Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #61
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV GT-F outpowers HSV GTS The Aussie horsepower king has been identified & we are surprised as any1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaness8 View Post
The GTS is on the money with its power 330rwkw, GTF's 348rwkw seems high.

Let's see if they run them down the 1/4 mile and get some real numbers.

We know the GTS can run mid to low 12's, GTF should do high 11's with that power.
just Ford underrating their cars power and torque figures
Old 10-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #62
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Default Re: FPV GT-F outpowers HSV GTS The Aussie horsepower king has been identified & we are surprised as any1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaness8 View Post
The GTS is on the money with its power 330rwkw, GTF's 348rwkw seems high.

Let's see if they run them down the 1/4 mile and get some real numbers.

We know the GTS can run mid to low 12's, GTF should do high 11's with that power.
High 11's with that power, no way! But would be close to it. Wait till some GTF's get run in and get some better tyres on the rear. Look at the F6. But in the end, on a track day, HSV GTS, according to whats on paper should beat the GTF.

But then again, who of us has the skill to take each car to its absolute limit?

So who has won?

Holden or Ford?

Australia
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #63
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Lol at the dyno owner saying it's consistent with past gt's and gts's... He doesn't mention they are also used by HSv to test their own vehicles.

I don't think any s/c gt on this forum has dynoed that low has it?

Even ford says that's the number they would expect from a heat soaked 335 or a heat soaked 351 that had fuel issues
thats right. A very quick look on utube of stock GTS dynos shows 330rwkws as about the max....most are below that and even as low as high 200s. And yes like you say.....just about every 335 GT has dynoed well above 300, 315-335rwkws most times!

And that tuner mentioned in the first wheels article Nikked linked, is a noob. He's a lieing homo if he's dynoed the GTF at 311 and thinks that's it.
Not to mention the farce about the HSZ not being strapped down properly! and they got busted! then passed it off as setup runs before they did the proper runs where they tied it down properly what a dousche!
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #64
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It may or may not be relevant what run it was. Maybe I should have expanded on that a bit more. If these tests are under the same conditions then logic dictates they should run both the same amount of times and that being 9.

If you're trying to prove consistency and/or highest peak for the GT-F then why would you not do the same for the GTS.

I'm just trying to take a more objective view rather than the usual argument that tends to play out.
Sorry if this gets sorted out and I'm double posting but I couldn't let this slip
If you read the articles you would have heard they ran the EXTRA runs....up to 9 in total because they couldn't believe the figures. They said they wanted to make sure. And unless heat soak was somehow a non existant force....then 9 runs would have HURT its power readings, not improved. Common
This user likes this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 01:50 AM   #65
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Ok so I've read the whole thread and there's sooo much confusion.

Ok so it started with wheels doing "separate" dynos with "their" tuner and only getting 311rwkws for the GTF. Ford queried these figures and requested they do a PROPER test, ON THE SAME DAY, SAME CARS, SAME GEARBOX, SAME TEMPS and an official engineer from Holden and ford to keep it tidy.
This was needed because wheels was busted when they posted a video showing the GTS run was not strapped down properly(giving higher readings)
They explained this by somehow stating it was a video of them doing setup runs, then they tied it down properly for the good runs REALLY. Does that compute to anyone who's ever dynoed their car before? (There are MANY utube stock hsv dynos, as low as 290ish up to 330 max)

So anyway in the end FORD were justified by getting exactly what they claimed they "had" and could achieve.
More POWER then the HSV too!

NOW DONT FORGET......
This is about HSV claiming to be the most "powerfull" Aussie car.(by slapping a big430 badge on it).

This ISNT a DRAG race or TRACK times.....it's "POWER" wars (rwkws NOT torque)
8 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #66
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Runner View Post
But in the end, on a track day, HSV GTS, according to whats on paper should beat the GTF.
Not again!!!...... What do you mean by at the end of the day? What if it's..."at the end of the day the FPV GTF is the most powerfull Aussie muscle car".

It depends on the topic of the day and what someone's preferences......99% of people have never seen a track day!FACT(I could be slightly out there)

This topic is the biggest of all bro. The most powerfull Aussie car. And wheels have been caught with there pants down again. But like someone else said above...I'm sure they'll change their tune next month with a big track day special
6 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #67
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
What a surprise that the vehicle fitted with 20 inch wheels, the heavy duty gearbox, driveshaft, half shafts and 9 1/2 inch diff...all stuff that won't break in five minutes under duress or won't overheat and doesn't require heaps of interference from the PCM and TCM to keep itself held together actually soaks up more driveline losses

How many medium duty FPV drivelines have been busted already...
I can only assume it's a bit late and you posted in the wrong thread, cause we were discussing the different outputs that people are measuring for the 5.0 based on whether they are a magazine publisher from yesteryear struggling for relevance in a digital age and in bed with Holden or not.

Not driveline breakages or wherever you were trying to take it.

Did you get booted off the Chrysler forums or something?
Old 10-07-2014, 05:21 AM   #68
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWI3b0...ature=youtu.be

This tuner reckons a boss 335 is good for about 250rwkw... Lol my old 5.4 was good for that. Definately a shaft!!
6 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #69
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
What a surprise that the vehicle fitted with 20 inch wheels, the heavy duty gearbox, driveshaft, half shafts and 9 1/2 inch diff...all stuff that won't break in five minutes under duress or won't overheat and doesn't require heaps of interference from the PCM and TCM to keep itself held together actually soaks up more driveline losses

Quick call FPV and tell them not to release anymore GTF's to dealers, as by your word these medium duty cars are no good!!!

They are only medium duty if you start playing with them.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #70
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure if HSV/GMH quote engine power figures without accessories? I think Ford Aus and Ford NA both quote engine power figures without accessories.[/QUOTE]

Ford quote their power figures complete with all accessories. Holdem/HIV quote less hence numbers don't stack. It's for all the queens who want the biggest techno number but never actually use it.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
Old 10-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #71
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Surprise, surprise Rodge, still playing that same record.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
6 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #72
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Couldn't help but notice during the "Wheels" video they kept cutting away to images of the HSV logo, LSA badge, GTS badge....etc during the GTS's run & after.

The GT-F on the other hand had no such luxury.
They could've at least shown a 351 badge!
Wheels once again have shown their agenda, won't be long until they start flogging on over HSV badged Malibus & other various GM crap.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 10-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #73
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Ford, wonder how many GTS owner's are feeling physically sick paying all that money for "Australia's most powerful car"
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #74
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't think any GTS owners should be feeling sick because they no doubt love their car and it's still a bloody good car.

Same as GT-F owners shouldn't feel sick when the cheaper XR8 variant comes out.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #75
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being touted at 430 and in reality being mid 300's I'd be sick!
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Triumph Street Triple RX
Old 10-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #76
jasen
Starter Motor

Found this over at PF.
http://www.performanceforums.com/for...TS-versus-GT-F
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #77
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHawk View Post
Being touted at 430 and in reality being mid 300's I'd be sick!
I wouldn't be mate, the fuel consumption would probably make me feel sick though
20% driveline losses have been the norm since Adam was a boy, (430 x 0.8 = 344 rwkw's). You start putting in hardware that'll prove to be durable handling that power such as a huge diff with its own cooler, you're going to go north from there in terms of percentage driveline losses so its a good and credible result for the GTS as there is sooo much more to a car than peak power on a dyno.

19 inch wheels compared to 20 inch wheels can be quite a lot of extra kw's for the 19 inch equipped vehicle all of its own, ditto a manual vs an auto but these two well known facts are convienently overlooked by most on here as well as the fact that the over-boost is transitional and while it makes for a good dyno queen, maybe isn't always so helpful in typical hot Australian conditions.

Last edited by Rodge; 10-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #78
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

There is so much more to a car for sure like looks. I saw two 300cs the other day and it had me dry retching :-)
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #79
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't get why anyone discussing a V8 would even mention fuel consumption.

If that's such a huge factor for you that would make you feel sick go get a prius.

Out of curiosity why do you continue to hang here? You clearly have a beef against Ford, so why not go hang out at a forum that has something you're passionate about?
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #80
Rodge
Banned

You sure it wasn't the plastic wood on your dash trev
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #81
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
I don't get why anyone discussing a V8 would even mention fuel consumption.

If that's such a huge factor for you that would make you feel sick go get a prius.

Out of curiosity why do you continue to hang here? You clearly have a beef against Ford, so why not go hang out at a forum that has something you're passionate about?
Historical attachement, see post count, and the hope something better and more realistically priced will emerge at some stage soon, (Mustang or XR8).
Fuel burn of some V8's is off the charts, and others, more paletable.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #82
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I read elsewhere GTS run 330 and GT-F 311. I would love to own either or both :-)

Last edited by SumoDog68; 10-07-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #83
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
There is so much more to a car for sure like looks. I saw two 300cs the other day and it had me dry retching :-)
Love my fake wood Rodge. :-)
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #84
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I wouldn't be mate, the fuel consumption would probably make me feel sick though
20% driveline losses have been the norm since Adam was a boy, (430 x 0.8 = 344 rwkw's). You start putting in hardware that'll prove to be durable handling that power such as a huge diff with its own cooler, you're going to go north from there in terms of percentage driveline losses so its a good and credible result for the GTS as there is sooo much more to a car than peak power on a dyno.

19 inch wheels compared to 20 inch wheels can be quite a lot of extra kw's for the 19 inch equipped vehicle all of its own, ditto a manual vs an auto but these two well known facts are convienently overlooked by most on here as well as the fact that the over-boost is transitional and while it makes for a good dyno queen, maybe isn't always so helpful in typical hot Australian conditions.
Lol are we clutching at straws now?
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #85
Rodge
Banned

Just objective facts. Talk to tuners about the difference between rwkw outputs with 19 and 20 inch wheels and manual and auto gearbox's and ask owners of GT's in Darwin how much use the transitional boost is. More to the point, FFS line these cars up on the track already and lets see how they compare in the real world.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #86
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Love my fake wood Rodge. :-)
I love my fake Bentley to Trev
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Triumph Street Triple RX

Last edited by PHawk; 29-01-2015 at 11:06 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #87
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen the drag race this morning, GTS chopped it, they used a manual GT-F against an auto GTS lol
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Old 10-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #88
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It may or may not be relevant what run it was. Maybe I should have expanded on that a bit more. If these tests are under the same conditions then logic dictates they should run both the same amount of times and that being 9.

If you're trying to prove consistency and/or highest peak for the GT-F then why would you not do the same for the GTS.

I'm just trying to take a more objective view rather than the usual argument that tends to play out.
Yes indeed, or to heat soak the **** out of the GT.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #89
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6 View Post
Seen the drag race this morning, GTS chopped it, they used a manual GT-F against an auto GTS lol
I don't even care about this crap anymore, this is the last time we will ever see these two go head to head. The GTS is the better car, no doubt about it, but its $22,000 dearer than the GTF so it should be. Compare the price of the GTF to the clubsport equivalent and the GTF would destroy it. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter, so long as the owners enjoy there cars.

Wheels and Dowling should be very pleased with themselves that they helped single handedly destroy the the ford and holden brand in Australia.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #90
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Imagine if the GT-F was intercooled!
Closed Thread