Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2021, 08:03 PM   #11521
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
The vic booking portal is finally up, just in time when no more 1st dose pfizer bookings are being taken

Still, you can make your 2nd bookings or AZ bookings.

https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/
I tried booking my Pfizer vaccination online last night.

Got right to the end and I couldn't select a date or time as the fields were greyed out and the mouse didn't function when hovering over them anyway.

No worries. I'll just go back and change to a different venue I thought?

Nope, couldn't. Was locked in to the same.

Will try again tonight. Was busy all day so couldn't call the number.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 15-06-2021, 08:37 PM   #11522
slowsnake
Banned

I am 68 years old and have major issues with my pulmonary health, I have so far refused the Astra Zeneca vaccine 5 times because I favour Pfizer.
It is my personal choice, I have to have major pulmonary surgery very soon, 2 weeks ago they said within 6 weeks.

If I go to surgery "half cooked" with first dose AZ I think I will be at risk of more than Covid-19.
But if I have Pfizer tomorrow and 2nd dose in 3 weeks before surgery, then I think my chances are a lot better going in fully cooked than half cooked?
By the looks of it I am going to surgery unvaccinated!...and hospitals are the biggest carriers of a multitude of illnesses and viruses, but I will refuse AZ at least until I recover from surgery, may take up to 12 months!
And that's my decision, but not my choice, I choose only Pfizer for the reasons stated above!...

Cheers King Billy
Old 15-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #11523
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Well, that didn’t take long - police in one Australian state acquiring supposedly protected QR data, because it suited them:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...data/100201340
4 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2021, 10:23 PM   #11524
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I tried booking my Pfizer vaccination online last night........
Were you doing first or second? System may have cracked the sads if you tried to do a first.

When I logged in I found that they had registered some of my details incorrectly, like date of birth. Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Well, that didn’t take long - police in one Australian state acquiring supposedly protected QR data, because it suited them:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...data/100201340
Dan the man used this an excuse for the delayed roll out in Vic, said something about needing to dot the I's and cross the T's to ensure that data was protected and would not be used for any other reasons than covid contract tracing.

Interesting conundrum. If the victim was someone you knew, how would you feel about authorities using the available info to potentially track down the killer? I'm still undecided.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #11525
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
…Interesting conundrum. If the victim was someone you knew, how would you feel about authorities using the available info to potentially track down the killer? I'm still undecided.
Either a law stands and is applied equally, or we should not have it. This is the problem many of us have with Covid-affected events such as the Australian Prime Minister’s current overseas travel.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:51 PM   #11526
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I'm not particularly undecided, I hate it how criminals can't seem to think one-move ahead and how it may affect the innocent... So here we have the cops putting us at risk, because the crim's are now wise to it.
Old 15-06-2021, 10:51 PM   #11527
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Either a law stands and is applied equally, or we should not have it. This is the problem many of us have with Covid-affected events such as the Australian Prime Minister’s current overseas travel.
That I agree. Just checked the vic check in app and this is what's in the T&C....hmmmm. It says the "Privacy law" requires the data to be made available. The privacy law is a federal act.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 15-06-2021, 11:00 PM   #11528
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I think you could drive a double-decker bus through the holes in that. Very disappointing.

As a general “news watching” comment, I think the sense of relevance/appeal/urgency has well and truly evaporated from the interplay between Covid journalism and consumers. It’s becoming a pro-forma plod.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-06-2021, 11:08 PM   #11529
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think you could drive a double-decker bus through the holes in that. Very disappointing.

As a general “news watching” comment, I think the sense of relevance/appeal/urgency has well and truly evaporated from the interplay between Covid journalism and consumers. It’s becoming a pro-forma plod.
You've raised an interesting point. I'll check with our data privacy officer and see what his interpretation is. The T&Cs is long, and that is just one sub-section. Sometimes you have to read these things in their entirety to comprehend "the law".
Old 16-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #11530
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Services NSW App T&Cs specifically state it will only be used within NSW Health and will be destroyed after 28 days. But Services NSW's T&Cs mention that information (collected from anywhere) could be forced to be shared with law enforcement. Hmmm.. I guess that's as good as it will get.

Anyhoo, I subscribe to the adage that if you're not doing anything wrong they you've got nothing to worry about.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #11531
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Services NSW App T&Cs specifically state it will only be used within NSW Health and will be destroyed after 28 days. But Services NSW's T&Cs mention that information (collected from anywhere) could be forced to be shared with law enforcement. Hmmm.. I guess that's as good as it will get.

Anyhoo, I subscribe to the adage that if you're not doing anything wrong they you've got nothing to worry about.
Yeah sucks to be a crim and have some evidence used against you.

Yes yes I hear cries of over reach and invasion of privacy. Pro Tip: dont think about killing people
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 16-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #11532
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

Agree… I mean look at mobile phones able to pinpoint everywhere you go (even turned off?)
Nothing to hide?… Who cares
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 16-06-2021, 10:00 AM   #11533
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeah sucks to be a crim and have some evidence used against you.

Yes yes I hear cries of over reach and invasion of privacy. Pro Tip: dont think about killing people
I am ok with authorities using whatever they need in certain circumstances. Murders, abductions etc.

The bit I don't like is in Vics terms outlining "to protect public revenue".

I do a lot of work with software dev people at work, and they are good at writing code, but nearly always have no idea about the operation processes the code supports. This is where data matching ends up in disasters like the Feds Robodebt. This provides even more data for poor AI to screw up with.

This was meant to be for contact tracing only, if what T3rminator posted "Dan the man used this an excuse for the delayed roll out in Vic, said something about needing to dot the I's and cross the T's to ensure that data was protected and would not be used for any other reasons than covid contract tracing" is true and we ended up with the exceptions posted, there is not an I or T sorted out at all. It is basically an information free for all for government departments.

p.s., I pay all my taxes, my issue with Robodebt (it didn't affect me or anyone I know by the way) was the presumption of guilt via data, and having to fight to get money back if it was wrong.

