Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Europe GPS Maps for Mio's

Hey all

Does anyone know if you can buy/download maps on SD card for either a Mio c310 or c520T for Italy, France and UK AND if they will work?

Been googling some forums and sites and there is no real clear answer. The c310's especially seem to be 'locked' to country of sale and even another map bought legitimately can't be used. This is despite Mio telling me different before I bought it. I have access to a newer c520T if I can get my old man to swap for a month if they are easier to use overseas.

Just trying to gather some first hand experiences before I lay down up to 170 Euro for something that won't work.

Any ideas welcome. At this stage I am thinking the safest would just be to buy a Euro spec GPS from ebay in the UK or something, then sell it after. Seems a waste though when half the reason I bought my current Aussie GPS was to take it overseas!

Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll sell you my p550 if you want. used for a whopping 3 days. its a PDA and GPS all in one unit.

as for your's, i am pretty sure from when i was researching that model (C310) is locked to country of sale, thats what turned me away from it.

not too sure on the c520t
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, pity I only asked Mio tech support before I bought it and not anyone else. They confirmed by email that I could get Europe maps for it, but now they are not so sure. It was only when looking at GPS forums overseas that it now looks unlikely.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Not sure on that one, I used my TomTom in Europe, as they are a Dutch company they have maps for everything.

Have you tried the mio website at all ?, or the place you got it from ?