Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: do you have insurance
NO I cant afford it 82 7.63%
NO insurance wont touch me the driver 22 2.05%
NO insurance dont like my car too many mods etc 35 3.26%
NO i'd rather spend that money at the pub i'm too tight 37 3.44%
YES Id' never drive without some form of insurance 899 83.63%
Voters: 1075. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #451
Ridin-Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
forgetting hitting other cars for a minute, imagine hitting a person or someone on a bike at fault. say you kill em and you have no insurance... i really dont wanna be in your shoes

That "say you kill em and you have no insurance... i really dont wanna be in your shoes" Made me Laugh HARD

Not even comprehensive insurance will bring someone back if u kill them

Old 17-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #452
Ridin-Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
I have my car Comp insured with every mod disclosed and it's only costing me $625/year.
I'd never drivve an uninsured car, if you have a bad accident it can financially ruin you.

I wish insurance was that cheap for me

My shoot around car is a 2000 Toyota Camry ( 2L 4 cyclinder ) im 19 on red license and still costs me $1100 P/A

I feel like i've been riped off with this excess bs tho.... ( yes i do understand if i crash into an exotic import that i'd only havfta pay 900 bucks ) i backed into some random and i the total damages cost $1250 i payed 900 from my pocket the insurance company payed the rest $350.... just makes me wanna go write off my car and smash up my bosses E55 Merc... because the insurance company will prolly want me to pay more next yr cuz i've been in an accident they will get that 350 back... mofo's

Old 18-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #453
grease_mon_key8
Starter Motor

yeah defianatley need to have insurance even if its only 3rd party i know at least 3-4 mates that r in det of over 5g because they didnt have insurance and have been in an accident
cheers ash
Old 18-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #454
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin-Dirty
I wish insurance was that cheap for me

My shoot around car is a 2000 Toyota Camry ( 2L 4 cyclinder ) im 19 on red license and still costs me $1100 P/A

I feel like i've been riped off with this excess bs tho.... ( yes i do understand if i crash into an exotic import that i'd only havfta pay 900 bucks ) i backed into some random and i the total damages cost $1250 i payed 900 from my pocket the insurance company payed the rest $350.... just makes me wanna go write off my car and smash up my bosses E55 Merc... because the insurance company will prolly want me to pay more next yr cuz i've been in an accident they will get that 350 back... mofo's
If you paid the $9oo why not fork out the extra $35o and not have it against your name at all, i had an accident a while back and paid for it out of my own pocket knowing that im young and drive a v8 so it'll kill me in the years to come.

I've just tunrned 21 and drive a blown Ba xr8 and it's fully insured with all mods covered for $28oo a year. It's not bad considering my age and the type of car let alone the mods it's got, not to mention 1 at fault next to my name that i addmitted to aswell.
Old 18-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #455
xr8gn3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I've just tunrned 21 and drive a blown Ba xr8 and it's fully insured with all mods covered for $28oo a year. It's not bad considering my age and the type of car let alone the mods it's got, not to mention 1 at fault next to my name that i addmitted to aswell.

Well I hope you run it at WSID........and aim high when you do and take out the BOSS record... :king:

Old 18-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #456
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gn3
Well I hope you run it at WSID........and aim high when you do and take out the BOSS record... :king:
The car has the potential/power to take out the Boss reccord but with the stock IRS and being a manual it'll never happen. Throw the combo in a ute with a 35oorpm stallie and it's haul serious ***. It's something i have learnt to accept now, a quick daily driver not a quarter mile machine.
Old 19-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #457
xr8gn3

Quote:
The car has the potential/power to take out the Boss reccord but with the stock IRS and being a manual it'll never happen. Throw the combo in a ute with a 35oorpm stallie and it's haul serious ***. It's something i have learnt to accept now, a quick daily driver not a quarter mile machine.

Maybe......does this I mean I'll beat you at the strip:P

Thats something to brag about blowin off a supercharged XR8...:

Old 19-04-2006, 12:19 AM   #458
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Maybe......does this I mean I'll beat you at the strip:P

Thats something to brag about blowin off a supercharged XR8...:
It ran 13.1@113 2.3* 6oft with huge traction issue's on dunlop's. Oh did i forget to metion that it was run on it's baby tune lol.

