Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
jayjays
Starter Motor

Default TDCi Particulate filter?

Hi everyone, am looking at changing my oil in between services due to the 15000km intervals. Rang Castrol technical line to find out the exact oil to use in my 07 TDCi. He asked wheather it has a particulate filter. Can anybody tell me wheather it does or not? Its 2 completely different types of oil to use if it does or doesnt.

Thanks

jayjays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty sure it has. Ask your dealer.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The early TDCI did not have a particulate filter. They can cause fuel consumption issues ( and seem to do so on Nissans!) Mine is November 07 build LT model and does not have one. You can tell by looking at the build plate after reading the really helpful technical spec "Sticky" at the top of this forum page which tells you where to look at what codes mean what.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Henry's Ford
Starter Motor

Hey guys
What's the difference between an ordinary filter and the particulate one
Henry's Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
iztec
Starter Motor

The particulate filter is in the exhaust system. It catches "particulates" created by diesel combustion and burns them off by injecting a small amount of fuel into the system periodically.
iztec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjays
Hi everyone, am looking at changing my oil in between services due to the 15000km intervals. Rang Castrol technical line to find out the exact oil to use in my 07 TDCi. He asked wheather it has a particulate filter. Can anybody tell me wheather it does or not? Its 2 completely different types of oil to use if it does or doesnt.

Thanks
I have a 2007 TDCi and it definitely has got a particulate filter in the exhaust, it requires Low Ash oil. If you don't use Low Ash oil it will clog the particulate filter which can be a bit expensive, sort like using leaded fuel in an unleaded car causes the catalytic converter to clog up.