Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
simonr
Focus Rookie

Default Article in SMH: Drive

The XR4 is going to be at the Melbourne Motor show!

"....expected to cost about 26,000. The XR4 will be on sale by June........ Ford will also use the show to confirm its plans to bring back the Mondeo..."

Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Full Article

http://fordfiestaxr4.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75#75

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 02-03-2007 at 01:25 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At last, it's official.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Can anyone tell me if you can actually get up close and personal with this XR4 @ MMS?

Just wondering if I should fly down to check it out... given Ford @ SMS in 2004 had it on a turn-stand and I couldn't even get a look inside!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
0xyg3n

lol I found this http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html

Quote:
But Ford and Holden went all-out in the performance stakes. Ford revealed a new Fiesta XR4 which will be on sale in July this year. It will feature a variant with a two-litre diesel engine – the first diesel car to grace Ford Australia’s line-up.
Oh yeah it looks like you might be able to get up close to the xr4.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
Lplus

A 2 litre diesel engine in the XR4??

The most powerful 2 l diesel at the moment is the Focus 135PS/320nm version with over 50% more torque than the 150PS/190nm petrol of the XR4

That said, it's iron block against the alloy block petrol.

I suspect it could out drag the petrol even though top speed might be less and the handling not quite so nimble.

They may have to use a lower powered version to ensure the diesel doesn't outshine the petrol, or maybe they've developed an alloy block version with lower power.

I have a petrol ST and drive a 115PS diesel mondeo at work. I was wondering what the mondeo engine would be like in a fiesta - maybe we'll get to see it too.
Lplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
simonr
Focus Rookie

Another article!

making world news!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...t-melbourne-au
Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
Steffo
LPG > You

Every time I see how much power it has it makes me want to cry... how is 110kW supposed to compete with the new-gen of hot-hatches making their way out...

Renaultsport Clio 197... 145kW 215Nm
Peugeot 207 GTi... 128kW 1.6 Turbo
Revised VW Polo GTI... 132kW 235Nm 1.8 Turbo

That being said... I'd still buy an XR4. But it would remain stock for about 2 seconds flat....
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

polo GTI cup (180 hp version) isnt comming to australia from what ive heard.

Slightly different engine tune/ wheels and a few other bits and pieces including bumpers and spoiler.

Flash tune soon 153kw and 328nm happy days
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
polo GTI cup (180 hp version) isnt comming to australia from what ive heard.

Slightly different engine tune/ wheels and a few other bits and pieces including bumpers and spoiler.

Flash tune soon 153kw and 328nm happy days
From what I understand we are getting it, but there will be no 'Cup,' tag. Just Polo GTI and it will superseed the 110kW model.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
0xyg3n

Went to the motorshow today.

Got some photos. The XR4 is up on a turn table so you cant get access. I noticed one thing. It's an ST lol seats, steering wheel and door scuffs are still branded as ST. But it has XR4 outside.

Steffo with the cars u listed most are turboed and new models to the market the ST/XR4 has been around for awhile. When the new fiesta is released oversea's i dare say it will have similar specs etc.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
Lplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
When the new fiesta is released oversea's i dare say it will have similar specs etc.
The latest reports are saying 1.6 turbo with about 170 - 180 PS at the moment. They're still scared if they give it 200 PS they'll build something that can out perform the flagship Focus. (Bad marketing, doncha know)

So, no diesel. ah well.
Lplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope these help a little
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #14
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplus
The latest reports are saying 1.6 turbo with about 170 - 180 PS at the moment. They're still scared if they give it 200 PS they'll build something that can out perform the flagship Focus. (Bad marketing, doncha know)

So, no diesel. ah well.

Lol not diesel I think who ever did that report mixed up the modeo and xr4. We are going to get a mondeo diesel. XR4 is just the same as ur ST just different badging.

Heres the pics I took.

One other thing while over at the Holden stand I found this. They have a couple of xbox's I think with the V8 Supercars game. And just about everyone was driving a Ford Mustang lol. The kid on the left out of shot was driving an open wheeler and I'm sure it was a Formula Ford.

Last edited by 0xyg3n; 04-03-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #15
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Went to the motorshow today.

Got some photos. The XR4 is up on a turn table so you cant get access. I noticed one thing. It's an ST lol seats, steering wheel and door scuffs are still branded as ST. But it has XR4 outside.
I felt that Ford Australia just weren't ready for the Fiesta XR4. It really looks like a last minute job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseterritory
Hope these help a little
Cool, thanks for the pics, man.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #16
0xyg3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
I felt that Ford Australia just weren't ready for the Fiesta XR4. It really looks like a last minute job.

Yeah I'm thinking they havn't build any in xr4 spec yet. I know mine isn't build yet. It did seem all abit rushed to me as well. I was thinking they would release more info on it like pricing. I almost get the feeling I'll have my car before I even know how much it is lol.

No one has noticed on the spec board yet about the leather seats it has (drivers seat only) lol Shouldn't it say front seats only.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking they havn't build any in xr4 spec yet. I know mine isn't build yet. It did seem all abit rushed to me as well. I was thinking they would release more info on it like pricing. I almost get the feeling I'll have my car before I even know how much it is lol.

No one has noticed on the spec board yet about the leather seats it has (drivers seat only) lol Shouldn't it say front seats only.
You'd be right.

Also notice that on the spec board it says "Overseas Model Shown". Now that would be interesting if Australia gets Partial Leather front drivers seat only. Um, cost-cutting? :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
photn
AFF Post NAZI

as i have said on the EFC club parts. i was dissapointed with the XR4.....completely dissapointed. same with the Falcon anniversary. the rest was awesum......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post