Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
ads266
Starter Motor

Default 2006 WQ running rough.

I have a 2006 WQ LX. Recently it feels like i have had dirty fuel going through the car. It loses power then picks up again. Travelling in 4th gear it feels like its chugging along, slightly jerking back and forward. I have had new leads and plugs put in also. I am thinking it may be the throttle body from my own investigation. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what it may be? Thanks.

ads266 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea ... possibly the Throttle Body or MAP sensor

Make sure the Air and Fuel filter are OK .. could also be an electrical issue.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
ads266
Starter Motor

Thanks for reoplying so quickly mate, its much appreciated.
Old 16-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds weird how many km's on it?
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My WP Zetec had a similar experience. One day it was fine, then over the next week it became sluggish, rough and the whole car was shaky from the engine vibrations. My mate serviced it and she was fine, as good as new. Not sure if this helps but if you haven't had a service in a while it could be experiencing what mine did man?
Old 16-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
ads266
Starter Motor

I have done just over 60,000 km's. Apart from this fault i have had nothing go wrong with her. It so frustrating. The engine light has just come on which from the book seems to imply that there is a software fault or its a diagnostic fault code. To all who replied thanks for trying to help.
Old 16-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh take it to a mechanic, could only need something simple... hopefully
Old 16-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
fiestars

first post had the same problem with my 07 fiesta ford said it was the oxygen sensor what ever that is, anyway the replaced it under warranty n the problem went away
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The motor in the WP/WQ is a top little unit, mine had 99,000 on it when I sold with only minor issues that were fixed after servicing etc. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious man.
Old 16-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine did 100,000 yesterday, absolutely brilliant.... never skips a beat,, except when i stalled it once :s and it was a bit reluctant to start again.. but otherwise it is a top unit
Old 17-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
Fez WQ

Default I had this happen

I had this happen its was a cracked spark plug (ford) Dealer said that it had been dropped
It will not be much and yes my engine light was comming on the same as yours, may even be a plug lead ...

I just bought a WS Fez and its is great LX in vison
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Hey guys im havin this problem aswell, this first happened like 7,500km ago after my first service since buyin my 04 WP LX, and my mechanic just pulled all the spark leads out and put them all back in and..... walla it worked ......

Just today driving back from gettin breakfast it started doin the same thing, so i just pulled the leads out but the problem aint goin away and the engine lights comin on aswell. The motor is really really sluggish and makin a fluttering noise aswell

can anybody help, thanks

EDIT:
(and its no longer under warranty so i cant take it back to the dealer)
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
Twellsy
Starter Motor

I have had this problem in the past ( Nissan Pulsar SSS and Excel ) after putting aftermarket leads on , try putting the old one's back on or if they are no good get replacement one's from Ford. Also good idea as mentioned earlier by other members check or replace the spark plugs
Twellsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
Cyborg1978

The best thing you can do is take it to a ford dealer. They can put it on there computer and get the correct fault code. Think if it's something like a carnk sensor, and you don't fix it ASAP you may be looking at a rebuild if you let it go for to long. Bite the bullet and get ford to have a look.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
luvpsi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads266
I have a 2006 WQ LX. Recently it feels like i have had dirty fuel going through the car. It loses power then picks up again. Travelling in 4th gear it feels like its chugging along, slightly jerking back and forward. I have had new leads and plugs put in also. I am thinking it may be the throttle body from my own investigation. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what it may be? Thanks.
sounds like the ignition coil may be cracked too..
luvpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #16
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Had my mechanic had a look at my WP for a solution to the problem of my sluggish engine, he looked at the spark plugs, leads, coil, and still no fix

Also what he did was pull out spark plugs one by one, cylinders 1,2&3 made a considerable change to the running of the engine.......
But cylinder 4 (far right) didn't.....
So is somethin wrong with cylinder 4......yeah

He also tried checking the compression of the cylinders but didn't have the right sized connection

I tried changing the sparks plugs, that didnt work,

Can anybody please help, this car is undrivable any its my only car
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 20-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
ads266
Starter Motor

The engine light is off and the car is running fine again. I am sure it will play up again and Ford couldn't find a problem with it. They (Ford) stated i need to get it to them when it is running rough but thats hard to do when its after hours. I will update this thread again if i have any more information. Thanks for all the responses too its been appreciated.
Old 24-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Got my WP Fiesta back today, ended up bein a coil pack and spark leads problem.....

Don't know what caused it but all i gotta say is THANK GOD my gf dads a mechanic cause he said it wasn't cheap and did the whole thing for free.......so i can't give u guys a price for those parts or the installation fees

Thanks guys for all the tips, help and info
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler