Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #301
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: More power for Australia's fastest car

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Time to close this thread.
Aw.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #302
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
This thread is dumb.
Hi Dan, it's not the thread that's dumb, it's just the way it has spiralled into an English lesson.

In the vernacular, fastest and quickest have essentially the same meaning. Splitting hairs really.

Both GT-F and GTS are great cars, as this is a Ford forum of course we're going to be a bit more passionate towards the GT-F but we should realise the GTS has a depth of engineering that we would have loved to have seen in an FPV.
Old 14-07-2015, 05:08 AM   #303
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Hi Dan, it's not the thread that's dumb, it's just the way it has spiralled into an English lesson.

In the vernacular, fastest and quickest have essentially the same meaning. Splitting hairs really.

Both GT-F and GTS are great cars, as this is a Ford forum of course we're going to be a bit more passionate towards the GT-F but we should realise the GTS has a depth of engineering that we would have loved to have seen in an FPV.
I'd looove too see who your referring too that shows passion towards the GTF around here? Seriously I would. 3 of us....4 maybe 5. All it ever is is guys bagging the ford and as soon as someone sticks up for it....bam all the Holden fanboys rush in. This thread is full of closet Holden fans who don't respect the GTF as Australia's most powerful car for eg. I've said many times that the GTS is a great car....just not anything I'd ever want.
The actual difference between quickest and fastest was bought up between me and another guy just laughing that hey, yeah, actually by the hard cold facts....the Fastest car isn't the GTS. It's the 297kph GTF. No one was preaching it as fact......until the ussual childish Holden fanboys started throwing accusations.(go back and look)
The last few pages of this thread reflects a few things.....how poor our education system is.......how many Holden fans run riot on the Australian ford forums where diehard ford fans can't even enjoy themselves without being abused by children........and how easily it is for Aus media to brainwash People at a basic level.

So is this the "longest" thread.....or
is the the most "interminable" thread?
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #304
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
The last few pages of this thread reflects a few things.....how poor our education system is.......
Education or maybe a better way to put it is, academic skills and achievements do not necessarily make you any more intelligent than someone who has not progressed through higher education.

The only thing all the pages of this thread and the many others like it reflects, is that some people have open minds and some don’t.
Old 14-07-2015, 05:50 AM   #305
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
I'd looove too see who your referring too that shows passion towards the GTF around here? Seriously I would. 3 of us....4 maybe 5. All it ever is is guys bagging the ford and as soon as someone sticks up for it....bam all the Holden fanboys rush in. This thread is full of closet Holden fans who don't respect the GTF as Australia's most powerful car for eg. I've said many times that the GTS is a great car....just not anything I'd ever want.
The actual difference between quickest and fastest was bought up between me and another guy just laughing that hey, yeah, actually by the hard cold facts....the Fastest car isn't the GTS. It's the 297kph GTF. No one was preaching it as fact......until the ussual childish Holden fanboys started throwing accusations.(go back and look)
The last few pages of this thread reflects a few things.....how poor our education system is.......how many Holden fans run riot on the Australian ford forums where diehard ford fans can't even enjoy themselves without being abused by children........and how easily it is for Aus media to brainwash People at a basic level.

because theirs the truth and then there's a "truth"..
Old 14-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #306
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

For starters this thread / article is about "more power for Australia's fastest car". As in "fastest" acceleration time which it refers to in the article, not TOP SPEED .

As for people bagging the GTF, I dont think anyone has bagged the GTF just stated the hard cold facts....the GTS is the "fastest" accelerating car, just like the article points out.

Do yourself a favour, next time you see a thread about HSV just ignore it. You come in here and try to discredit HSV, holden etc in any way possible, then get upset when people correct you or disagree with you.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #307
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

True cause the thread definetly isn't referring to an FPV. Because there aren't no more of those

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
Old 14-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #308
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

No one has bagged the GTF, its a great car, its just not quite as polished as the GTS and that was always going to be the case because FPV were working with a shoe string budget moments before closure and HSV are still developing the GTS.

Do you honestly believe that every member of Ford Forums is supposed to be one eyed like you?
Can people not share their opinion without fear of conflicting with yours.

Weve heard your opinion, you prefer the GTF, we dont need to hear it page after page, its pathetic. If you dont rate the GTS, say what you feel and move on.

Last edited by GasoLane; 14-07-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Not needed
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #309
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
No one has bagged the GTF, its a great car, its just not quite as polished as the GTS and that was always going to be the case because FPV were working with a shoe string budget moments before closure and HSV are still developing the GTS.

Do you honestly believe that every member of Ford Forums is supposed to be one eyed like you?
Can people not share their opinion without fear of conflicting with yours.

Weve heard your opinion, you prefer the GTF, we dont need to hear it page after page, its pathetic. If you dont rate the GTS, say what you feel and move on.
BENT_8,

There is really no need to Insult other members on this forum. NOT cool. From time to time most of us are not going to see eye to eye on many topics and debates, but it doesn't not give someone the right to call them out.

As frustrating as you may feel, its best to lead by example.

Last edited by GasoLane; 14-07-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Edited quote
This user likes this post:
Old 14-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #310
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Cut out the slanging matches and keep on topic please.
Old 14-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #311
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Cut out the slanging matches and keep on topic please.
The topic is long over. Best to lock thread.
Old 14-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #312
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BENT_8,

There is really no need to Insult other members on this forum. NOT cool. From time to time most of us are not going to see eye to eye on many topics and debates, but it doesn't not give someone the right to call them out.

As frustrating as you may feel, its best to lead by example.
Look at your posts #261 and #262...insults. Then you liked post #303 where another member calls people childish
Old 14-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #313
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Look at your posts #261 and #262...insults. Then you liked post #303 where another member calls people childish
Your got to be kidding Right?

Best get back on the topic.
Old 14-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #314
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your got to be kidding Right?

Best get back on the topic.
Yes calling people ignorant and dummies is insulting / disrespectful, no need for it.
Old 14-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #315
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Yes calling people ignorant and dummies is insulting / disrespectful, no need for it.
Sorry, Your on your own on this one.
Old 14-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #316
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

As is the way with a lot of threads, this one has gone from Fastest car to Fastest inane argument.

Closed.
Closed Thread