Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-06-2021, 12:57 AM   #6301
jefg
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, I’ve been a member for a few years now and use the resources of the forum a fair bit. My first post is a question I cannot find the answer anywhere on the web.
I’m hoping someone can answer this.
I’m changing a early XP falcon from a pink resistance wire to a ceramic resistor in the engine bay.
Is there a formula of matching the ohms of the resistor to the ohms of the coil.
They are available between about 1.2 and 1.8 ohms.
I have a few old coils and they vary around 2 ohms and below.
Thanks Jeff
jefg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #6302
Adrogen
Starter Motor

'What is up engine heads!'
Hi everyone, hoping to mooch of all of you legends with lots of questions and tech article reading to keep the fleet going
I've come back into fords now in my 30's (loved them when I was young but went full Toyota for teens and 20's and still can't live without my Landcruiser)

with manufacturing ending I think I'm probably not the only one feeling nostalgia and a feeling like I need to be back in

current rego falcons are my XH 6cyl manual ute (with chongalui trutrak) and my AU XR8 manual ute.

the 'projects' I guess you'd call them haha are; f100 dentside with a 302 clevo, my XE fairmont (have a clevo for it aswell) my AU XLS ute (manual and Windsor) my AU Fairmont ghia (winsdor) have an XF and also a BA wagon, oh and also an AU wagon XR6 mockup and an ED wagon S pack.

So yeah got the clevo, windsor, SOHC and a barra... on the neverending hunt for something with a 460BB (i'll probably never afford :'( )
Adrogen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2021, 11:32 AM   #6303
Adrogen
Starter Motor

almost forgot the XH panno! and my other 2 utes an XF and an XG. plus Dads XY ute
Adrogen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #6304
Bevanh
Starter Motor

Hi all. Joined the forum a couple of weeks back and very impressed with all the information available. So Cheers for that.
Owned Fords all my driving life. Currently have 2004 Territory AWD Barra also my drive car is an EL Fairmont Ghia only a six unfortunately. Looking forward to finding the info needed when required.

Last edited by Bevanh; 14-06-2021 at 05:29 PM. Reason: No name on Terri
Bevanh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #6305
norfolk lifestyle
Starter Motor

Hi all. New member from Norfolk Island. Ford trained mechanic from the 70s but long since retired and now just tinkers. Hire car owner /operator now. Ford connection now only stretches to 94 Mustang soft top as a toy. Great reading forum posts.
norfolk lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #6306
Jimpac
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all. Just joined today as was hoping to find an answer to a problem which has just developed with my 2006 Ford Ranger. After driving intervals of 70 to 100 ks the drive train warning light illuminates and engine power is reduced. After stopping and switch of engine, immediately restart engine the warning light goes out and full engine power is restored, all good for another 70 to 100ks. Wondering if it's a computer problem or some impending transmission problem. Anybody else had any similar problems? Thanks in advance. Jim
Jimpac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2021, 03:27 PM   #6307
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimpac View Post
Hi all. Just joined today as was hoping to find an answer to a problem which has just developed with my 2006 Ford Ranger. After driving intervals of 70 to 100 ks the drive train warning light illuminates and engine power is reduced. After stopping and switch of engine, immediately restart engine the warning light goes out and full engine power is restored, all good for another 70 to 100ks. Wondering if it's a computer problem or some impending transmission problem. Anybody else had any similar problems? Thanks in advance. Jim
Hi Jim and welcome to AFF. The best people to ask would be in the Ranger section.................

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=416
Old 20-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #6308
robricho
Starter Motor

Gday to all,
Just bought a XR6 and was hoping to find out any tips or tricks or any helpfull info on my car. Looking forward to having alook through this forum.
robricho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2021, 11:23 PM   #6309
manny001
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,

Manny from Perth here, I own a 2006 BF Fairmont & hoping to learn how to upgrade my ride.
Future plans, extractors, 2.5" exhaust & new tyres & to resolve minor issues.
manny001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #6310
A.J
Starter Motor

Hi All.
First time Ford owner here, 2019 Wildtrack bi-turbo, great car, save for a few electrical gremlins that Ford are having issues with. Hope to get a few tips and tricks from the Ranger section.
Cheers
A.J
A.J is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #6311
Less Ter
Starter Motor

Gday all!

I have a 2014 PX XLT 3.2l auto 4x4 Ranger. Looking forward to some tips and tricks, specs etc. I’ve had an issue with vibrations around 80k-100kish and have finally sorted it today so I will share my learnings.

Cheers
Less Ter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #6312
Gerry
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone, just scored a EL Fairmont Ghia 5.0 litre. Will be repainting and going through the mechanicals as soon as I get time. My daily is a BA RTV 6cyl and 5 speed manual
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #6313
Varden
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone.

I recently purchased a 1977 XC Ford Falcon sedan 351c, C4 auto after a twenty year absence from the blue oval and I'm in the process of fixing it up to put back on the road. My first car was a Ford and I've had many Fords large and small, the last one prior to this XC was an XB coupe I owned way back before kids and homeloans when coupes could still be found in wrecking yards and a mint one would cost you $10k.

I'm looking forward to starting a build thread and asking questions!
Varden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #6314
condogcu
Starter Motor

Talking Pk Ranger central locking gremlins

Hi all,
Ive got gremlins in my pk 2011 ranger xlt cetral locking, cycling on/off intermittently while driving or keys out. Sparky diagnosed dead central locking module so replced that....ouch.$$$. Still not fixed. Have pulled the relay out now so can lock with key only.
Any tips please?
Cheers Condogcu
condogcu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #6315
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Pk Ranger central locking gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by condogcu View Post
Hi all,
Ive got gremlins in my pk 2011 ranger xlt cetral locking, cycling on/off intermittently while driving or keys out. Sparky diagnosed dead central locking module so replced that....ouch.$$$. Still not fixed. Have pulled the relay out now so can lock with key only.
Any tips please?
Cheers Condogcu
Hi Condogcu and welcome to AFF.

Have you tried looking in the Ranger Forums?

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=417
Old 26-06-2021, 04:45 PM   #6316
condogcu
Starter Motor

Yes Gasolane have tried https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11487436 , any other tips? cheers Condogcu
Old 26-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #6317
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by condogcu View Post
Yes Gasolane have tried https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11487436 , any other tips? cheers Condogcu
Only that you start a thread in there, someone may have come across this before.
Old 29-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #6318
tricky
Starter Motor

hi all newby here got a 98 explorer 4.0 sohc, love the old girl, hate the motor stupid design for timing chains, not game to try and replace myself, looking for a good mechanic to replace them, or a reco motor, live on central coast any ideas??? its still driveable so sydney or newcastles ok any held greatly appreciated cheersMick
tricky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #6319
condogcu
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Pk Ranger central locking gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Only that you start a thread in there, someone may have come across this before.
Thanks GasoLane, will do
Old 30-06-2021, 11:16 AM   #6320
Shane Martin
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my name is Shane I currently own 4 fords 93 Capri 01 falcon Ute 08 falcon wagon 14 fg falcon ute all factory gas except the Capri have been driving 01 ute factory gas for 20 years and have found it to perform well and efficiently and to be reliable. I'm looking to sell 01 Ute and 08 wagon for the right price both in A1 condition?
Shane Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2021, 11:50 PM   #6321
Paulwallaby
Starter Motor

Hi, I'm Paul. Recently bought a 2004 BA XR8 260 5spd. Stock standard apart from Uni-filter and some gauges on top of dash. I love the car. Previously owned BA and BF 6cyl Falcons and BF Fairlane 6cyl. Planning to keep the XR8 as it's a 1 owner car and well looked after. Has high mileage but still tight and great to drive.
I wonder if anyone has suggestions for a good gearbox (TR3650?) oil and additives if required?
Also time to replace rear shocks and springs I think. Have used Pedders springs before but what do you guys think?
Cheers.
Paulwallaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #6322
tejmar
Starter Motor

Gday All,

Im helping a mate get his ZC Fairlane running and came across this site. Looks realky good with heaps of technical information available. Anyway, wish me luck, this car he's restoring has'nt been started for some 5 odd years. A "former" mate of his has dismantled the ignition, removed the dizzy.

Rog.
tejmar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #6323
HULKFGF6
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

HI ALL
Iam looking for some info on wiring in a
speedo drive to a ba falcon ecu and trans
using a au rear section with the transducer.
iam having trouble working out the wireing and the pin out on the ecu
with voltage to the unit..
it is in a f100 old truck
any help would be good thanks agin
HULKFGF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #6324
Shane Martin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Martin View Post
Hi my name is Shane I currently own 4 fords 93 Capri 01 falcon Ute 08 falcon wagon 14 fg falcon ute all factory gas except the Capri have been driving 01 ute factory gas for 20 years and have found it to perform well and efficiently and to be reliable. I'm looking to sell 01 Ute and 08 wagon for the right price both in A1 condition?
anyone interested in a photo or a chat of either car email me @ stmfencing@gmail.com
Shane Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #6325
blue xa
Starter Motor

Hi all my name is Pete. After confirmation by Mark Barraclough (GT Historian) I now know that the xa coupe in my garage is the only xa coupe produced in Rothmans Blue and it jst so happens to be an RPO 83. Yes it lives!!!! BUt I dont have the original engine. Mark has done a search to see if the engine is being used currently in a registered vehicle to no avail. I need some advice on the best way to try to track down this donk if at all possible. Maybe it still exists maybe it doesnt but Ive at least gotta try to find it. Cheers Pete
blue xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #6326
HMC

G'Day all

First a confession: I don't currently own a Ford. I used to, however, many decades ago in a different age and continent.

Recently have been bitten by a strong desire to own a ute, so have recently placed an order on a new Ranger XLT. But, with the world as it at the moment, I'm told it's not going to be arriving anytime soon.

Thought I'd sign up to the forums and do some research while I anxiously await the start of Ranger ownership.

Currently, a two-Toyota owner, but both fairly new ones. But hoping to replace both of them with Fords. One will be the Ranger and thinking of an SZ Territory for the partner. But, what's likely going to happen (I can see it in my mind now) is that the partner will "steal" the Ranger each morning forcing me to take the Territory.

Advice for or against either vehicle choice is welcomed.

Regards

HMC
HMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #6327
Xr8panda
Starter Motor

Hey all

My names Joel I currently own an 09 fg xr8 and have a long history with fords, I've owned an eb xr8, an ed falcon and a eb falcon with the abs. My history started with an xy gs fairmont dad used to own and my love grew from there also have a 68 gt mustang in the family aswell I'm glad to be here, dad and I are going to look to rebuild the 5.4 over the next year or two maybe just fully restore the car so any tips and advice would be awesome. Excited to be apart of this community maybe join a car club to eventually.
Xr8panda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #6328
chopnchange
Chop Chop

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey, what a great forum... I am in the process of setting up a project build, to install a Barra 6, into a Mk1 Ford Capri.

I've done some research on the engine, and I will be keen to pick peoples brains to workout an optimal driveline solution rated for approx 800hp. I will build the engine with an aim of 600hp in output by adding a turbo to the mix. The ideal transmission would be a 6 speed manual.

At this point, I have got the Capri (1973 GXL), and a new workshop is going up, so the next step will be to finalise the driveline for the project, and to dive into the project build itself.

Cheers
chopnchange is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2021, 09:28 PM   #6329
20SR01
Starter Motor

Hi All,

I have a 2001 Ford Laser SR, looking to get some help on roofracks for it. Genuine or the universal?

It's nothing special but I need some to stop trying to fit it all inside.

Thanks for any help
20SR01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #6330
SlaminSam
Starter Motor

Hiya,

I have a Ford AU1 on the way I have bought off a one owner since new. Paid a little bit for it but it's got a full service history and in very good nick.

I've had a few fords in the family, but only one of my own. I sold my BF XR6T a few yrs ago. Great car.

Anyway look forward to all the input and guidance on here.

Cheers
SlaminSam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post