Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default speeding fines and parking fines!

www.aussiespeedingfines.com
Check out this site it has a lot of use full information, on how to beat fines, speeding as well as parking. I know that I am never going to pay another fine, basically to get a fine, you must have committed a crime, and for a crime there must be a victim, NO VICTOM, NO CRIME!!!!!, so doing 100 in a 60 zone is not a crime, UNLESS you hit someone or something, then there is a victim, hence a crime has been committed and you can be charged, Ever been to court and heard the statement "what was he "ALLEGED" speed, It must be proven that a person was speeding, now we all know that speed cameras and radars are not accurate, in the operators manual, and the Vic police guide lines it state that the operator MUST do a visual check to see if you are speeding, then take a 3 second reading to allow the radar to calculate the correct speed at which you are travelling, this goes for ALL speed cameras fixed or hand held.
And before ANY ONE has a go at me, common sense must play a part in every day driving, school kids around SLOW DOWN. Basically NO VICTIM, NO CRIME.
How many of us have done 80 or 90 in a 60 zone late at night? without killing someone, NO VICTIM, but if you get court!

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Naivicus Personicus.LOL Don't get COURT..
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

If it is written on the internet it must be true!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
Nashy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Basically NO VICTIM, NO CRIME.
How many of us have done 80 or 90 in a 60 zone late at night? without killing someone, NO VICTIM, but if you get court!
If i'm hearing you correctly, you're saying its only illegal to speed through the 60 zone at 100 if you hit a someone, if you get through without hitting someone then its ok????
I'd like to see you try that one in court, "sorry judge, i didn't think there was anyone there to hit so I floored it" : :togo:
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

They want you to buy their $40 e-book, they will say anything.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

A traffic offence is not a crime in the first place, it is a traffic infringment. it becomes a crime if culpable driving or drink driving are involved. they are criminal acts. Just because it is not a crime does not mean you get away without paying a fine.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drink driving is a crime.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
shane3
FPV GT 0915

This is taken from the Vic Roads own web site.
The aim of this Guide is to help you to understand the Road Rules—Victoria (“the Road
Rules”) and the way they apply to different kinds of roads, vehicles and road users.

The guide also gives information on the structure of the Road Rules.
As a matter of law, the Guide is not part of the Road Rules.

The following document entitled “Road Rules—Victoria” is published by the Roads
Corporation (“VicRoads”) to enable the contents to be adopted as law in Victoria.

The way that I read it these are not laws YET!

Here's a stupid Vic roads rule,

Television receivers and visual display units in motor vehicles
(1) A driver must not drive a motor vehicle that has a television receiver or visual
display unit in or on the vehicle operating while the vehicle is moving, or is
stationary but not parked, if any part of the image on the screen—
(a) is visible to the driver from the normal driving position; or
(b) is likely to distract another driver.
Penalty: 2 penalty units.

Would a center console unit with a clock or radio station displayed, be in breach of the "law"?
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 09-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyEB1
If i'm hearing you correctly, you're saying its only illegal to speed through the 60 zone at 100 if you hit a someone, if you get through without hitting someone then its ok????
I'd like to see you try that one in court, "sorry judge, i didn't think there was anyone there to hit so I floored it" : :togo:
I'm talking about your 2 lane either direction road that zoned as 60, Use you brain, and put it into the right contents.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:

(1) A driver must not drive a motor vehicle that has a television receiver or visual

Would a center console unit with a clock or radio station displayed, be in breach of the "law"?
Explain to me how and why that is stupid? It says to me that you aren't allowed to watch TV or a DVD whilst driving. Sounds fair enough to me.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds a bit suss to me. :
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

It may have some valid points, but reading some of the garbage that has been posted, I have my doubts about the quality of that site and the information being provided.

Ive been around for awhile, and my thoughts are its a scam for this guy to make some quick $$$

Ill just stick to the speed limits and cop it sweet if and when I am caught.

Its been over 7 years now since I received a ticket.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #13
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Explain to me how and why that is stupid? It says to me that you aren't allowed to watch TV or a DVD whilst driving. Sounds fair enough to me.
its not stupid at all, pretty much like driving and talking on your mobile even worse really, although my factory fitted screen can still distract me because of the distance the screen can tilt and rolling my chair back a bit i can still see the screen, i don't it though as i have more common sense then that which i'm trying to hold on too as common sense these days is an endangered species.

Quote:
It may have some valid points, but reading some of the garbage that has been posted, I have my doubts about the quality of that site and the information being provided.

Ive been around for awhile, and my thoughts are its a scam for this guy to make some quick $$$

Ill just stick to the speed limits and cop it sweet if and when I am caught.

Its been over 7 years now since I received a ticket.
nice work, i myself have held my licence for 7 years and have never recieved a ticket as well. I currently only have the xr to drive and can only do that when i can pry the missus from the drivers seat which aint very often
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
If it is written on the internet it must be true!

LOL with RED.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

The most ill ever do over the limit is 10, why risk doing 30 over not knowing whether youll kill someone or not just because you might be able to avoid paying a fine later? Thats so stupid.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:00 AM   #16
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
The most ill ever do over the limit is 10, why risk doing 30 over not knowing whether youll kill someone or not just because you might be able to avoid paying a fine later? Thats so stupid.
Sorry to say, but why even risk goign over 10? it could be that 10 k's over that kills that person, whether going 10k's over or 30 or even 50 for that matter, yes going faster will do more damage, but its still creating that " Risk" factor
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #17
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
Sorry to say, but why even risk goign over 10? it could be that 10 k's over that kills that person, whether going 10k's over or 30 or even 50 for that matter, yes going faster will do more damage, but its still creating that " Risk" factor
No ****. When did I say everytime i drive im doing 10 or over? I said the most I WILL ever do over is 10km, and not for the point of being able to avoid paying for a fine. Say for an emergency or something similar. Learn to read.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #18
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
This is taken from the Vic Roads own web site.
The aim of this Guide is to help you to understand the Road Rules—Victoria (“the Road
Rules”) and the way they apply to different kinds of roads, vehicles and road users.

The guide also gives information on the structure of the Road Rules.
As a matter of law, the Guide is not part of the Road Rules.

The following document entitled “Road Rules—Victoria” is published by the Roads
Corporation (“VicRoads”) to enable the contents to be adopted as law in Victoria.

The way that I read it these are not laws YET!

Here is the rest of the rule, you forgot to mention.

(2) This rule does not apply to the driver if—
(a) the driver is driving a bus and the visual display unit is, or displays, a
destination sign or other bus sign; or
(b) the visual display unit is, or is part of, a driver’s aid; or
(c) the Corporation has, by notice in writing, exempted the driver from
subrule (1).
Examples of driver’s aids
1. Closed-circuit television security cameras.
2. Dispatch systems.
3. Navigational or intelligent highway and vehicle system equipment.
4. Rearview screens.
5. Ticket-issuing machines.
6. Vehicle monitoring devices.

I would think that the radio and clock is a driver's aid.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #19
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh my, someone PLEASE test this out for me and tell me what the magistrate's face looks like when he hears this as a defence
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #20
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even if this was true then there is nothing to stop them from suspending your license or cancelling your registration for non payment of a fine. Keep it going and then you might get a community servie order. Fail to appear for that and it becomes a criminal offense and then there is gaol.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #21
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I downloaded the e-book but all it contained was:

* How to double clutch!
* How to reprogram your ECU!
* Budget hp gain!
* Expensive hp gain!
* etc etc
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #22
XR8Master

Quote:
Not true at all, doing 10k's over the speed limit dosent make any difference, I was doing 10k's under the speed limit and killed someone, you dont have to be going very fast to kill someone, 50k's can do it
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I downloaded the e-book but all it contained was:

* How to double clutch!
* How to reprogram your ECU!
* Budget hp gain!
* Expensive hp gain!
* etc etc
lol, just another scam.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #24
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So you are saying if you do the speed limit nothing bad will ever happen> yes I know that isn’t what you are implying but it sounds like it.

A speed limit is nothing it is some random figure Government studies have shown to be “Acceptable travelling speed” on said section of road. We are feed propaganda that if we nudge 2km/h over this limit something bad will always happen.

The fact is you could be doing 70 in a 60 zone and this could save your life and it could also end you life same as doing 60 in a 60 zone, could end or save your life.

What is it 5km/h over the limit doubles your chases of being in a serous crash> well what were the chances of being in a serous crash to begin with, you can’t double a unknown number.

Fact is when you are out driving you need to be alert to what is going on around you, drive to your ability and to road conditions; this is what will keep you and others alive not some mystical sign with a number printed on it.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #25
Citizen
My other car is a car

I hate this eBook crap, a complete waste of money and most of them are just bullshit anyway. I remember finding a site which made available for download several hundred eBooks that have cropped up on eBay, but I can't find the URL, will try and have a look now.

EDIT: Check it out, http://www.floodle.net/. Massive repository of eBooks from eBay.

EA Fairmont Ghia 5sp Manual

Dual Fuel
Extractors & 2.5" Cat-back exhaust
Herrod stage 2 cam
XH snorkel, K&N panel filter

Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #26
XR8Master

I think cars ability plays a big role in saftey, I mean if I had the choice I would rather be doing 140km/h in a GTP then doing 100km in grandmas datson, I also know which car would stop first

It's all comes down to driver ability and car ability
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #27
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Master
It's all comes down to driver ability and car ability
And sadly there are the people who think there car or them are way above there actual ability.

Many people put thousands of dollars into making there car go 160km/s but how many of them spend the thousands on the gear that will stop them? Not many.
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347

This stipulates that the driver is not allowed to see the display screen, now my question is, IS a LCD display on a car console classed as a visual display or not? , If so this would mean that ANY display unit in any car would have to be blocked from the drivers view, and if they could see the display screen the driver is not allowed to operate the vehicle!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
shane3
FPV GT 0915

God by the sounds of some of the people here you must live in cotton wool wrapped in bubble wrap" I'm never going 10 KM over" what can i say, and to G.J. Tuddy with all respect, I am one of the few that has spent thousands on making my car stop, $7100.00 on a brake up grade on my GT.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #30
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:

This stipulates that the driver is not allowed to see the display screen, now my question is, IS a LCD display on a car console classed as a visual display or not? , If so this would mean that ANY display unit in any car would have to be blocked from the drivers view, and if they could see the display screen the driver is not allowed to operate the vehicle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
Here is the rest of the rule, you forgot to mention.

(2) This rule does not apply to the driver if—
(a) the driver is driving a bus and the visual display unit is, or displays, a
destination sign or other bus sign; or
(b) the visual display unit is, or is part of, a driver’s aid; or
(c) the Corporation has, by notice in writing, exempted the driver from
subrule (1).
Examples of driver’s aids
1. Closed-circuit television security cameras.
2. Dispatch systems.
3. Navigational or intelligent highway and vehicle system equipment.
4. Rearview screens.
5. Ticket-issuing machines.
6. Vehicle monitoring devices.

I would think that the radio and clock is a driver's aid.
This was posted not too many posts ago. Also explain to me how you can compare a LCD display (clock or radio for example) with a television receiver? Two very different display units.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post