Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
glennboy
Starter Motor

Default need air flow pipe

hey all,

I have a series I AU wagon that has jsut done under 200,000 kms. On the AU site Pig has put a alloy pipe from his throttle body to his air filter box, I am chasing on of these pipes as my plastic one has cracked. I have tried local suppliers including exhaust joints and know one want to quote on making one. I also work in an auto shop and can not find a supplier from an after market one. Please help!

I have also fitted a tickford induction snorkle, and K&N pod filter inside the air box. I am also trying to complete most of the article from the site. So far the seat belts have been upgraded and i am going to spray the calipers nexts and put some mess behind the grill.

I am also wondering if my fuel usage is right I am running tickford gas setup in the wagon and getting 14.5 to 15 kms per 100 kms is this good or bad.

Please help with the pipe

Glennboy

glennboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennboy

I am also wondering if my fuel usage is right I am running tickford gas setup in the wagon and getting 14.5 to 15 kms per 100 kms is this good or bad.

Glennboy
I run a dual fuel set up and usually get 14 litres per 100. My car has done 130,000 km's. Sounds about right to me.

Can't help you with the pipe but I bet you it won't be long before someone else can. This is a great forum!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hey all,

I have a series I AU wagon that has jsut done under 200,000 kms. On the AU site Pig has put a alloy pipe from his throttle body to his air filter box, I am chasing on of these pipes as my plastic one has cracked. I have tried local suppliers including exhaust joints and know one want to quote on making one. I also work in an auto shop and can not find a supplier from an after market one. Please help!

I have also fitted a tickford induction snorkle, and K&N pod filter inside the air box. I am also trying to complete most of the article from the site. So far the seat belts have been upgraded and i am going to spray the calipers nexts and put some mess behind the grill.

Glennboy

I think you can just take a picture of it to any exhaust place and they can knock one up for you. Don't ask for a pig pipe cause they will have no idea. That was pigs nick name for it. Also depending on where the crack is, I beleive they can just cut away a section and use pipe. But I think the whole pig pipe is the way to go. I suggest take a pic to an exhaust shop.

Another alternative is Jim Mock. They have these in kits. You get a pod with it. 2 styles. The most expensive I think is $300. The less expensive is a bit over $100. Don't quote me on the prices. Contact Jim Mock Motorsport. Follow the sponsors links above.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Wink

Quote:
hey all,

Glennboy
Have you tried to get a BA intake as per the mod in the workshop section?
Sleeperau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
hey all,

Glennboy
Jim Mock Motorsport sell them, about $300 with HPC coating. If its for an LPG engine you wont see any gain though. Might even make it a hassle to fit due to the gas setup. Just get another plastic one from Ford, they flow more than enough for a stock or mild engine.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I found trying to find a place that would make a one off one was costly. Usually around the $400+ mark.

Defilippo Exhausts also do one however JMM is a site sponsor as the others have said.

The guys on Fordmods might be able to help you too. I think there may be one still up for grabs.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #7
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I might be a little too late, But I'm jigging up one to suit. Rather than an adaptor to fit the el lid I put on, I got a length of 3" pipe form exhaust place (20 bucks for 2' in case I need to do again). Then measure up the one bend from lid to the flexible right angle and cut and weld (I have top notch boilermakers in my wksp). Wont look great to begin, but add a little heatproof paint and I'm hoping it will be beneficial as well as pleasing to the eye.
Pics when I get around to making it up and fitting it.
If i had 300 spare, I'd probably get a JMM one, but money tight when I spend it on other stuff I don't need
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
I found trying to find a place that would make a one off one was costly. Usually around the $400+ mark.

Defilippo Exhausts also do one however JMM is a site sponsor as the others have said.

The guys on Fordmods might be able to help you too. I think there may be one still up for grabs.
I must have been lucky. First exhaust place I want to (Exhaust Plus in Salisbury) did mine for $160. There were a few different configurations we came up with, the one I picked was the most expensive. They even put some nice mounting tabs so it would mount up to the same places as the plastic pipe.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #9
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I'd say you were lucky.

My normal exhaust joint wanted $450. Several others I saw were pretty close to that amount too. $160 is a steal.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
glennboy
Starter Motor

Default still looking for pipe

well if anyone can get me one for less than $180 I would be happy to buy it as Jim Mock fords didn't reply to my email and our local exhaust joints seem to think its to expensive and to hard to make.
glennboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You really only need to replace the bit from the flexible elbow to the airbox - the rest of it is pretty much 3" anyway. City Custom Exhaust in Canberra do that section plus a kingdragon filter for around $180 odd. Pretty good value, IMO.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post