Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
Haemophiliac

Default Miltek Manifold fitted!!!

Well its done! Story was that because the stock manifold was shorter the wiring for the O2 sensors wasnt long enough. But that's fixed now auto electrician and a $150 later :

But let me just say that the car sounds great! wouldnt really call it raspy but it does sound very racey. Pick up and torque seems a little better, revs more freely as to be expected.

They had to bugger around a bit, a brace under the car was too close to the pipes and it was causing a horrible vibration as it touched under the torque of acceleration. They ended up just moving one of the resonators and further down the system and replacing it with a straight pipe. Worked a treat.

Only proplem was that with the O2 sensors being disconnected its done something to the engine management system, so now even tho everything is up and running properly its out of wack and the warning light is permently on, even tho there is nothing wrong.

guy who did it suggested that I need to take it to ford and get it all reset and restarted, which is another $85. Perhaps there is someone knowledgable out there who can help me get around this, costing a little more than i had expected as I think I may be the first to get the miltek's installed.... first i have heard of anyway.

K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Apparently there is a spacer thats needed to create a bigger gap between the sensor and the exhaust gases. This apparently fixes the problem.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
Haemophiliac

never mind, seems that when i drove it tonight the light has gone off, looks like it just took the computer a while to recalibrate itself and adjust after having the O2 sensors unplugged.
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

kool.....should see how she goes on the petrol.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Haemophiliac

another observation is that once it gets revving its helped to get rid of the flat spot you get around 4-4.5k revs.

I'm liking it, its nice a quiet if your just cruising, but as soon as you boot it ... poor neighbours every time i leave lol
Old 15-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemophiliac
another observation is that once it gets revving its helped to get rid of the flat spot you get around 4-4.5k revs.

I'm liking it, its nice a quiet if your just cruising, but as soon as you boot it ... poor neighbours every time i leave lol
hehe - yeah I had one car in particular that could wake the dead from a mile off

where are you located? Love to hear the car... looking at an exhaust upgrade to something free flowing but not noisy.
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
Haemophiliac

brisbane. on the northside
Old 16-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Another Qld'r sweet! What suburb, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
BTW I'm in Hamilton

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
Haemophiliac

ferny hills, work around brendale