Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
djfairmont

Default im looking for performance upgrade info

hi y'all, im new to ford forum and new to au's. got an AU2 fairmont a few months ago and i want info on cheap(or pricey) performance upgrades. at this point any info would be greatly appreciated. unfortunately it's not much to look at as the previous owner didn't look after it too well (gutter scraped bumpers, minor scratches ect....) what is worth a look though is my previous car,85' XF s'pack. i owned the bugger for nearly 11 years and just about every thing under bonnet was new(when i sold it... ****...im such an idiot), custom colour coded interior, cloth upholstery, resprayed, reco motor, diff and g'box, heaps of mods(too many to list LOL) i regret selling it but it was starting to rust away in the 'a' pillar. i'll put some pics up when i figure out how!

Last edited by djfairmont; 09-05-2011 at 10:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: im looking for performance upgrade info

full exhaust, cold air intake. is a great start.
also consider a full service of the car. change all oils/fluids/filters.
spark plugs and leads.
just my 2c

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

manual conversion and 3.7 gears - best bank for your buck by far.
Supercharger (raptor, Eaton or sprintex)
Or Turbo (Snort stage 2 should be OK on stock motor, stage 1 definitely good)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
djfairmont

thanks day mow. i have changed most fluids as part of regular servicing. im particular with engine oil changes (bout every 3/4 thousand k's) and only use penrite.i used that brand in my previous falcon and gave it a hard time on a daily basis for over 10 yrs and the engine showed absolutely no signs of wear internally....id trust penrite with my life. im not a qualified mechanic but i've played with cars/ engines since i was a teen (now 34) and my old car had all servicing done by yours truely. bit harder with the au as theres a lot more elactronic crap, besides if i have the doe it's just easier to get a pro' to do it. my email is djfairmont@hotmail.com if you wana chat.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post