Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: How many times have you been caught speeding?
Never; and I'm proud of it! 34 16.59%
1 -5; the occasional mind lapse 115 56.10%
6 - 10; neither here nor there 32 15.61%
10 -20; Speeding, what's that? 14 6.83%
20 +; I'm happy to donate to the upkeep of our roads! 10 4.88%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default How Many Times Have You Been Caught Speeding?

Went for a trip with my Mum earlier this week to drop off my seadoo for a service and to drop off a display cabinet to my sister that was at my mum's.

During the approx 6 hour round trip, we talked about many things, but especially other people's driving habits. In amongst that was how many people were speeding.

I know that there are always threads on this forum about how unfair the current speeding rules are, and how inappropriate some of the speed limits are, etc, and then you have the other side of the fence where people say it is easy not to pay the government, just don't speed. So, it got me to thinking about how many people on these forums actually don't speed (or at least never get pinged for it), and of those that do, how often they get caught.

I'll happily put up my hand and proudly say that, in the 27 years I've held a licence, I have never been caught. Not once!. Not to say I don't speed, because I don't think anyone can honestly say that, but I think I'm a pretty good judge of right time and place.

But, my Mum trumps me easily! She's had a licence for something like 45 years, and has never been booked, fined or even pulled over for speeding! Except once when we lived in Malaysia back in the mid-70s. On that occasion, Mum swears she wasn't speeding, but it is pretty hard to argue when you're a female, by yourself and the police officer is brandishing a machine gun . After an exchange of cash, all was forgotten so I don't think that really counts....

So, how many times have you been fined for speeding? And when you post, please let us know how many years you have had a licence.

This should be an interesting survey!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: