Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Night Speed Drag Wars 2020/2021

Hi all.

Over here in NZ we have a series called "Night Speed Drag Wars" (NSDW). It runs from about October until mid April.

Various classes:

C7 Pro Street
C1 Turbo Four Wheel Drive
C2 Turbo Two Wheel Drive
C3 All Motor
C4 V8s
C5 Bikes
C6 Dyo

Rules are pretty simple - some of the standard ones are:

All classes cannot run faster than 11.000 (except for the newly introduced C7 which can run down to 10.000 as long as the drive has a racing license, the car is tech'd or caged or both).
All vehicles must have a current WOF and Rego.
Driver has to wear a helmet and closed shoes.
No passengers
Must have bonnet

That's pretty much it - all classes except DYO are heads up (first across the finish line wins, as long as you don't break out, red light, cross the center line etc). There other rules like rotaries need a scatter guard etc etc - but basically if your car is road legal - you can compete. Drag radials are permitted but not full slicks.

I race in C2 - turbo 2WD - I had a few nemesis's including an RX7 who ran a 10.7 and got kicked out (not allowed faster than 11.000) but my biggest were a 1981 Mazda 323 wagon with a turbo'd rotary making around 450hp, and an R32 Skyline with a LOT of power - I don't know exactly how much - but he traps 130mph even when only doing an 11.6 for example....

End of the season and I placed 3rd in my full trim FGX XR6T.

Pretty stocked with that for a family car to come 3rd against a fairly big field. 87 cars in total in my class - admittedly a lot only did 1 or 2 nights.

They held a a fun day this Sat for the Comp series and then Sunday for the NSDW series - where you can take passengers either day.

I went in a 2010 GT Falcon as a passenger and we did a 10.4 - holy sh*t. Never been in anything so fast. Un-real - full trim street car too!

I then went for a ride in the 323 wagon - wow - what a rocket ship! Guy was a legend and took about 20 people for rides that day - maybe more haha.

I managed a new PB in my car of 11.515 @ 121.46

My Mrs raced my car and did an 11.7 - which was awesome as I was along side in her FGX XR8 doing a 12.4 (bone stock - just exhaust and Hoosier drag radials) and watching her fly by in my car was so cool to see! Was also cool to see the tyre wrinkling the whole way down the track. Not seen that before! Wish I got a video of that!

Got a few vids.
Here’s the Mrs racing my silver XR6T and me racing her white XR8 side by side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7T_bnfHhDU

And here’s a little skid I did at the end of the day. Unfortunately my rear dash cam thing didn’t record the audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmgVXRHTbo

https://ibb.co/9hSvrmh][/url]

https://ibb.co/djd1jMp][/url]
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: