Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #3181
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Receiving heaps of “ Feliz Día del Padre” texts from local Ticos & Ticas this morning!
(Father’s day here)
One I have to share from my Tico builder mate…
“Mi Amigo ...Féliz día del padre ..te aprecio mucho y te veo como mi padre bendiciones ....espero y la pases bien..”
Translates to:
My Friend ... Happy Father's Day ... I appreciate you very much and I see you as my father, blessings ... I hope you have a good time ...
Very cool thing to get mate, says a lot about you.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #3182
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Last few posts immediately reminded me of a Christmas song I like!..
"Feliz Navidad"
Not sure why I like it, probably same reason I like the "Star Spangled Banner"

Cheers King Billy
https://youtu.be/xMtuVP8Mj4o

Ya bastard… that song will be stuck in me head all night…

Chrissie here.. My Mrs each year is “Mrs Claus” (she’s the one in sunnies and santa suit)
Funds raised through the year give every kid up to 13, in our village a pressie… plus a big feed, and generally, just a real bloody good family day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Charliewool; 21-06-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #3183
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Homemade coffee!

Best bit, not standing in a cafe with a mask on waiting for it be made.

And of course, my machine is red to match the other collection of red things in my life.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #3184
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Croatia 3 - 1 Scotland

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 07:59 AM   #3185
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Homemade coffee!

Best bit, not standing in a cafe with a mask on waiting for it be made.

And of course, my machine is red to match the other collection of red things in my life.
Mmmm, so you got a little Red Corvette hiding in ya garage!..lol..hahaha

Cheers King Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #3186
slowsnake
Banned

Not sure, maybe for once in a long, long time am feeling painless, oh and I forgot its pension day!..yippee!

Cheers King Billy
Old 23-06-2021, 11:38 AM   #3187
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Feeling pretty happy, but sore, today.

Yesterday was the largest single day of pushups as part of The Pushup Challenge I'm involved in. Target was 220. Thought I'd do about half as pushups and then substitute with other exercises such as situps, lunges, squats etc.

Well, I surprised myself by doing all pushups. I spread them out across the day, doing 15 each set. Glad that today's target is only 75. Another biggish day tomorrow with 177, but the last day is back to 90, so the end is in sight.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #3188
.:4:.
Kicking back

So since a i was a kid ive been sort of into rc stuff. Not full nerd but nothing ever remained stock. But as technology changed things got better since the 90s. So i havent had a non broken rc car for a number of years. In that time i bought my kid his 1st real rc car which was compatible with all the upgraded parts of my last one. I left it stock for the first while to make sure my kid could handle it. And he could, but he babied it hard. Still had fun with it, but showed he wasnt going to instantly break it. So not that parts arent replacable, but it was his baby. So all the mod bits off my one went on. So he goes harder on it knowing he has various sets of rims and tyres, a wheelie bar and heaps of spare parts, but still doesnt push it to near its limits.
So today i received something i bought. I bought a brushless 4x4 monster truck that is capable of 14.8v lipo batteries. Ive only given it a few test rips around my backyard, but in stock form with the 14v batteries is going to take some getting used to compared to my experience with 2wd dirt track rc cars with lower centres of gravity. So i havent yet taken it to an open area to open it up, but i can tell its fast and likes to party.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #3189
slowsnake
Banned

Funny that last one, saw rc and thought why would being a roman catholic make you happy today, lol,hahaha

Cheers King Billy
Old 23-06-2021, 05:03 PM   #3190
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Funny that last one, saw rc and thought why would being a roman catholic make you happy today, lol,hahaha

Cheers King Billy
Yeah, nothing religious, just a bit of a hobby i enjoy and also share with my kid.
Old 24-06-2021, 07:43 AM   #3191
slowsnake
Banned

that 1st coffee and rollin my 1st ciggie!

Cheers King Billy
Old 25-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #3192
Kicking back

So i got 2 unbiassed opinions, and both were the same as my own. So with the new rc car i didnt tell my kid my thoughts but let him rip it and tell me what he thought. My mate next door did the wilson and stuck his head over the fence, so i let him rip it and tell me his opinion. So its unanimous, its fast. And 4x4 is semi pointless if regardless of low traction surface like loose dirt or damp grass, on a hit even at a reasonable rate of knots it just wheelies. Wheelies are fun. But the front wheels do nothing when theyre in the air. So none of that 4x4 traction when giving it a bit.
But for me atleast rc is fun. You can be as reckless as you like but not endanger yourself or others as is possible fanging your car on the streets, gives you something to modify at your own leisure if thats your choice. And if you do break something, its not the end of the world.
Its just a hobby and my kids into it. So after letting my kid rip my new car, he showed he could be responsible with extra power. So his 2wd rc monster truck has all the goodies from my old stadium truck, except the brushless motor and speed controller. So i gave him those. His first question was stone faced 'will it make his truck go as fast as my old fast stadium truck?'. His face lit up when i said yes.
And i ran him through a few things. Unlike stock speed controllers, the one i gave him has 11 programmable parameters. I wont nerd out on all that stuff, but after playing with settings you can really dial things in to your personal needs/driving style. And being aftermarket, its universalish. So 2wd/4wd/road/offroad whatever things are different with power delivery etc. But yeah, for me its all a bit of fun.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #3193
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

2021 Challenge complete!

25 days. 3263 pushups completed.

