Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #61
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Thats our Bish, king of the gutter tune ups! Good result mate.

You should have seen his smiles.
Old 26-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #62
rodderz

No doubt the edit has far greater capabilties than any chip on the BA but my ute was tuned with unichip to 240rwkw 1.5 years ago, and today still got 241rwkw! There does seem to be some variance with some though

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
First off, a big thanks to Steve and the crew for a great day, always a day of salivation when I visit RDP. Might have to throw that SC higher on the list of priorities.

As for my result, unichip sucks the big one and I am so over it (down 37 rwhp from my initial tune). Edit is coming and not a minute too soon. My ecu has worked out how to get around the unichip and therefore my result was basically a stock XR8, just helix and underdrives giving it a little more. These ECU's are just too smart for the unichip and today just confirmed my suspicions. Now I am just trying to work out if I can get edit for morgan park or not.

Great result for Tori, drove her car today and the beast is awesome, thanks Princess!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #63
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Not sure why I am getting such a crap result then.
Old 26-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #64
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

because you don't have a hail light and meter Lynton.. hahha

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #65
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
A good Holley and a dirty old Dizzy should fix your problems :P
Old 26-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #66
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Thanks to all who turned up & all who helped to make this a great day,there are some great people out there in the revhead community & we love a chat whenever the occasion comes about.I was hoping that we would win the biggest dyno screen ever award,it was awesome(thanks to Kevs dad for organising his visual effects buddy).LOL.I must also add that the trophys were a work of art & many thanks to the person involved for supplying them,I'm glad I got to keep one.

I did notice that most of our cars were running a little on the low side today,maybe the atmospheric conditions weren't the best for making good power so don't be dissapointed if you didn't quite make the power you expected to see.I'm also sorry I had to spoil the Ford party with my LS1TT ute but I couldn't help myself : .I promiss you will see some very aggressive fords in the new year from the G&D stable & we will endeavour to give the Ford Forums the attention it deserves.Well done STEVE with the black beast making 280rwkw & also CAM290 making a solid 267rwkw through a power robbing auto & big convertor combo.We have a few minor auto software issues to sort out & this beast will kick some serious **** at the track in unopened format once that happens.

We have some exciting plans for Kev's XR8 ute with some unique G&D camshaft profiles being tested over the next 2 weeks before removing the engine for an aggressive engine build from top to bottom in the coming months.It's time for G&D to step up it's Ford race track assault so their should be some interesting times ahead.We look forward to seeing the full potential of a purpose built Boss engine in comparison to the well established LS1's that we have built in recent times.Our only battle will be the extra weight issue of the Fords.

Overall we had a ball today & look forward to planning some more G&D dyno & track events for all to enjoy in the new year.Thanks once again.

Regards Glenn & the G&D crew.
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #67
Steve
torque is your friend

Thanks dude. :
Old 26-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #68
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
No doubt the edit has far greater capabilties than any chip on the BA but my ute was tuned with unichip to 240rwkw 1.5 years ago, and today still got 241rwkw! There does seem to be some variance with some though
Agreed,we use both Edit & unichip each having their place depending on the application.We had 2 strong edited cars today CAM290 & KEVXR8 & 2 strong Unichip cars,Kevs Dads unopened 5 litre AU making an impressive 186rwkw & HAMO's AU I6 making a strong 151rwkw through a power robbing Auto & high stall convertor combo.

Regards Glenn
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #69
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Would have loved to be there early enough to trade witty reparte with you Greg... you would have been proud, Jetting changes in the gutter and all again :evil3:
...back in the gutter hey...we should organise to get the street sweeper in for the next dyno day at this rate!

Sounds like you've got a bad connection or your chip has gone bang Gecko.

Loved the taxi Tibbo, that would have been a sight. Great win too!

Kenny, some extra HP man, well done.

Christ those F6's and XR6T's sure put down some numbers with a few mods!

