hmmmm people are still mourning over his death....Why bring it up now?
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Closed Thread