Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
cram72

Default Why would ya....

hit another persons car in the car park and drive off. Just finished a particularly ****** week to walk out after seven days on and think ah beer o'clock.

Return to car to find back door, wheel arch on my xr8 covered in silver paint and quite frankly *******(ked and stoved in.. Will easy be a 1500 dollar fix.

No note, nothing, just a lot of damage.

I recovered somebodys front indicator fragments and silver paint.

They don't realsie that I will now walk the earth with my paint match, a nice metallic silver and hunt them like the dogs they are...!

cram72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
IEAT8S
Turbo Power

Default Re: Why would ya....

For them to do that much damage there car should be easy to spot. Any footage of the area?
IEAT8S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sucks man.. real dog act.. any cameras where you parked???
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
cram72

Nah took a good look no cctv, would have been a good hit. Live in pretty small town so I reckon I'll just check the car parks for the next week. Got a good paint sample so know what colour I'm looking for..
Old 24-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
ACEz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram72
Nah took a good look no cctv, would have been a good hit. Live in pretty small town so I reckon I'll just check the car parks for the next week. Got a good paint sample so know what colour I'm looking for..
Absolute scum, Keep searching till you find them , even if it takes you 50 years
Old 24-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have insurance use it and move on with your life. What happens if you do see the car that hit yours. What are you actually going to do?

If the person does not admit to doing it, there is nothing you can actually do.

Just get it repaired move on, it a bad situation and sucks for the inocent party as your self.

My old car in 5 years got hit 6 times. Only twice did people leave a note, one note had fake details and the other was a person who worked for the same company but could not see any damage.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
cram72

Yeah this is my third time so i'm pretty disappointed. I took photo's at the scene and recovered a lot of pieces of a clear indicator and a lot of large pieces of silver paint. There was a lot of paint on paint damage so my narooma blue will be all over the other car.

As **** as it sounds two other silver cars use the same car park I do, one Mitsubishi Magna and a second a Holden statesman. I'll just keep a watch who isn't parking in the car park and as sad as it sounds will walk around for a week looking.

My au2 XR8 is a super clean car and I paid good money because it was so straight and clean. I'm not prepared to let some ****** do this without really putting in the effort to try and locate the offender.

You are right, what can I do? I can at least maybe locate the vehicle and at best look the owner in the eye! That will guage if I;m right or not.

I will just have to use this oppurtunity to pay and at the same time clear up any little niggles on the paint.

What goes around comes around just can;t work out where my go around was for me to get a come around!
Old 24-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
XR227

Bloody Scum *****, My mate was shopping in the main street, he came back to his motor bike to find it laying on its side, Some ***** in a 4wd reversed back knocked it over and took off.
He asked the lady in the shop if she saw anything, She gave him the rego
number but wasn't prepared to make a statement.
So he put a ad in the paper to see if any body else witnessed it, then got
one of his mates to come forward to say he witnessed it and got the money
out of the Filthy Slag to pay for the damages.
Good luck with getting it sorted.
XR227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
z80
Banned

Sometimes people hit other cars and the bodies are so thin and flimsy now that you don't even notice you've hit it.

The glass is half full mate, it's probably an honest mistake by someone.

Life is too short.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Sometimes people hit other cars and the bodies are so thin and flimsy now that you don't even notice you've hit it.
If your surname is Magoo perhaps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTH...feature=relmfu
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80

The glass is half full mate, it's probably an honest mistake by someone.

Life is too short.

If you are "unfortunate" enough to wilfully damage some elses property, or if you have a temporary lapse of driving skills, please have the courage/balls to leave a note on the front windscreen of your mishap leaving your simple contact numbers, albeit yours or your insurer/legal rep.

It is really not that hard to admit that you up.

I you are not priveliged to have motor vehicle insurance, at least the owner of the insurance policy can retain their no claim bonus.

Last edited by Pinkbits; 25-02-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Avoiding language filter
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #12
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn sorry to hear that!

It sucks! It's happened to me way too many times.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #13
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most people don't care about thier cars so why would they care about yours.
Last night I witnessed a van drive into the side of a SUV. The SUV driver flipped off the van driver and they both drove off. They just don't care.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #14
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night I witnessed a van drive into the side of a SUV. The SUV driver flipped off the van driver and they both drove off. They just don't care.