Wayne your GTP stock?
Old 26-11-2005, 08:04 PM   #70
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Glenn, thanks to all your guys today. A very professional crew and a pleasure to deal with. I'm sure I'll be back down to see you at some point for some tweaks on the Focus. ............And haven't been able to get the V8 conversion for the Focus out of my head all day!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #71
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

I would like to say a big thanks to Mark (XRFPV8) and Russelw for the Victorian part of the day. And naturally to Glenn and Matt for hosting the day here in Victoria. The big screen was agreat thing so we could all see the result the car on the Dyno was achieving at the time.

In the side battle between clean and dirty, dirty up guys LOL. Russell I promise I will get to washing the beast next weekend, really.

On to what I saw as the real purpose of the day a get togeather with our Aus Ford Forum friends for a great social occasion centered around our pride and joys. Seriously a fun day with great people, it was just a shame I had to leave early. I will be back for the next one if it is held again. Might even get to the next Heathcote if possible as well.

GTP151
Old 26-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #72
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
I'm also sorry I had to spoil the Ford party with my LS1TT ute but I couldn't help myself
Did you run the comp and win??
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #73
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I also had a good day today – hot cars, great company and the Ms Tori chariot performed well above expectations!

Thank you to Redcliffe Dyno for putting the day on and also a special thanks to my car wizard Nathan for giving the GT a special helping hand._2:

The Gecko may not have performed to your liking Lynton but she is still incredibly highly regarded in my books and I had an absolute ball giving her another run today. Edit or no edit you will do well at MP, I am confident of that.

Greg – for goodness sake do something about those plates – I pee pee is not the worthiest plates for such a fine automobile. And as for what powers my beast? Well it’s a secret – a girl has to have some mysteries…

Tibbo – Was it hot today or what? I even got sunburnt on my nose… :(

Bish – That massive smile of yours was just electric – your beast did well and your smile confirmed just how proud you were. Well Done Champ!

Was lovely to meet other members of the forum although I was a little embarrassed to receive a round of applause just for reversing my vehicle in a straight-ish line… _

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #74
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
Loved the taxi Tibbo, that would have been a sight. Great win too!
143 rwkw from a stocko crappy LPG Taxi was a sight to see..At full tilt on the rollers you didn't even know the car was running... The only down side was no-one wanted to pay the $7.60 that was on the meter after the run

Old 26-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #75
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
The only down side was no-one wanted to pay the $7.60 that was on the meter after the run
Is that going to have to come out of your pay???

:P

I gotta say, I'm still smiling about today....
Old 26-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #76
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Is that going to have to come out of your pay???
nope I took it out on Steves' sausage fund

Old 26-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #77
Stampy

Still waiting on all other states results, whats going on they must be finished by now!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #78
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
143 rwkw from a stocko crappy LPG Taxi was a sight to see..At full tilt on the rollers you didn't even know the car was running... The only down side was no-one wanted to pay the $7.60 that was on the meter after the run
That's a cack mate. $7.60 in what, 2 mins?

Tori number plates are actually on the list. I just need to sit down and work out the cheapest way to upgrade, as I am not a fan of government funding period. They are just number plates afterall, and they only seem to bother you...

Yeah you should be smiling Bish you've jumped beyond what I think can be done N/A on the Boss at present....which REALLY bugs me. You've no idea.
Old 26-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #79
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
Yeah you should be smiling Bish you've jumped beyond what I think can be done N/A on the Boss at present....which REALLY bugs me. You've no idea.
Muwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha
:the_finge

I have to say, it was also great seeing the speedo twist round to straight down while on the dyno :P
Old 26-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #80
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Yeah this is the burning question, which Ford Forum members who were on the list are the Grand champions ??
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #81
pursuit218
a blower is the only goer

been busy at the v8s. many thanks to all at g&d. 450 rwkw ok but does better. have to sort it. good to put some faces to names. thanks for the bbq also.
Old 26-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #82
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
because you don't have a hail light and meter Lynton.. hahha

Oh you are so ^%$#&*$ funny, you too gammaboy!
Old 26-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #83
Gammaboy

Quote:
Oh you are so ^%$#&*$ funny, you too gammaboy!
You Love it. Remember, 4 weeks ago I was ready to sell my car, yesterday I wanted to set it on fire when I dropped a 3rd pushrod into the valley... you'll sort it out and be happy again....
Old 26-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #84
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The Vic videos have started to go up and can be found here - most of the cars that ran will be included and a couple include shots of that awesome big screen!

I've named them where I can identify them and will change any that need to be if the relevant owners PM me the correct details. Sorry they are about 2 Mb each or so but time doesn't permit to convert them to a more compressed format.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #85
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2

big thanks to the blokes who organised this, and even more so for the great prizes. i believe that's real metal on the trophies
Gold plated, thx to philbie and our Admin spending up big..
Quote:
are we pic ready or should that be another thread?
go for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Sorry for the delay people...have had the car on show all day.

Was a good day at Morpowa however disappointing turnout but those who did attend I'm sure had a good day.

Cheers

Brad
Thankyou Brad top job..
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
We look forward to seeing the full potential of a purpose built Boss engine in comparison to the well established LS1's that we have built in recent times.Our only battle will be the extra weight issue of the Fords.

OK I could be Kev's personal trainer... :evil_laug
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP151
I will be back for the next one if it is held again. Might even get to the next Heathcote if possible as well.

GTP151
Do it mate, late January..
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
Yeah this is the burning question, which Ford Forum members who were on the list are the Grand champions ??
waiting for an email from W.A.
NSW sent the email with no attachments
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit218
been busy at the v8s. many thanks to all at g&d. 450 rwkw ok but does better. have to sort it. good to put some faces to names. thanks for the bbq also.
your trohpy is at G&D pick it up any time…450 RWKW it packed a punch.....your a good chance for the national title in class 4..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #86
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry to hear the bad news Lynton, But you know the Edit will fix it. Having said that, I know you are always trying to get the best mileage out off your tank so maybe the computer has adjusted itself to run economical rather then powerful. Also did you reset your CPU before going to the dyno. If not that could off allowed the Gecko to get a bit more power out of it. You should try it regardless and see if there is any difference on the road.

By the way. I had my ute dyoned at CNJ last Friday so Chris could refine his mail order tune. My ute ran a 237rwkw. Pretty dam good considering Chris has never seen my car. The next tune from him should be better again. I can't wait until he gets up to QLD to our car's.......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #87
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

The WA Event was great, nice to see a few hot cars out there. John was pretty happy with his pursuit ute as you can tell! Were some fairly good numbers all day, and i guess the best was saved for last where a later entrant pulled out 470rwhp on a charged ls1 ute. Apparently down from his normal figures, but not too shabby in the least!
On a personal note, the SS didnt quite pull what i thought it would with the work its had done. The stock(ish) zorst killed any peak numbers, but it only ran a 194rwkw. IT chirps changing gears and is an auto so im happy none the less.

That Typhoon had some crazy power, and the ZC Fairlane was an animal!
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #88
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP151
I would like to say a big thanks to Mark (XRFPV8) and Russelw for the Victorian part of the day. And naturally to Glenn and Matt for hosting the day here in Victoria. The big screen was agreat thing so we could all see the result the car on the Dyno was achieving at the time.

In the side battle between clean and dirty, dirty up guys LOL. Russell I promise I will get to washing the beast next weekend, really.

On to what I saw as the real purpose of the day a get togeather with our Aus Ford Forum friends for a great social occasion centered around our pride and joys. Seriously a fun day with great people, it was just a shame I had to leave early. I will be back for the next one if it is held again. Might even get to the next Heathcote if possible as well.

GTP151
I'll wash it for but I will need it for a month
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:34 PM   #89
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Gold plated, thx to philbie and our Admin spending up big..
youre kidding..........gold plated????

cool......
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2005, 09:34 PM   #90
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
and the ZC Fairlane was an animal!
Naturally Aspirated? We want numbers!