$160 raised for my charity.

3 other team members involved in the challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 25-06-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old 25-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #3194
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been a busy week. I've been hassled almost daily about a cloud migration project (****en paper pushers!) I have no time to work on but finally a solid week working on it and I have sorted most issues.

The problem is we have access to the DB servers now so could log on much as we like to configure stuff manually which would take all of 5 mins.

As part of the migration we are moving to a corporate cluster so now we have a DBA team as a middle man to work with and they don't seem like a lot of chop

The only benefit is they ensure DR and HA but that hasn't been an issue in the 15+ years of this DBs existence

I have been spending all week trying to SQL script all this stuff and have got most of it working but of course one package is still ****ed

Trying to get it documented and the automation sorted to the level I can mic drop the next day and not feel bad about it

So it feels good that I have worked through it all and automated almost all the stuff the other bloke had no time to do and learned a lot.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #3195
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A day without pushups!

But I did go for a run this morning, and got one of my best 5km times in over 12 months I reckon. Wondering if all the core strengthening from the pushups has helped me out a bit. Might have to keep (some of) them up.

Not quite at a 25 minute 5km, but that is my goal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #3196
slowsnake
Banned

Waking up at 5am (normal) and my cats head is trying to burrow between my pillow and doona, sounded like diesel engine, and geez his nose is cold and wet too!...lol...what a way to get up.....

Cheers King Billy
Old 27-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #3197
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…Catching the bloke walking his dog past the front, checking out the young woman jogging in active wear. He looked suitably sheepish!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 08:45 AM   #3198
slowsnake
Banned

Finally off to hospital, yippee, and a young girl aged 40 come to my unit yesterday arvo, was working on my headlight switch, looked like a junkie, she asked me for food for Gods sake!..not money..but said she was hungry and she had a nice shiner to boot!
Asked her in and went through my cupboards, filled a bag or 2 with anything she didn't need to cook, asked if she was living nearby, she said in an old vacant house.
I said is ya partner there, she said yep, I said I will give you a lift as I picked up my pick axe handle near door, she said...no, no he didn't hit me!..well that was my feel good deed, I gave her 3 cartons of longlife milk, and 2 loaves from freezer, I dont need em where I'm going, she thanked me and left.
But she never asked for cash, just some tucker!

Cheers King Billy
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 09:40 PM   #3199
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Protected the wife from peacocks today. I used a stick to look aggressive. Had 2 chickens jump in the van last week so have been on high bird alert.

( some of this may or may not have occurred)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #3200
Kicking back

Especially with the new covid stay at home business, and the limits to anything to do, im still have a great load of fun with my new rc car. So, its fast and a bit of a handfull. But today when the rain let up i ripped it on the grass. It is way more fun in the wet. Still wheelies on command, but theres a bit more slip. The tyres had a bit too much side bite, as in corner too hot and it would flip on dry grass. But in the wet, it slides nicely. Again, in the wet, the brakes are less touchy due to wet tyres and how i like it. Get on it not too hard on the wet concrete and 4wd doughnuts were easily achievable. Get on it on the wet concrete, yeah still wheelies on command. But thats all fun.
So not breaking any rules being on my own property.
But in the wet, it actually utilised 4wd, because just like zee goggles, when the front wheels are in the air they do nothing.
Old 29-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #3201
slowsnake
Banned

Having my cancer cut out, yippee, been on a wait list?...yeh that's what I thought?...18 months....
But I stopped smoking at least, maybe I can afford a little bit better car, or I can put an old 50'- 60' Matchless 500 single as an Avater, we are now both one lungers, lol, hahaha........

Cheers King Billy
Old 29-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #3202
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Africa, um I mean France is out of the European Cup!

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #3203
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PULP is $1.90 here. But locked this last week. Made it to the servo with 3 minutes to spare....great app if you are not already aware!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 12:05 AM   #3204
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Dropped my phone from 1.5m height, face down onto a rough wooden floor this evening. The $45 Otterbox case protected it perfectly - I was both astonished and pleased.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #3205
slowsnake
Banned

Going to have my chest drain removed today, going to make me very happy, lol, 4 days no ciggies, no patches, that's made me happy!..yeehah.....

Cheers King Billy
Old 01-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #3206
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Hang in there.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #3207
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Dropped my phone from 1.5m height, face down onto a rough wooden floor this evening. The $45 Otterbox case protected it perfectly - I was both astonished and pleased.
I had my samsung in Otterbox in my back pocket, tying a load on the trailer and the hook on the other side let go as I gave it a mighty tug.

Fell flat on my tushy onto a rock. Finished up with an undamaged still working phone, but a bruise on my b u m the same shape as the phone.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:25 PM   #3208
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Hang in there.
Will do mate, I am actually at home!...bloody amazing, lung out Monday night, next two days and nights a little vague, lol, that's the meds for you, and I asked could I go home, had a bad ward, noise all night, so spoke to the "team" who didn't want it but I did, I think I heal better at home, lol.

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #3209
slowsnake
Banned

Am not sure what made me feel good today, but I'll take it!...lol

Cheers King Billy
Old 03-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #3210
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I reached another birthday.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides