Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
HSE2

Default Car broken into -need some help

Nice little surprise for me this morning. Nothing wrecks ones day then having a window smashed. If they want something all they had to do is ask but no they have to make a mess.

Amongst the damage and items stolen was my Ford Racing Jacket. Now there aren't many of these jackets getting around Tasmania and the police would like to get a photo of what it looks like.

The jacket was worn by Geoff Polites during a 60 minutes segment some years back. It has Ford Australia Racing on the back and is dark blue in colour. It has XR8 on the collar which houses the hood. I think it has XR8 on the front and it had a zip out vest. I purchased mine through the discovery centre. I quick check of their website has proved fruitless.

I am after photos or information if / where these jackets are still being sold

BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

how will you know its yours if someones trying to sell it?
Old 22-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
HSE2

I will know its mine alright but I don't think the police want the information for that purpose. I suspect I will never be asked to identify it. They just want to know what it looked like.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 22-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Felicity says those Ford Racing jackets were discontinued about three years ago. We've both got the first version of these that had the zip out polar fleece jackets, instead of the vest, but the outer jacket is the same.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
HSE2

You know I was ИИИИed about the damage but now I am more ИИИИed about my jacket.

A don't suppose there is any left anywhere that Felicity knows about?

Any chance of a couple of pics front and back of the jacket please Mark?