Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #3811
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Sun seems unusually bright this morning but looks heaps better CB.

slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 11:38 AM   #3812
.:4:.
Kicking back

Well the hail storm yesterday. Never had hail so large. It absolutely swiss cheesed the lazerlite roofing over my back deck. Not entirely happy about that, but hey, i cannot control the weather.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #3813
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s an easy job to replace, just overpriced! Nose around and you might be able to get new silicone rubber washers to allow cheaper re-use of the old screws.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #3814
Kicking back

I know its not the biggest job to replace the roofing, ive got the tools etc. Im just currently in a financial position where whilst a can easily afford it, i just cannot justify it. So for the moment i can live with it. Its just the back deck, house is fine. I do most my living in the house. Still an annoyance that 3 drops of rain turned into proper hail in a heartbeat. It wasnt anything close to say even golfball sized hail, but the bigger bits were 6 to maybe 10mm across.
Old 15-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #3815
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I know its not the biggest job to replace the roofing, ive got the tools etc. Im just currently in a financial position where whilst a can easily afford it, i just cannot justify it. So for the moment i can live with it. Its just the back deck, house is fine. I do most my living in the house. Still an annoyance that 3 drops of rain turned into proper hail in a heartbeat. It wasnt anything close to say even golfball sized hail, but the bigger bits were 6 to maybe 10mm across.
Ask ya brother for a loan/borrow....lol...
Old 15-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #3816
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Ask ya brother for a loan/borrow....lol...
Ha, fat chance of that. If the saying says he aint heavy hes my brother, well this bloke to me is very heavy. Slightly less of a financial drain that was my ex wife, but still, and only because he is my brother, i help out with the bare minimum. And unlike your charitable help, nothing ill towards billy, my brother doesnt have any drug addictions, so no drugs or even cigarettes. Its just food. and fuel. I hate the bloke as much as anyone does towards their own syblings. He lives rent/bills free in a 3 bed, 3 bog townhouse with a 2 car carhold my mum owns. I pay my mortgage every week, whats more to hate?
This user likes this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #3817
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well the hail storm yesterday. Never had hail so large. It absolutely swiss cheesed the lazerlite roofing over my back deck. Not entirely happy about that, but hey, i cannot control the weather.
Saw some bloke on The Morning Show, his Supra was parked outside and he had flattened cardboard boxes and blankets over it and he was spreadeagled over the bonnet trying to hold down a sheet and he was getting pummeled.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 03:50 PM   #3818
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ha, fat chance of that. If the saying says he aint heavy hes my brother, well this bloke to me is very heavy. Slightly less of a financial drain that was my ex wife, but still, and only because he is my brother, i help out with the bare minimum. And unlike your charitable help, nothing ill towards billy, my brother doesnt have any drug addictions, so no drugs or even cigarettes. Its just food. and fuel. I hate the bloke as much as anyone does towards their own syblings. He lives rent/bills free in a 3 bed, 3 bog townhouse with a 2 car carhold my mum owns. I pay my mortgage every week, whats more to hate?
You sure he hasn’t got any undisclosed expensive habits or addictions.Even someone on Centrelink can easily get by if they don’t have any rent etc to pay
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #3819
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
You sure he hasn’t got any undisclosed expensive habits or addictions.Even someone on Centrelink can easily get by if they don’t have any rent etc to pay
Nah, pretty sure he's just an oxygen theif.
Old 15-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #3820
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Saw some bloke on The Morning Show, his Supra was parked outside and he had flattened cardboard boxes and blankets over it and he was spreadeagled over the bonnet trying to hold down a sheet and he was getting pummeled.
Long long time ago now about 1993, massive hailstorm in Liverpool Cabramatta area, my best mate now deceased, just made it home, we fly up driveway to get under carport and some Vietnamese guy was parked under his carport, lol, we were in his FJ 45, 350 chev with a nice new bull bar, I fitted it the day before, brand new fibreglass roof and paint job, he pushed this Asian dudes commodore right through the carport into his back garden!...too funny for words, the Asian dude had a good laugh about it too!...so did we, my mate was killed in his FJ 45 about 3 months later, it was a lethal thing to drive.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #3821
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Sun seems unusually bright this morning but looks heaps better CB.

Perhaps you could try the plaster of paris trick -

https://www.newshub.co.nz/entertainm...ips-2008061609
"The solution? Mix plaster of Paris with water until it’s the consistency of peanut butter. For every cup of mixture add one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid, paint it over the stain about half an inch think and leave it to completely dry. Sweep off."

https://www.drchemical.com.au/chemis...ment-driveways
"Get some plaster of Paris, make it up according to the instructions, with the addition of a small amount of dishwashing detergent (to help it wet into the cement) pour it onto the stain and let it dry for a day or two. It should then brush off with a stiff brush (or perhaps a wire brush) taking most of the stain with it.

What is happening here is that the plaster is acting as a poultice. That is, it is providing an alternative medium for the carbon to stick to. The chemistry of cement and the chemistry of the plaster, as far as carbon is concerned, are quite similar: they are both inorganic composites that the carbon will happily adsorb to. The good thing about the plaster is that because it is very fine it has a very high surface area and therefore provides a good alternative for the carbon to adsorb to it."
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #3822
slowsnake
Banned

Am already looking into using a poultice, I have realised most of the oil went through the joins/gaps in the pavers, I realised when putting Kenco on that it vanished very quickly down the gaps, but its my own fault, not paying attention to the job at hand, and its filling my days in pretty good!
Old 16-10-2021, 11:15 AM   #3823
slowsnake
Banned

Watching a drunken aboriginal, no sense of safety, totally lost in his alcoholic high, well he stepped off the kerb to cross the road, straight in front of a bus?.....was yesterday, the ambulance arrived and the dude walked away, waving and abusing ambo's, just reading here in paper that man dies after being hit by a bus in H......street at 5:30pm!

What is wrong with people, there are plenty of places to drink and sleep it off without crossing 4 lanes of traffic, I don't understand!
Old 16-10-2021, 11:32 AM   #3824
Kicking back

Years ago down at my dads place in a town on the south coast i was at the bowlo there. So theres an aboriginal claim nearby, dunno if thats the correct term but a plot with a community living on it. Anyrate, there was a new staff member at the bowlo kicking out an elder for drunk and disorderly behavior and the other staffers were all saying dont do that. Only because they knew what would happen. Sure enough, 5 minutes later other community members from that plot tipped over the courtesy bus. Down there the local police are powerless. You also would never use the boat ramp nearby as if your trailer had a spare tyre, that would get nicked, and if you had a roller trailer, the kids would nick the rollers and then try sell them back. I never used that ramp so never had that issue, however during holiday season, quite a number of holiday peoples didnt know that and would be left with their boat in the water and unless they paid the ransom, a useless trailer.
Old 16-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #3825
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Indecisive, time consuming customers who want to tell me their life story and just about everything else that doesn't have anything to do with what they are shopping for, all for the purpose of selecting a single $12 item. That and attempting to show me every single photo on their phone. Or telling me every single plant in their garden, where it's planted, when it was planted, what colour the flowers are and so on and so on.

JUST GET TO THE POINT AND LET ME SERVE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS WAITING IN LINE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all that in a time where we are supposed to shop with a purpose and limit close personal contact, a directive from the powers that be and my employer. Some people just don't get it.

The last two days has been a constant flow of these sort of customers, so I'm ready to hide from people for a few days.
Mustang GT

Old 16-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #3826
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Indecisive, time consuming customers who want to tell me their life story and just about everything else that doesn't have anything to do with what they are shopping for, all for the purpose of selecting a single $12 item. That and attempting to show me every single photo on their phone. Or telling me every single plant in their garden, where it's planted, when it was planted, what colour the flowers are and so on and so on.

JUST GET TO THE POINT AND LET ME SERVE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS WAITING IN LINE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all that in a time where we are supposed to shop with a purpose and limit close personal contact, a directive from the powers that be and my employer. Some people just don't get it.

The last two days has been a constant flow of these sort of customers, so I'm ready to hide from people for a few days.
Oh, so you've met my wife then
Old 16-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #3827
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Ha ha, perhaps.

Can't tell you how many times over the years I have had to stand in the middle of a couple clearly hating married life. He will clearly want to anywhere but plant shopping with his wife, she want's him there to pay for it. The barely contained barbs exchanged between both can be very awkward. Why do people get married again?
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #3828
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Beat me to it, I was going to say you must of met my neighbour!..lol..
Old 16-10-2021, 10:13 PM   #3829
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ha ha, perhaps.

Can't tell you how many times over the years I have had to stand in the middle of a couple clearly hating married life. He will clearly want to anywhere but plant shopping with his wife, she want's him there to pay for it. The barely contained barbs exchanged between both can be very awkward. Why do people get married again?
Sex!...once a night for the 1st year, once a week the 2nd year, once a month 3rd year, occasionally in the 4th year, then you buy an old car to fix up in the garage for the rest of your married life!
Old 17-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #3830
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sex!...once a night for the 1st year, once a week the 2nd year, once a month 3rd year, occasionally in the 4th year, then you buy an old car to fix up in the garage for the rest of your married life!
Bingo, we have a winner, sooo true.
You're either on your knees fixing something under the car or on your knees begging for sex
Old 17-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #3831
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s on par with trolling the Bunnings paint counter on a busy weekend with subjective questions. “What’s a good colour for a <insert room>?”
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #3832
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It’s on par with trolling the Bunnings paint counter on a busy weekend with subjective questions. “What’s a good colour for a <insert room>?”
Easy, Ford owner Blue

Holden owner Red

Valiant owner White with Red dots, and use furry paint, like "dice"...
Old 17-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #3833
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That was the best part about one bloke who worked at an electrical wholesaler my old work used. If a domestic person walked up to the counter asking advice, this bloke would not dignify that with an answer and just point to the sign. The sign said that they are a wholesaler, not electricians so not qualified to give advice.
Yeah, if you knew what you were after but didnt know the part number or what shelf to find it, the staff were very helpful. But if you dunno what you want, first point was towards the sign, second point was to the door.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #3834
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
That was the best part about one bloke who worked at an electrical wholesaler my old work used. If a domestic person walked up to the counter asking advice, this bloke would not dignify that with an answer and just point to the sign. The sign said that they are a wholesaler, not electricians so not qualified to give advice.
Yeah, if you knew what you were after but didnt know the part number or what shelf to find it, the staff were very helpful. But if you dunno what you want, first point was towards the sign, second point was to the door.
One of my wholesalers was a ***** of a bloke, he would point the diy nongs in our direction and get them to direct questions to us.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #3835
slowsnake
Banned

On a sad note, families who go on camping holidays and lose one of their kiddies, how can that happen?
How can a 4 year old go missing from the same tent as the parents?
How could a parent set up a tent 50 metres or so from Ocean driven blowholes?...knowing how inquisitive children are?

Geez I hate that, I really hate that nonchalance, it's so ****ing dangerous!
Old 24-10-2021, 09:36 PM   #3836
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Companies that use Facebook to advertise a product that is not in stock.

Clicking the link to "Shop Now" takes you to their website, only to find said product is Out-Of-Stock......................... and has been sold-out for months now.

I would have thought it would be smarter to use Facebook to advertise a product that you have ready to ship.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #3837
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

And while I'm at it............... family members who "borrow" my tools and don't put them back where they found them.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #3838
leesa

Quote:
Lack of sex isn't a problem, it's a symptom of another problem. Fix the other problem and sex will probably return. Continue to ignore it and it'll probably keep deteriorating until your marriage goes nuclear.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2021, 11:14 PM   #3839
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Lack of sex isn't a problem, it's a symptom of another problem. Fix the other problem and sex will probably return. Continue to ignore it and it'll probably keep deteriorating until your marriage goes nuclear.
Lack of sex has never been a problem?
Old 25-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #3840
slowsnake
Banned

Jack Miller falling off his Ducati in Moto GP, same place he fell off in practice, along with half a dozen others!
Got to be a track issue or bad design, bad tyre choice maybe?