Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
shayne93
66 Mustang

Default Au Ute pulls left, replaced BJs and bushes, still pulls left

My AU3 ute pulled left, i took it for an alignment at fulcrum and was advised that all the bushes and left bottom bj were shot, so you had to hold the steering wheel about 30 degrees right to steer straight on highway. so I replaced all front bushes and ball joints.

Ive taken it to an alignment shop, *such and such* tyre and alignment, on the highway it still pulls agressively left, not as bad but still very bad, but if you have the steering wheel dead ahead, it goes straight ahead, just don't let go of it, or you're in a ditch.

Anyway, do I need a camber kit so the front of the left top control arm can be shimmed to bring the top BJ back? the alignment bloke recons he just cant get enough left pos caster and the bottom ball joint needs to come forward.

I've got a 66 Mustang and tbh, these AU's seem to have the same amount of adjustment as the early mustangs/falcons stock, can only be adjusted from top arm, XY falcons had more adjustment, with top and bottom control arms as well as caster bars.

So anyway, what is my best bet to fix?

shayne93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post