Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Adsy01

Cool Adsy's WP Zetec

Well I’ve been on here for two years, come next month, so I’d thought it was about time i made a thread on my little Fez.

I bought it as a bog stock Colorado Red '04 WP Zetec in November 2006 with 26k on the clock at a bargain price.
It came with roof racks (with the bike attachment) and a rear cargo mat (the one with the ford logo on it).
Now it looks something like this.... (Yes, I need to take some better pics)

Spec list as per my sig

Elbach Lowered & up-rated Coils
Rear anti-sway bar (KE Laser) CLICK HERE for info on the rear sway bar.
Rear disc brake conversion (MK1 Focus)
16" MP3 Rims

Tinted windows
Tinted Headlight surrounds
Clear side repeaters
Phillips Xenon lighting
Covered rear wiper

Gun Metal Grey Dash trim
Ford leather gear knob & boot
Zetec S Steering wheel & Sill Covers
Leather centre armrest

Pioneer USB/CD player
JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits
Shortened aerial

The driving lights might be going soon. I put them on about 14 months or so ago because i was doing a fair bit of nighttime driving in the country, but now i never do. I haven’t taken them off yet because its grown on me, maybe I should put some rally style mud flaps on it too? :

More pics of the interior (& stezza)...

The Stezza is all JL audio with a Cheapo pioneer USB head unit. 6" splits up front, Stock rear speakers, 12" sub and a 4ch amp running in 2+1ch mode. The sub box is going to get redone somewhere down the track. The Sub will sit in a box that’s moulded to the shape of the wheel arch and seat angle etc... With plain painted face on it around the sub. The amp will either go into a false floor or relocated under one of the seats. The current box weighs a ton and the new set up could weigh as much as 70% less by changing it. The doors are fully sound deadened, but the rear is only partly done. I've got some JL 5 x 7"s to replace the rear speakers, just haven’t had time to get them in there.

I removed the dash to paint it, it was an effort and a half! the radio fascia is the factory one that i modified, it came out great, but the filler has just started to crack in it... so I’ve got these to be painted over x-mas.

The steering wheel trim is in the same colour too, and there’s a few more bits i plan on painting so its more of a "theme"

And I’ve got all this lot just arrived from the UK!

ST rear wing, ST side mouldings, ST pedals, ST front sway bar, and 12.5mm rear axle spacers. All that and the radio fascia will be on over my x-mas holidays.
I'll be painting the wing and side mouldings myself, so I’ll do the door handles and boot trim too, maybe the washer jets too.

You might be asking yourself why there are no mechanical mods other than the suspension & brakes? Well i decided that any mods like intake and exhaust on the 1.6 would only lead to disappointment, though i haven't ruled out changing the rear muffler just to get a little "note" happening.
I've had some big HP cars over the years and this will never be close to them in power. Also I’m about to turn 34 Y.O. and I drive this thing in peak traffic daily, so I’ve got nothing to prove in my daily drive to work. If i had the chance i would convert it to a 2lt from a focus or a XR-4, if i could find a front cut at the right price. I’m hoping to get some Koni or Bilstien shocks for it later next year if funds allow and maybe a strut tower brace.

I'm sure i've left out some things, Just holler if you have any questions :

One last pic with my 2 Y.O. daughter

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Mate, your Fez looks awesome. You HAVE to tell me how you did your headlights. I've been wanting to do that since I got mine 3 years ago!
I kinda like the driving lights. If I were you, I'd take only the top ones off.

Like you, I'll be 34 soon (December) and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who loves going on drives. Every time we're stopped in traffic or at a red light she says "Let's go! Woom, woom!" I've got a budding petrolhead on my hands. If she wasn't such a full-on money sponge, I'd have more cash for mods.

As for the radio fascia, how did you separate the a/c knobs from the faceplate? I tried and I couldn't get much room to undo the screws.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Adsy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Mate, your Fez looks awesome. You HAVE to tell me how you did your headlights. I've been wanting to do that since I got mine 3 years ago!
Thanks mate! Credit to yourself for the idea of painting the front bumper bit black.

The headlights were a little tricky just because I had to figure it our as I went.
Firstly remove the lights from the car then the globes from the lenes.
Then you need to cut through the urethane that glues the clear plastic to the head light body, there is also one screw at the rear of the body to undo. Once you've cut through the urethane you need to gently pry the two apart. This took me ages for fear of breaking anything!
Once apart, the silver "trim part unscrews from the clear cover.
Then you can paint whatever you want to. Now one huge tip, DON'T USE MASKING TAPE ON THE SILVER LENSE AREA! Masking tape will damage the crappy chrome that you want to leave behind. I learnt the heard way but it was on a part that I wasn't sure if I would paint or not.
In the end I made up a very tight fitting stencil out of thin cardboard to cover what I didn’t want to paint. The actual headlight lenes is a separate unit, it’s just the reflectors for the parker and indicator that are tricky. As you can see in my pic, I’ve only left the forward facing areas in chrome. To paint it, it was just a wipe with prepsol then painted with matt black.
They go together the same as they come apart but I used black silicone to glue them (as it's easy to get them apart again if need be). Use enough silicone to make the headlight water tight, but make sure it doesn’t end up on the surfaces that are visible when the light is installed in the car. Have a good look at the outside of them where they meet the guards and you'll know what I mean.

Quote:
I kinda like the driving lights. If I were you, I'd take only the top ones off.
As I said they've grown on me too... but, well...... I’m not sure what it would look like with just the lower lights... I’ve got some photshops of when I put them on, I’ll have a play and see I guess.

Quote:
Like you, I'll be 34 soon (December) and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who loves going on drives. Every time we're stopped in traffic or at a red light she says "Let's go! Woom, woom!" I've got a budding petrolhead on my hands. If she wasn't such a full-on money sponge, I'd have more cash for mods.
My birthday is in December too! Elli is 28months now and I have a son James who is about to turn one. One he is walking I’ll have to get a pic of the both of them with the car :

Quote:
As for the radio fascia, how did you separate the a/c knobs from the faceplate? I tried and I couldn't get much room to undo the screws.
The a/c controls come out with the fascia, I’ve had mine out about 4 times now so its pretty easy for me, but the first time was a bugger of a job!

The trick is to undo the cable for the heater flap, at the heater box (behind the trim next to the clutch pedal). If you pop out the cable there and the clip next to it, you will be able to pull the fascia off about 80-100mm. From there you should be able to pop out the cable at the switch end (the big round green thing), it's a little hard to get out. Then you should be able to move the fascia a little more out then unplug the two electrical plugs and then it's free. Once out the ac control then unscrew from the fascia. Putting it back in is even harder though... I’ve got a long screwdriver that's bent on a 45deg angle, I use that up from underneath and behind to push the green thingy back into place, then the rest is the same as it came apart.

I hope to post some updates in the coming weeks!

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsy01
...cut through the urethane that glues the clear plastic to the head light body, there is also one screw at the rear of the body to undo. Once you've cut through the urethane you need to gently pry the two apart...
You're a brave man. I'm hopeless at applying silicone neatly so I'm not sure I want to try it now!

Looking forward to more pics.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
hifiandmtb
Starter Motor

Found this forum today looking for Mk6 Fiesta rear sway bar options. Wifey's got a Fiesta Zetec that I've fitted Koni Sport (yellow) dampers to 68,000 km ago (the car's now travelled 118,000 km) and it's now on it's fourth set of rubber (Bridgestone RE001s).

You *have* to fit the Konis - brilliant upgrade. I will explore my RSB options now you've shown me the way.
hifiandmtb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Whiteline will be selling rear sway bars for the Fiesta from early next year.

Its a great upgrade that will fit the normal fiesta but was designed with the xr4 in mind. They will also be offering more items for the Fiesta later on.

If you want I can post pictures
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
Adsy01

Koni's mmmmmmmm

Piotr, please post up some pics of the whiteline bar, but can you put them in the sway bar thread? (linked above) What size have they made it?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Can you just put the sway bar on with no suspension enhancement and feel the difference?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Old 16-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
hifiandmtb
Starter Motor

Is that a Selby's swaybar?
hifiandmtb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Sure is, but it will be sold through Whiteline
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
Adsy01

Just a small update.
well i've got the12.5mm rear spacers on and new rear sway bar bushes on the car, i havent been able to drive it though as i broke my ankle in two spots a couple of days after fitting them.

I stuffed up the measurment with the front sway bar. it already has the same 19mm bar as the XR-4 / ST. even the partnumber on the bars are the same. so now i have a spare front sway bar, so if i feel the need i can get it copied in a larger size.

I gt the new radio fasia in and painted before busting my ankle and I got all my body parts painted too.
The ST/XR-4 wing and side strips wont go on for a few weeks untill i can stand on my own two feet. I'll post some pics once they're on the car, but just the colour coded handles on all 3 doors is a huge improvment!