Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #31
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

This is slightly off-topic as it doesn't relate to anyone's set up but I've got a F1 Racing CD-ROM thingo and there's a heap of adjustments like what your talking about. After playing around with the suspension settings my lap times came down a second or two on the same circuit. So I can see how such a set-up would make a difference out on the road.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #32
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
This is slightly off-topic as it doesn't relate to anyone's set up but I've got a F1 Racing CD-ROM thingo and there's a heap of adjustments like what your talking about. After playing around with the suspension settings my lap times came down a second or two on the same circuit. So I can see how such a set-up would make a difference out on the road.
Sounds like I'll have to get you to setup my susspension... I need someone with some experience.... LOL
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #33
Mullett
Badly Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
That's HUGE. 2 seconds is heaps for just suspention tuning, the difference to drive the car on the road would be night and day...Keep in mind that suspention doesn't increase the breakout limit of the tyres, they don't grip harder (well...kinda), so what you're really changing with suspention tuning is the balance of the grip and the way the car responds...which, more than anything else, changes the way the car feels...and the better it feels, the faster and more confident you'll be.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #34
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah, I would imagine the suspension changes would also affect the aerodynamics. This is a F1 car afterall and 2 seconds a lap over a race distance is MASSIVE. The Simulator gives you an option of replaying your lap(s) and you can see the car understeering into the corner and oversteering out of it before you start playing with all the settings. Not ideal!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post