Last edited by Raptor; 25-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My cars have suffered the same fate a few times and only fake notes have been left

Until

one day my wife was walking through the shopping center and saw some one hit a parked car, she watched them leave a note, she checked the note (as she assumed it was bogas) so she left her own note with the description and registration number of the car and my wifes contact details

the person rang my wife a week later to thank her as the repair would now be going through the 3rd partys insurance

Story 2
my Finance manager rings me in a state of dispare shes just walked down to her car which she left out the front of her boy friends hous and some one has hit it, so hard its front half is now up on the curb and the car is undrivable, there was no other car in site just a note under the wiper that read, sorry about your car I swerved to avoid a asian man who was walking accross the street in dark cloathing and hit your car, I'm late for a flight but call me on my mobile today(which was like **** 123 456 and just looked fake) and I will give you my insurance details

well bugger me if we didnt call them and it all worked out OK

so the moral is not all people are scum and this time just claim it and move on, perhaps ask who ever owns the car park ot near by busienss's if they have CCTV (just casue you cant see it doesnt mean its not there) and move on with life

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by Raptor; 25-02-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: watch the swearing Yeti
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most of the time , these scum who damage others cars, have warrants out, shouldnt be driving, are under the influence of drugs or heaven forbide had the odd ale or two
It is a dog act,and no doubt if the damage was reversed they wanna sue someone for the world
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Nail on the head.
Old 25-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bus, Taxi and Courier drivers are the WORST.

Truckies are ok, most look after their trucks but i have seen many a truck running on flats or the actual rim, metal grinding and sparks all up the highway...

Anyway OP thats terrible, good luck finding the bastard.

If i see anyone do a runner i either wait around for the owner or leave a note with any info on the asshat that ran.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I seen some ******* hit a ute and drive off a while back. made sure i waited for the owner of the ute too come back and gave him details about the other car and his rego. people are just *********. had my AU parked at a shopping centre a few years back and some ***** smashed the rear bumper. no note or anything. left me $250 repair bill. i mean accidents happend but at least own up too them
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
MkyHnly

I had the same thing happen to me, but I was lucky enough that there were some men re-surfacing the car park at the same time. It was a learner driver in a driving instructor's car and they were about to take off without leaving a note (how unprofessional!).

The guys re-surfacing the car park took the details of the car and the company name on the side of the car. If it weren't for them the repair bill would have been huge!

Hope you find the idiot that did that to your pride and joy mate.
MkyHnly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
Kevaclone

Quote:

If the damage to their car was that bad, and the town is small enough
just call the local crash repair workshops and ask them to keep a lookout for any silver cars with *insert your car colour here* paint being booked in for repairs.

Then you can go report the incident to the Police and they can go do their business to the unsuspecting scumbag and your insurance company can recover the money and the idiot may learn that running don't work

I have had quite a few Scum try hit and runs on me
two that didn't get away

Years ago I was at our local takeaway in my XE Falcon to pick up my order, as I walked in I passed this guy heading out to his car, heard his car start and then *CRUNCH* I walk back out to see that he had reversed into the front of my car crushing the cheap $7 plastic numberplate cover. Thinking he had done some real damage he dropped his V8 VH commodore onto drive and floored it. Unfortunately his towbar had also caught under the front bumper where the numberplate sits. This stopped his escape for a few seconds as he sat there spinning his wheels. then the bumper let go and he sped off dragging my bumper a few metres down the road. Resulting damage, bent l&r mudguards, bent bumper mounts, pierced A/C condenser(where bumper mount went through it as it twisted), Bumper torn and bent and Hella fog lights smashed as they were dragged down the road. As he took off he turned off his lights and I could only get a couple of letters on his plate.
The Takeaway owner came out as he drove off and said to me. Oh he just picked up his phone order, here is his name and phone number. Handed that info to the insurance company and they got back to me with his address and fixed my car. 3 weeks later I see there was a HUGE garage sale and a second car up for sale..... Guess he got the repair bill plus expenses and my excess. Letter from the Insurance company stated $700 damage and $600 expenses and the $400 excess refund to me.

Now if the bonehead had just got out and looked when he backed into my car he would have seen the $7 damage and we could have just lifted the front of my car off his towbar and he would have driven off home without paying a cent

Time before that, around 1988. I was driving my neat TD Cortina and went to overtake a 60 series landcruiser towing a 13 foot tinny. As I got along side of the boat the cruiser moved over to the wrong side and slammed the boat and trailer into my left front guard and door and almost pushed me off into the table drain. This pr!ck didn't stop and so I passed him and slowed down and he tried to ram my car so I got his rego and reported him to the local cops. which did bugger all but for insurance purposes. I then contacted the insurance company and they did the rest, 4 years later I get a letter from them informing me of the outcome(plus a refund cheque for my excess) Turns out every time the insurance found the guy and presented him with a court order for the repair bill he would move, he moved 3 times the forth time they presented him with a court seizure notice for his cruiser and boat to cover the bill....... they sold the cruiser and boat at auction. They gave him the $300 change from the sale after the insurance company's $4200 bill was paid. $700 repairs, $300 excess and the rest in private investigator and court expenses

Yep he got away with that didn't he
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone
If the damage to their car was that bad, and the town is small enough
just call the local crash repair workshops and ask them to keep a lookout for any silver cars with *insert your car colour here* paint being booked in for repairs.

Then you can go report the incident to the Police and they can go do their business to the unsuspecting scumbag and your insurance company can recover the money and the idiot may learn that running don't work

I have had quite a few Scum try hit and runs on me
two that didn't get away

Years ago I was at our local takeaway in my XE Falcon to pick up my order, as I walked in I passed this guy heading out to his car, heard his car start and then *CRUNCH* I walk back out to see that he had reversed into the front of my car crushing the cheap $7 plastic numberplate cover. Thinking he had done some real damage he dropped his V8 VH commodore onto drive and floored it. Unfortunately his towbar had also caught under the front bumper where the numberplate sits. This stopped his escape for a few seconds as he sat there spinning his wheels. then the bumper let go and he sped off dragging my bumper a few metres down the road. Resulting damage, bent l&r mudguards, bent bumper mounts, pierced A/C condenser(where bumper mount went through it as it twisted), Bumper torn and bent and Hella fog lights smashed as they were dragged down the road. As he took off he turned off his lights and I could only get a couple of letters on his plate.
The Takeaway owner came out as he drove off and said to me. Oh he just picked up his phone order, here is his name and phone number. Handed that info to the insurance company and they got back to me with his address and fixed my car. 3 weeks later I see there was a HUGE garage sale and a second car up for sale..... Guess he got the repair bill plus expenses and my excess. Letter from the Insurance company stated $700 damage and $600 expenses and the $400 excess refund to me.

Now if the bonehead had just got out and looked when he backed into my car he would have seen the $7 damage and we could have just lifted the front of my car off his towbar and he would have driven off home without paying a cent

Time before that, around 1988. I was driving my neat TD Cortina and went to overtake a 60 series landcruiser towing a 13 foot tinny. As I got along side of the boat the cruiser moved over to the wrong side and slammed the boat and trailer into my left front guard and door and almost pushed me off into the table drain. This pr!ck didn't stop and so I passed him and slowed down and he tried to ram my car so I got his rego and reported him to the local cops. which did bugger all but for insurance purposes. I then contacted the insurance company and they did the rest, 4 years later I get a letter from them informing me of the outcome(plus a refund cheque for my excess) Turns out every time the insurance found the guy and presented him with a court order for the repair bill he would move, he moved 3 times the forth time they presented him with a court seizure notice for his cruiser and boat to cover the bill....... they sold the cruiser and boat at auction. They gave him the $300 change from the sale after the insurance company's $4200 bill was paid. $700 repairs, $300 excess and the rest in private investigator and court expenses

Yep he got away with that didn't he

If you took details to the police and said I seen a car at a panel shop with this damage it matches mine, they would laugh at you and tell you to get some real evidence.

Also in both cases with the insurance company would not recover the excess. The insurance company can not make a profit from an accident.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #23
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Yeah this is my third time so i'm pretty disappointed. I took photo's at the scene and recovered a lot of pieces of a clear indicator and a lot of large pieces of silver paint. There was a lot of paint on paint damage so my narooma blue will be all over the other car.

As **** as it sounds two other silver cars use the same car park I do, one Mitsubishi Magna and a second a Holden statesman. I'll just keep a watch who isn't parking in the car park and as sad as it sounds will walk around for a week looking.

My au2 XR8 is a super clean car and I paid good money because it was so straight and clean. I'm not prepared to let some ****** do this without really putting in the effort to try and locate the offender.

You are right, what can I do? I can at least maybe locate the vehicle and at best look the owner in the eye! That will guage if I;m right or not.

I will just have to use this oppurtunity to pay and at the same time clear up any little niggles on the paint.

What goes around comes around just can;t work out where my go around was for me to get a come around!
You know, Xisled makes a good point but same token Touch wood it doesn't, if it did happen to me i'd be on the hunt aswell mind you im NOT in a small town, but when i go out there is always camera's and people about so really it's about someone seeing it and leaving a note on your car with information or it's people who don't give a *&^$ and let it be.
& i guess if you Did sus out who it may be, make sure you don;t loose the plot until you know for sure and ask to look at the back/front etc of there car to try and find damage that you believe matches yours.. what i also want to say is, this person might be a smart cookie and clean the mess straight away or head straight to the panel shop??

For your sake i hope you find what your looking for and hope the person realises they tried to run but you scouted em out and do what's right..
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
bradzo66
Starter Motor

I just take 2 spots on a diagonal in the GT , no-ones had the balls to say anything to me yet , it really annoys the **** out of me , I had a woman walk up to it and put her handbag on the bonnet to dig her mobile out of it , I yelled that loud she dropped her phone. Some people just have no concept of rare , hard to get parts for etc. It would seem every 6 cylinder commodore owner wants to race it , p-platers in Excels want to drive an inch off yr rear . I call it the ****** magnet , cause the minute its on the road it seems every ****** on the road is drawn to it . I've got that way I think for them and ahead of them trying to double guess their stupidity or smart *** actions . Makes it hard to go anywhere in it and just enjoy the drive.
I like you would spend countless hours hunting them down , haha its 7AM and you've got my blood boiling already .......