Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2021, 12:09 AM   #3211
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

So i will brush the circumstances off. But in the 6 or more months my brother had had his hey you ute he has been on me about it and ive always refused. Not because i dont like it, but just because its his car. So i drove it. Its since been lowered, exshausted, 17s and tyres. Its been a hot minute since ive driven a manual, but this thing is sweet. Paints shot, but thats the only detractor. The rims were my spare set. So factory ford elagance 17's. Ugly as sin in my opinion on anything but an au. But not a single mark on them, so on the au3 xl they suit it to the ground.
Im almost, not quite, but getting an appreciation to au falcons.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 12:15 AM   #3212
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yesterday helping the Police with a good description of a skanky low life I'd seen hanging around going in and out of driveways and seen heading to the traino.
They found her, searched and seized some suspected stolen property from her.
Then this morning my wife realises 2 pairs of expensive Carla Zampatti prescription sunglasses worth $750 have been stolen from her car.
Ring the Police this morning to advise them, they came around tonight with 2 pairs of Carla Zampatti sunglasses, happy days.
We have a $500 excess, so either way it was going to cost me a lot of money, not anymore.
Great job by 3 ladies in blue.
She's going down for my burglary and another one up the road, score.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:21 AM   #3213
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Result. My neighbour had sixteen pots of fancy orchids knocked off last night, they’re probably on Buy/Sell/Swap at $50 apiece by now. I don’t think he will be so lucky as you.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 11:47 AM   #3214
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Yesterday helping the Police with a good description of a skanky low life I'd seen hanging around going in and out of driveways and seen heading to the traino.
They found her, searched and seized some suspected stolen property from her.
Then this morning my wife realises 2 pairs of expensive Carla Zampatti prescription sunglasses worth $750 have been stolen from her car.
Ring the Police this morning to advise them, they came around tonight with 2 pairs of Carla Zampatti sunglasses, happy days.
We have a $500 excess, so either way it was going to cost me a lot of money, not anymore.
Great job by 3 ladies in blue.
She's going down for my burglary and another one up the road, score.
We need to bring back the "birch"...strip about 20 thou of skin off their backs, its ok, they have 40 thou of dirt and muck, insulation in winter, or that's what they tell you!
People only learn through pain and suffering, its the only thing I agree with regarding the old "eye for an eye" not talking chopping hands off, but make it so when they are tempted to steal and thieve, well they will remember the pain and may think twice!

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #3215
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Result. My neighbour had sixteen pots of fancy orchids knocked off last night, they’re probably on Buy/Sell/Swap at $50 apiece by now. I don’t think he will be so lucky as you.
Geez i was going to post that I felt good today because my chest pain has diminished heaps, but the last 2 posts blew that feeling away, I hate thieves, I had a dude walk into my place a month ago, cops weren't bothered, its a joke, but you know having something to fill your days in and give you some pleasure, like growing orchids, which is very time consuming does my head in, never mind the poor bloke growing em!

Cheers King Billy
Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #3216
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Lando Norris qualifying P2 in Austria.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #3217
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Re learning how to cook on an Aga. So different to using gas or electric.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #3218
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Realising Danny Smith , a local You Tuber had posted this video on our very recent literation of our StMarys Car Bike and Pedal Car Show held every June Long Weekend ...A wet one this year but a fun show as always .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5ZZUu0Mto.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 12:56 PM   #3219
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Wiz - so you can host a dinner party? Aga do-do-do
Old 04-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #3220
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Wiz - so you can host a dinner party? Aga do-do-do
Wood chopping party to preceed it to feed the aga and the 4 fireplaces.
Basilico pasta meatballs tonight.

2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #3221
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A perfect crisp bluebird day.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #3222
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
A perfect crisp bluebird day.
Looks nice, certainly not here. top of 7, drizzle sleat all day.

4 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 03:23 PM   #3223
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perfect Aga weather.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2021, 03:25 PM   #3224
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Perfect Aga weather.
If you can load wood into it fast enough.

4 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #3225
slowsnake
Banned

Having a nice hot shower!...my 42 yr old neighbour helped, she shouldn't have told me I stink!...lol, it was lovely too!..lol..hahaha....

Cheers Dirty King Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 07:30 AM   #3226
slowsnake
Banned

Having my cat follow me around, mewing and rubbing and chirping, like only a cat can do!
Just fed him and he's now on coffee table waiting to be brushed...lol, mainly for bindis and grass seeds etc, but also because we both LOVE it...

Cheers King Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 01:59 PM   #3227
.:4:.
Kicking back

Finally received my new battery charger for my rc car batteries. So nothing wrong with my old 5a unit. That is still a keeper as it does nicads/nimh/lead acid and up to 6s lipos. Plus its 12v/240v. The new one is a 12a but only does nimh and up to 4s lipo. Which is fine. I run 6500mah 4s lipos. Now i never charge lipos at more then a 1:1 rate. So 6500mah=6.5a. If charged with over a 1:1 ratio, or not balance charged theres potential for them to swell and potentially explode. Plus the new charger is pretty fancy in that it bluetooths to your electric telling bone so you can monitor and or get a ding when things are either done or not right, as opposed to temporarily checking. Plus a little bit ago i got the bluetooth doodle for my rc car that lets you adjust stuff you cannot manually and gives telemetry. Its all a bit of fun. So stock as a rock the rc car has topped out at 79kmh on a fresh battery, but 76 is the consistent number before the battery gets low. So thats reasonable. A gear ratio swap will change those numbers, but extra top end requires extra space. So i dont have the itch to modify anything.... yet. But its been a bit of fun considering the lockdown means theres not much to do.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #3228
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

…Discovering I’m not the only person who finds interaction with ZenDesk powered customer support a consistently rubbish experience.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #3229
slowsnake
Banned

Since lung surgery i have been sleeping like a baby, can't believe my luck at having an early stage lung cancer not only discovered but totally removed.

Off to see GP soon and having the last drain suture removed, then its all up to me and what choices I make in the future, yes folks....

That's what makes me feel good today!..yippee,

Cheers King Billy
Old 07-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #3230
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Good, do your best to stay off the darts. Your cat needs you!
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #3231
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
…Discovering I’m not the only person who finds interaction with ZenDesk powered customer support a consistently rubbish experience.
Would I like sauce with that hat, you ask?

Actually got a response in good time, from a person proficient in English, with information I can “take to the bank”. Very pleased about this.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #3232
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Good, do your best to stay off the darts. Your cat needs you!
Will do thanks, oh, what the hell is "zendesk"? Computer maybe?
Old 07-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #3233
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

ZenDesk is a customer management software “package” that basically robotises initial responses to commercial website inquiries. It can work, but often it seems just the icing on top of a poorly run business.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2021, 11:31 PM   #3234
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
ZenDesk is a customer management software “package” that basically robotises initial responses to commercial website inquiries. It can work, but often it seems just the icing on top of a poorly run business.
Like ebay..
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #3235
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
And I thought you practiced "zen" at your work station?..

Cheers King William
Old 08-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #3236
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

For me, “zen” equates to digging a nice hole, trench or footing without yahooing in the background or a noisy radio nearby. There is plenty of music in my head, and the occasional company of Mr Tourette. So much earth in this country is unturned by humanity; if you can’t respect that as you dig down - you’re not in touch.

I felt good today at mowing and edging the back lawn, an absolute mountain of liquidambar leaves binned and everything put back “just so” after the cut. Rain coming for several days, starting tonight - left me with little option if I wanted it to be right.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #3237
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Dropped a floodlight and shattered the glass as I was trying to mount it, racing against the dying day. They’re discontinued.
Successfully ordered the last two units left at the importer. Happy enough with that!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #3238
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it's been a busy week. I had all these changes that were due for UAT cutoff today and have had endless problems every step of the way. I seriously cannot remember having this much difficulty ever

Including one that has been hanging around like a pain in the **** for months. They complain like crazy but never help themselves.

We finally got some (albeit ****) engagement with a notoriously difficult team to test last week and it has just been a struggle. It's worth noting it was ready to test many months ago where these problems would have revealed much earlier

Well at the death I slid into home plate and got them all across the line. **** it feels good
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 10:27 PM   #3239
slowsnake
Banned

Helped a homeless and starving 40 year old woman just before I went to surgery, since then she come for mos mornings for coffee with her boyfriend everyday, and I give em breakfast, I gave her my old flip phone today with a $2 sim starter and $5 bucks of credit, asked could they leave their worldly goods under my carport for few hours, was raining hard!
Its 7:30 pm their stuff is under carport and my car is on the street!
Mmmm, how far do you go, if you go at all.....
I am poor and so are they, I get more than them, they get dole, asked do they want to work?..they said yes, so spent all day on tablet looking for fruit picking work, and a relocation fee!...so how far do you go.....that's a forum question by the way?
And they never asked for money, just some tucker, they were white European.

Cheers King Billy
4 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2021, 10:40 PM   #3240
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Helped a homeless and starving 40 year old woman just before I went to surgery, since then she come for mos mornings for coffee with her boyfriend everyday, and I give em breakfast, I gave her my old flip phone today with a $2 sim starter and $5 bucks of credit, asked could they leave their worldly goods under my carport for few hours, was raining hard!
Its 7:30 pm their stuff is under carport and my car is on the street!
Mmmm, how far do you go, if you go at all.....
I am poor and so are they, I get more than them, they get dole, asked do they want to work?..they said yes, so spent all day on tablet looking for fruit picking work, and a relocation fee!...so how far do you go.....that's a forum question by the way?
And they never asked for money, just some tucker, they were white European.

Cheers King Billy
You are a good man Billy. Many others would say "ive got my own problems". Go as far as YOU want to, just don't get taken advantage of.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: