Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 18-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Default Ford TX5 - Fog lights

Hi all.

This'll be my first posting on this website. I really hope to hear from you guys.

Right, just some info about my ride. I drive a manual 1993 Ford TX5. Since I'm from South Africa, our TX5 models didn't come out with fog lamps/lights. I would like to upgrade them to a more Ausie spec TX5.

My question is as follows. Once I have a pair of stock Ford TX5 fog lights and the standard fog light switch, how must it be connected?

I'll get a Ford Technician to do it off course, but how must it be setup? I know, with most cars, the park lights needs to be first on for the fogs to activate. So once the park and fog lights are on, what indication (besides the obvious) shows the fogs are on, if any?

I've noticed that when you start the car, and it shows the basic startup diagnostic test on the dashboard, there's a rear light light-indicator. How does the Aussie TX5's shows the front fogs are on?

Many thanks & I'm looking FW to hearing from you.

WineAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

you usually set up the fog lights on the low beam circuit with a relay
and that on/ off switch .... possibly an inline fuse
Old 18-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Thanks 'dirty hands'

I'm doing some research, on my topic, on other websites too. Thank you for your input. Like they say, knowledge is power.
Old 24-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Good news Everyone.

I finally bought a pair of brand new Fog Lightsfor my TX5. I'm very excited, since I now have the fog lights and also the switch. All stock standard.

Now to get them installed...
Old 25-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty hands
you usually set up the fog lights on the low beam circuit with a relay
and that on/ off switch .... possibly an inline fuse
In the North American market, 'yes', for the rest of the world, 'no'. Here, you take the positive feed from the sidelights (parkers), to enable operation of the front fogs on park, low and high-beam.

Must have its own switch, telltale (pilot light) is optional with front fogs, if used, go green.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post