It might not run times to show it's power on the strip but out on the road is where it shows. I did hear 2 weeks ago there was cammed and blown GT out there that only ran 13.3@11o. SOmething doesn't add up there.........
Old 19-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #459
xr8gn3

Quote:
It ran 13.1@113 2.3* 6oft with huge traction issue's on dunlop's. Oh did i forget to metion that it was run on it's baby tune lol.

It might not run times to show it's power on the strip but out on the road is where it shows. I did hear 2 weeks ago there was cammed and blown GT out there that only ran 13.3@11o. SOmething doesn't add up there.........
I can tell with the 113mph and 2.3 60ft definitely had some troubles gettin off the line.....

That really is pathetic isn it a blown/cam GT runnin 13.3 thats a joke.

Old 19-04-2006, 12:55 AM   #460
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I can tell with the 113mph and 2.3 60ft definitely had some troubles gettin off the line.....

That really is pathetic isn it a blown/cam GT runnin 13.3 thats a joke.
Yea just alittle trouble. Should run a 12 easy with the big tune in it or some decent rubber under it.
Old 25-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #461
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Unhappy Who drives without insurance?

Who can afford to drive without insurance? :eclipsee_
Old 07-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #462
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
Who can afford to drive without insurance? :eclipsee_
That's the whole point, the risk of not being covered is so high, that if you can not afford insurance (3rd property at least) You should should not be on the road.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #463
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

insurance is part of my lon agreement plus i never have drivin without insurance
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 08-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #464
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

You should always at least have 3rd party insurence, if your not going to care about your ride at least think about the other road users.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #465
NAPARM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went the last 14 months or so without insurance (about 1 month when i had my supercharged AU and about 13 months when i had my XD 351) didn't have any dramas at all. I now have my new car (EB XR6) comp. insured but.
If someone chooses to drive without insurance that's their choice, some people in this world are risk takers whereas others are not.
I love it how people say "what if you hit a porsche or ferrari" - i have never passed one of these vehicles while driving ever.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #466
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPARM
I went the last 14 months or so without insurance (about 1 month when i had my supercharged AU and about 13 months when i had my XD 351) didn't have any dramas at all. I now have my new car (EB XR6) comp. insured but.
If someone chooses to drive without insurance that's their choice, some people in this world are risk takers whereas others are not.
I love it how people say "what if you hit a porsche or ferrari" - i have never passed one of these vehicles while driving ever.

Forget the porche or ferrari, what about a common car like a Falcon or Commodore...........Its not teribbly difficult to do $10,000 to one of them.
It's not a matter of being a risk taker, it a matter of being nothing but childish and selfish not to have at least 3rd party propety damage.
And if you have a car that you can't insure for 3rd party insurance you have not looked hard enough to find some company to cover it. If Price is the issue for 3rd party property then you can't afford the car and need to sell it to someone that can so you can buy a car that IS within your means.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #467
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I drive with no insurance I drive BA XR6s, 380s, SV6s, Calais', etc... :P

The water authority I work for finds it cheaper not to insure all the company cars, because even if an accident was to occur, it would still cost less than insuring all those cars each year (be it 3rd party or full comp)

We've only had one car trashed so far, a BA ute
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #468
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Which is exactly what happened to me in my first ef xr6. A lady in a barina hit me and the panel damage wasnt that bad but the air bag, sensors, steering wheel, seat belts xr6 headlights were a killer, all up over $10,000., presto write off.That,s a 95 model, what if it was a 2000 model, or later.Get insurance.I did not wake up that day and say i think i am going to have an accident, these things just happen, that is why it,s called, accidents. I am glad it wasn,t my fault, and that woman,s insurance is still paying for my physio too. :
Old 10-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #469
GunmetalXR
Starter Motor

Not worth the risk when you have a valuable car
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #470
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not ever. If you can't afford insurance you can't afford to drive. Tough but true. A friend of the family caused an accident which wrote off a BMW. They had to declare bankruptcy and lost everything...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #471
XEESP_351

i had to insure my xr8 under missus name or else id be paying ****loads due to not that great history although isnt bad compared to some....she has imaculate history was about $6oo differance
Old 15-07-2006, 12:27 AM   #472
COTTIES 69wgn
R.I.P Peter Brock

im guilty i havn't got it i at tafe at the moment though and not earning enough. i only take her out on cruises or weekends never park it any were were i cant see it uno... its no excuse i know, but i just cant afford it. it's all ways in the garage to....
Old 15-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #473
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTTIES 69wgn
im guilty i havn't got it i at tafe at the moment though and not earning enough. i only take her out on cruises or weekends never park it any were were i cant see it uno... its no excuse i know, but i just cant afford it. it's all ways in the garage to....
more so insurance against if you run into a new car costing tens of thousands of dollars, theft or vandal damage may cost you say $10000, but if you hit a new BMW or similar, you could be up for $40000?
what if you caused a massive pile up? or ran into a house or shop?
Old 15-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #474
COTTIES 69wgn
R.I.P Peter Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
more so insurance against if you run into a new car costing tens of thousands of dollars, theft or vandal damage may cost you say $10000, but if you hit a new BMW or similar, you could be up for $40000?
what if you caused a massive pile up? or ran into a house or shop?
I understand copletly mate i dont like it at all there fore been the reason y i dont often drive it. The only thing i can do wilst drivin her is by doin 10km under the speed limit wich is what i do all the time, when i drive the wagon im like a granny... i will be getting insurance its just so damned expensive especially as a student with buger all $$$...
Old 18-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #475
LTDHO
The one and only

Cotties, I don't think you have read this thread in it's entirety. There is more to it then you driving slower. It takes one small incident for it to cost you 10’s of thousands.
If a dog runs out and you swerve and hit a FPV/HSV then you will have to pay to fix it.
You take your eyes of the road for a second (change CD, light smoke) and skid into the back of a BMW/Mercedes/Porsche. You have to pay for that damages.
Mate it happens a lot and it sends a lot of people broke for a long time.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #476
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

My general thoughts on insurance... if you cant afford at least 3rd party, you shouldnt be driving.

One thing for sure, if some uninsured driver even scratched my Focus, I'll be taking them all the way. I'm not going to pay for their damage to my car because they couldnt afford insurance.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 18-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #477
FLYXR6
Silvester

i'm horrified and a little annoyed about the amount of people that DO drive around with out insurance!!!!! Would you put your car on the table in a craps game? NO you say? well why do you drive with out insurance? Cause that is exactly what you are doing.. you hit some ones car and can't pay they will repo your car, and anything else you own worth anything.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
Old 19-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #478
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Why?

If someone doesn't wish to have insurance that's there choice.

If you are that concerned, then the responsibility is on yourself to insure your own goods.

I have a very good friend in QLD who insures nothing. I've also had many discussions with him about running into expensive vehicles, etc. His answer is simple and always the same, if it's his fault he'll pay, however he'll be damned if he'll pay for insurance which he may never use.

Rick.
I hope your friend has protected all of his assets in someone else's name
There are plenty of vehicles on the roads these days that top out at $70 - 100k., and to be at fault and uninsured when bingling with one of those will bring you a world of legal hurt. Last time I looked ( about a week ago ;-), I pay almost $20K a year on house, business, business interruption, health and disability etc etc.

Steve
Old 20-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #479
Melzy
I like shiny things...

I had to put full comprehensive insurance on my ute before the bank would give me the loan to buy it. The premium (& excess) is extremely steep but I expected that being under 25 and all. Regardless, I would not drive it on the same road as another Canberran if it was not fully insured. I'm nervous enough leaving it in the shop's car park unattended!

On the other hand, I only have 3rd party (+ insurance for other car damage) on my Daihatsu. Comprehensive insurance premium + the excess was over half the price of the car! As long as I'm not liable for the other people involved, I'm satisfied with that.
Old 20-07-2006, 01:36 AM   #480
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I've got a mate that drives is 03 STI without insurance :