3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #11534
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I am ok with authorities using whatever they need in certain circumstances. Murders, abductions etc.

The bit I don't like is in Vics terms outlining "to protect public revenue".

I do a lot of work with software dev people at work, and they are good at writing code, but nearly always have no idea about the operation processes the code supports. This is where data matching ends up in disasters like the Feds Robodebt. This provides even more data for poor AI to screw up with.

This was meant to be for contact tracing only, if what T3rminator posted "Dan the man used this an excuse for the delayed roll out in Vic, said something about needing to dot the I's and cross the T's to ensure that data was protected and would not be used for any other reasons than covid contract tracing" is true and we ended up with the exceptions posted, there is not an I or T sorted out at all. It is basically an information free for all for government departments.

p.s., I pay all my taxes, my issue with Robodebt (it didn't affect me or anyone I know by the way) was the presumption of guilt via data, and having to fight to get money back if it was wrong.

Yep, I specifically remember him saying it at one of the pressers when he was pressed on why Services Victoria had not rolled out their QR system.

So our DPA officer at work mentioned that these "weasle" T&Cs have been occuring since the etag and myki days. When people become more aware, they might be less inclined to use it, which becomes counter intuitive. He is so waiting for the day they start data matching sales info with check in info, and robofine breachers.
Old 16-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #11535
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

“The Axiom ‘Honest men have nothing to fear from the police’ is currently under review by the Axioms Review Board.”

- Terry Pratchett - Men At Arms
Old 16-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #11536
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

All well and good, until they keep pushing it to the point where they become just like the CCP, and privacy no longer exists.

Governments do not need to be sticking their noses into the business of it's citizens just living their lives.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2021, 04:46 PM   #11537
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 15th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

10 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.006%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.960% and active cases 27.

The UK had a lower 7,587 cases yesterday and 10 deaths.

14,499 new cases in the USA yesterday and 299 deaths sees CMR at 1.792%.

Other notable points:

Cuba (1,537);
Mongolia (2,386); and
Zambia (2,690)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and South Korea drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #11538
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

“The Axiom ‘Honest men have nothing to fear from the police’ is currently under review by the Axioms Review Board.”

- Terry Pratchett - Men At Arms
Wasn't there a case when the NSW safetycam caught a murderer who denied he was in NSW when the crime was committed.

Old 16-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #11539
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Wasn't there a case when the NSW safetycam caught a murderer who denied he was in NSW when the crime was committed.
Awesome appropriate use of tech. All for this.

But if I buy a souvlaki for cash every Saturday night from a van at in a service station forecourt at two in the morning, I don't want some lazy data matching deciding that I am a suspect in a money laundering scheme because I checked in there all the time.

4 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #11540
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Bondi zombie alert; here we go, here we go, here we go…
Old 16-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #11541
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #11542
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Awesome appropriate use of tech. All for this.

But if I buy a souvlaki for cash every Saturday night from a van at in a service station forecourt at two in the morning, I don't want some lazy data matching deciding that I am a suspect in a money laundering scheme because I checked in there all the time.
Yes, my point being where does it stop between our 2 examples.

Old 17-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #11543
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My cynical streak is wondering if this current pair of Eastern Sydney Covidites carry a version of the “absolute beast” strain that infected Mr and Mrs Grillman a few weeks back. Yet failed to transmit to anybody else around…

Either way, my selfish streak can see my upcoming tow/road trip delayed yet again.
Old 17-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #11544
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tout suite ...

Old 17-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #11545
slowsnake
Banned

It really is a very strange illness, seems to target certain folk, or individuals whilst missing others!

I think someone should design a full body cover, from head to toe, with maybe a small mesh screen for the eyes, I reckon you'd make a mint with a design like that!

I still reckon it travels around on ozone!...well its everywhere so why not.

Cheers King Billy
Old 17-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #11546
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 16th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.005%.

2 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.959% and active cases 23.

The UK had a higher 8,809 cases yesterday and 9 deaths.

13,028 new cases in the USA yesterday and 360 deaths sees CMR at 1.792%.

Other notable points:
South America passes 31M cases;

Mongolia (2,395); and
Zambia (3,026)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

South Africa moves above the 90th percentile for their 10 day
average and Angola drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-06-2021, 12:25 PM   #11547
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My cynical streak is wondering if this current pair of Eastern Sydney Covidites carry a version of the “absolute beast” strain that infected Mr and Mrs Grillman a few weeks back. Yet failed to transmit to anybody else around…

Either way, my selfish streak can see my upcoming tow/road trip delayed yet again.
Just in time for school holidays too. When and where is the next state of origin?

I don't follow NSW news much, but just heard a tidbit that NSW police might be investigating the driver. What has he done to warrant an investigation?
Old 17-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #11548
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

So… NSW is at three-four cases as of half midday today. The Hills District one might well be a false positive - a possibility already on the table.
Old 17-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #11549
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
So… NSW is at three-four cases as of half midday today. The Hills District one might well be a false positive - a possibility already on the table.
Will be interesting to see the containment measures, hopefully nothing to OTT and then test and control..show Vic it is possible to not shut the whole place down.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #11550
slowsnake
Banned

My neighbour has finally come home to Perth, she was in Geelong and she is now under quarantine at home for 14 days!
Good to have her home, I told her being a Centrelink customer and in full home quarantine, she is entitled to claim a Covid-19 payment to help cover her personal costs, food deliveries and medicines!

Its a one off payment, singles get about $450.00, anyone struggling can apply for it.

Cheers King Billy
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread