Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default New ARR's 2006 edition.

Okay you people in QLD, VIC, TAS, SA, NT:-

You are free once again to continue using your front fog lights ALL THE TIME!!!

For the time being. . . . . .

THOSE of us in WA and NSW remain prohibited from doing so through seperate state transport regulations and this is appropriate, front fog lights are not DRL's.

SEE Mr Sparkle's link below!!, Refer Rule 217 - no change.

The review as I understand it, has realised some major changes requiring discussion that will be needed to harmonise things.

NSW continues to not recognise the 'Speed Limits' division, we use our own.

ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 21-02-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Or right click and Save-As the link here...

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legi...A-051216EV.pdf

I'm off to have a read!
Old 21-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

What are the arguments for and against the law?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
micksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Okay you people in QLD, VIC, TAS, SA, NT:-

You are free once again to continue using your front fog lights ALL THE TIME!!!

and why use FOG lamps during the day ?

ИИИИes me off.

it isn't needed.

im gonna start driving around with my high beams on.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
Sloth

Something that really hacks me off is the amount of holden drivers who drive with their damn headlights on in the middle of the day!
Fog/driving lights on a sunny day annoy me too, but headlights in full daylight? I don't see why they do that! Its not like I cant see their car.
Ive seen one poor guy who had left them on in the car park lol, in the middle of the day. I had to laugh, hopfully it will teach him.
Old 22-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Must get that terminology right Sloth:-

Front fog lights are NOT driving lamps - even in NZ:-)

Some people treat front fog lights (P55watts) as Daytime Running Lamps (P21watts).

My personal view is that DRL's remain optional. Other ADR's I'd mandate.

ADR's are an accepted standard in NZ. (and PNG too).

An anti DRL site: www.lightsout.org

I must say (but not in relation to QLD here), that I can see a future NSW government going it alone on some vehicle items, where we'd mandate 'as a requirement for NSW registration', say a certain currently optional ADR OR Australian Standard or UN equivalent. It is clear that some things just cannot be harmonised between the states. All very state party political.

Last edited by Keepleft; 22-02-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 22-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

An update:

The issue of a national road rule change to 217, currently 'rear fog lights' is still before NTC at 'review stage'. (The proposal is for a NSW/WA like prohibition of use when in clear weather conditions).

Comments received in relation to that rule, and all others as raised by people in submissions, AND not shown covered by the inital link are still being considered!

Then 'due process' of the new rules takes place. It's a multi-step process before 'final approval' type system. "It" then appears in the linked item 'at one of those stages'.

NTC is surprised the item is available at all online - in this early stage. I would expect it to be removed.

Those who have submitted changes should not lose heart - much is still being reviewed. The *latest* official and enacted version of the ARR's remains 2003 edition.

The thread, should might therefore be left to die, or Admins are free to delete it if they wish!!!

(I need to tidy up 'reception' of my legislation alerts)!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 22-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Something that really hacks me off is the amount of holden drivers who drive with their damn headlights on in the middle of the day!
Fog/driving lights on a sunny day annoy me too, but headlights in full daylight?
They get it from scaifey! :P
Old 22-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Fog/driving lights on a sunny day annoy me too, but headlights in full daylight? I don't see why they do that! Its not like I cant see their car.
Ive seen one poor guy who had left them on in the car park lol, in the middle of the day. I had to laugh, hopfully it will teach him.
Bad drivers alwas have there lights on during the day to alert safe drivers they are coming. Same reason Volvo's have their lights on.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #10
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find that headlights on during the day is a recommended "safety" action by the RTA.
Its not a sign of a bad driver, its a sign of a safety conscious driver
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
micksta

to say what exactly ?

a) get out of my way im a bad driver
b) ur all bad drivers for looking at my stupidity for leaving my lights on when i forgot to turn them off at night. God im stupid.

i dunno which one to pick lol
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post