Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2021, 03:27 PM   #481
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Default Re: Cav's Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
The other half the time, he has no idea where he is.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
Might have forgotten has has been to the Bakery 6 times this week also
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2021, 04:54 PM   #482
DaveD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I forgot to put the ute in the carport and now it's covered in dew!

Moist
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #483
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
Moist
Fresh

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #484
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Found this today, en route to collect a Rozelle Bakery sourdough loaf:

https://www.cavandcocafe.com.au/

I think the Cavinator needs to pay a visit and remind them of “obligations” (pizzo) upon use of his globally recognised moniker.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2021, 05:58 PM   #485
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Many of youse ugly people know that my amazing good looks hide a darker side of me, myself and I.

I am a jungle trained killer. That means when I plan stuff, failure is not an option.

This leads me to the FG stereo system.

Now it has Bluetooth, but only for phone calls, no playing both types of music, you know, country and western.

It does have an Apple thingy though.

Now these went out with the arc.

I connected up an adapter because my wife has one of dem fruit phones and it may connect music, or what she loosely terms music.

Yeah, nup, no work.

But wait, there's more.

I found an old iPad thingy back in my silly daze when I had an Apple music stuff.

I connected it up and bingo it worked!

Hey lookatdat. Some old tunes I had from way back. I tried to load some newer stuff but the disk was full.

Doncha hate that?

Now I didn't want to lose those old tunes so I hit upon another youbeaut idea

I had one of those Sony Walkman that I forgot I had. I found it when looking for some cables amongst my entangled cable drawer.

This is it.

So I plugged the cable into the headphone slot and bingo - music. Oh hang on, it's only coming outa driver's side speakers. A twidle with the cable had it fixed. Music!

And you wanna know what else?. I had one of those multiple socket thingies and on the end was a USB input - I could play tunes and charge the Walkman at the same time.

I told youse I don't give up.

But wait a minute. As I drove down the street, the Walkman was bouncing around creating static, so I plugged it into the USB port - and the result - LOUD STATIC!

OK so I phoned pestered friends on here and I got an old phone that I could use as a music player, bloody thing was useless. So I got another phone. It was useless too!

The problem was an intermittent signal - but how can it be the same on three music thingies.

So I read up on it.

Bloody hell I needed a TRSS cable like this

SEXSESS!

It's a cabling nightmare but it works, I have a gazillion MB little SD card in it so I have lots of great songs on it to impress the chicks with as I drive downtown Yappoon with my windows open and my sunnies on.

Oh and I have other tastes in music besides C&W

Have you heard of the REO bros?

[IMG]QzpC5HOhsN0[/IMG]

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2021, 06:02 PM   #486
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTOR CAKALOT View Post
Many of youse ugly people know that my amazing good looks hide a darker side of me, myself and I.

I am a jungle trained killer. That means when I plan stuff, failure is not an option.

Now it has Bluetooth, but only for phone calls, no playing both types of music, you know, country and western.

I connected up an adapter because my wife has one of dem fruit phones and it may connect music, or what she loosely terms music.

Yeah, nup, no work.

But wait, there's more.

I found an old iPad thingy back in my silly daze when I had an Apple music stuff.

Hey lookatdat. Some old tunes I had from way back. I tried to load some newer stuff but the disk was full.

Doncha hate that?

I had one of those Sony Walkman that I forgot I had. I found it when looking for some cables amongst my entangled cable drawer.

This is it.

So I plugged the cable into the headphone slot and bingo - music. Oh hang on, it's only coming outa driver's side speakers. A twidle with the cable had it fixed. Music!

And you wanna know what else?. I had one of those multiple socket thingies and on the end was a USB input - I could play tunes and charge the Walkman at the same time.

But wait a minute. As I drove down the street, the Walkman was bouncing around creating static, so I plugged it into the USB port - and the result - LOUD STATIC!

OK so I phoned pestered friends on here and I got an old phone that I could use as a music player, bloody thing was useless. So I got another phone. It was useless too!

The problem was an intermittent signal - but how can it be the same on three music thingies.

So I read up on it.

SEXSESS!

It's a cabling nightmare but it works, I have a gazillion MB little SD card in it so I have lots of great songs on it to impress the chicks with as I drive downtown Yappoon with my windows open and my sunnies on.

Oh dear
Old 03-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #487
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Yeah, nup, no work.

But wait, there's more.

Doncha hate that?

This is it.

So I read up on it.

SEXSESS!

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2021, 06:18 PM   #488
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yoooose youngins with ya electromatronic gizmonic playin thingamjigs
its tha devils stuff and tha devils musics ya playing with ya hoodiliums
god helper us all for we be punished wit dis crazyness

next yoose be in to one of dem pitcure boxess things wit them little peoples inside in dar

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #489
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:

Yeah, nup, no work.

But wait, there's more.

Doncha hate that?

This is it.

So I read up on it.

SEXSESS!

Needs work.
A whole lotta work!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #490
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cavinator
Yes, they’re Māori steel fixers, aren’t they?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2021, 08:39 PM   #491
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

what ya doing with KITT ! ?
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #492
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go into the kitchen drawer where your wife keeps all the garbage bags and stuff.
Knock off some of her little ties and you can use them to keep your cables nice and neat.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #493
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Just got Shannon's renewal insurance on the 2008 FG XR6 ute

Agreed value $17,000

I asked them to have another look at the value and I quoted CarSales.

39 FG XR6 utes for sale ranging in price from $42,000 (9,000 km) to $11,450 (271,000kms) while most are seeking $21,000 with 92,000 km.

Mine has 67,000 km, is in mint condition driven only a couple of times a week and is owned by a good lookin' 72 year old chick magnet.

Any idea what agreed value they will come back with?
Old 29-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #494
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They should have been able to say yea or nay on the spot.
I just increased the renewal agreed value on my CV8 from $33K to $45K using Carsales as a reference, while acknowledging it is a dreamers paradise.
Cost me about 10mins on the phone and $8 per month.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 06:33 PM   #495
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Just got the call from Shannons, increased to $20,000

Premium increase $15 year.
8 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 11:39 PM   #496
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Winning on that price
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 07:09 AM   #497
Loonar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought i'd best pop this one here as well, just for you Cav..

Loonar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #498
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been on the forums too much - I had a dream about this ute last night.
Didnt end well, Sorry Cav.
You were in front of me, the road narrowed and my front left clipped your right rear. It was wet and the blue ute spun 360 (eloquently of course) hitting the low concrete barrier on our right. Damage to the front and rear. We pulled over and you were not pleased.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #499
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
I've been on the forums too much - I had a dream about this ute last night.
The scarier thing is you've been having dreams about Cav.
Old 30-09-2021, 06:43 PM   #500
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
The scarier thing is you've been having dreams about Cav.
If I'd have thought about it like that, I never would have posted
Old 30-09-2021, 10:01 PM   #501
slowsnake
Banned

This is just for you Cav, so stop whining about cats on "show us ya pets"

Cheers Billy the cat man
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #502
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Miss Penny wouldn't hop in LHG until I washed and polished it

Two days later ....

Old 10-02-2022, 11:56 PM   #503
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Miss Penny wouldn't hop in LHG until I washed and polished it

Two days later ....

All ready for gecko crap
Old 11-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #504
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
All ready for gecko crap
And fruit bat crap, carpet snake dung.....

RTV Power
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #505
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just got the call from Shannons, increased to $20,000

Premium increase $15 year.

Reckon you might want to ask the question again Cav.
Shannons put a number well higher than 20k on my BA XR8 ute around Xmas time.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #506
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Reckon you might want to ask the question again Cav.
Shannons put a number well higher than 20k on my BA XR8 ute around Xmas time.
Yeah, well, the XR8 is worth something.
Something more than a barra6, 5speed auto, tradies ute.

RTV Power
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2022, 09:50 PM   #507
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Yeah, well, the XR8 is worth something.
Something more than a bog standard, run of the mill, common or garden, barra6, 5speed auto, tradies ute.
You missed a couple of things
Old 12-02-2022, 10:08 PM   #508
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
You missed a couple of things
Yes, I was trying to let him down ............ gently..

RTV Power
4 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2022, 10:59 AM   #509
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Just had the auto selector thingy fixed by a local mobile mechanic and now I need a new muffler.

All from a 1500km round trip to Brisbane on Pluckachook's crap roads.

It sounds tuff though.

I may go and do a few laps of the main street accelerating up and down to impress the chicks, just like the old days.
Old 13-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #510
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just had the auto selector thingy fixed by a local mobile mechanic and now I need a new muffler.

All from a 1500km round trip to Brisbane on Pluckachook's crap roads.

It sounds tuff though.

I may go and do a few laps of the main street accelerating up and down to impress the chicks, just like the old days.
Well don't have your 2 favourite types of music blaring
(Country & Western), try some Barry White, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar
8 users like this post: