Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party / Lobby Group

What do these guys actually stand for? Finally, Looks like something I would definitely put down as number one. Still remember last election where none of the options looked remotely interesting to me, like Australian Sex Party and Austalian Shooting Party, both boring and unproductive activities
Old 26-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #32
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Comment from Keith Littler:

There's been plenty of activity regarding yesterday's targeting of the Downshift event at Rocklea by police and transport, and I have to admit that when I arrived home last night, I was still too angry to make a public comment. There was a similar incident in Victoria, too, and a targeting of motorcycle riders in NSW. We are currently gathering information about all of these matters, and anyone who was caught up in these events, regardless of whether you were issued with an infringement, we encourage you to contact us via a PM with the details, photos, anything you feel relevant.

Today I have asked Queensland Premier Campbell Newman for a response to our concerns as a community to what was openly admitted by some of the police officers as a targeted operation against those who chose to attend the event, as have many others. Even though there are many thousands of responses and comments against these collective posts, we are yet to see a satisfactory answer from Campbell Newman, other than his suggestion to Matyas, the Downshift promoter, to complain to the police Crime and Misconduct Commission

It’s time to take action. It’s time to have our voice heard; to have our concerns listened to. Are we to remain easy targets for vote-winning legislation and over-zealous enforcement which can only be described as discriminatory?

We HAVE to unite. If we want to see our culture preserved for ourselves and for our children, we need to come together as one and say enough!

We have had discussion with the Australian Confederation of Motor Clubs with regard to our strategy and intend on lodging a request under our Right to Information to gather all relevant details about this well planned targeting of an organised event. We have also communicated with several media outlets about the incident, though we won’t be holding our breath about support from that sector.

We are encouraging everyone to write to the Premier, their Local Member, the Police Minister, the Transport Minister, the Police Commissioner, plus anyone else they feel inclined to write to. Grunt Files is currently in the process of drafting a letter which will be posted online tomorrow, and for those who feel so inclined, feel free to download it as-is, or modify it to suit your own argument. Imagine if we get tens of thousands of letters posted out - they may not listen, but they will certainly know we're not happy.

Motoring Enthusiast and Proud…

Vote 1 Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party for the Senate
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #33
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by our police force.

To target what is essentially a political rally with the aim of discouraging participation is verging on a police state. I was wavering with my vote in the senate but this has completely made my mind up.

I will also be writing to my local state member and police minister to voice my feelings on this.

Pathetic.....
Old 27-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #34
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
How is this thread still open? Bring up Liberal or Labor and its shut down ASAP.
Because this effects us where as most people I talk too in car circles couldn't care less about a baby bonus or gay marriage, they just want to be able to drive around minding their own business without fear of being targeted by police.

These guys need to get some stickers made up or something to help get the word out and maybe work on their google hits. Just suggestions.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Last edited by Dash_XR; 27-08-2013 at 09:06 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

http://youtu.be/VFZfun86c8o

This also happens throughout the week at various suburbs on the Gold Coast ...
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #36
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This whole thing is so reminiscent of the days when Joe Bjekle Peterson was in power.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #37
Wise
DWF00N

Forgive me if I am being ignorant here, but how will this party affect change from winning a seat in the election?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge issues at a federal level are often ignored by state level governments. It has always been up to the state governments discretion if it actually listens to the federel level of government.

The police are employed at a state level. So NSW, VIC and QLD officers, for example, are given their instructions and tasks as directed by the big boss in their state.

A federal level of government can put pressure on state authorities, but at the end of the day, they don't have to listen.

The issues that are coming up seem to be more of a state level in terms of police targeting specific events and blocking access to and from venues to conduct defect checks and emissions tests. VIC has lead the way with the rules, QLD is now attempting to one up them, and NSW is just tagging along for the ride from what I can see

Now for sale - 30k
Old 27-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #38
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
The issues that are coming up seem to be more of a state level in terms of police targeting specific events and blocking access to and from venues to conduct defect checks and emissions tests. VIC has lead the way with the rules, QLD is now attempting to one up them, and NSW is just tagging along for the ride from what I can see
It is true that this is more of a state based issued and I imagine that the AMEP will also contest state seats next election.

One point that you may have missed is that the Rocklea event was also a political rally. It was organised to show support for the AMEP and to get the message out.

For the police to target this meeting is the same as having them target the LNP party launch or a trade union meeting. The action of the police was to discourage people attending these meetings in the future.

I am ****ed off beyond words at what they have done. This morning I have donated to the AMEP and I have also written to the QLD police minister and my local member.
Old 27-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #39
Wise
DWF00N

Oh I didn't know it was associated to the AMEP, I thought it was a forum type meet.

I would love to see them contest some state seats and just get a voice in parliament at a level that can have some input into the rules and regulations that we have to abode by at a state level

Now for sale - 30k
Old 27-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #40
Road Games

My missus is doing the city to bridge fun run this weekend i will ask her to keep an eye out because surely the poolice will be targetting jaywalkers ?

Won't they ??
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #41
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZfu...ature=youtu.be

There is the video they put up on youtube of the police harassment.

Imagine if they rocked up to the big gay and lesbian party in Sydney and hassled people? Or showed up to a Mosque and started hassling there? It wouldn't be OK then would it?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

donkey vote if i'm not mistaken, and you are giving your vote to the incumbent party (the party currently in power), so i would not be giving away a vote.
Old 28-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #43
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But they're all donkeys..
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

6 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #44
Spinner77

Quote:
Imagine if they rocked up to the big gay and lesbian party in Sydney and hassled people? Or showed up to a Mosque and started hassling there? It wouldn't be OK then would it?
Have to laugh!

But be careful, Big Damo - before you know it, Inspector Knacker of the Thought Squad will be knocking on your door!
3 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #45
monte.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8 View Post
This whole thing is so reminiscent of the days when Joe Bjekle Peterson was in power.
I dont know if you were around in those days but the main road minister was Russ Hinze ,now he was responsible for us to get rego for our hot rods under the asrf ,he was was a bit bent but he was approachable and would listen to a good argument and would help if he could .This sort of police and transport dept harassment is just not called for ,but at the end of the day if the cars are legal there is nothing they can do to stop you attending an event like this ,good luck to the motorist party ,i hope they do well
Old 31-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

my understanding is AMEP is preferencing to One Nation.

One Nation is preferencing to the Greens.

The Greens are anti car.

Wait.What?

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #47
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Why do people think that voting for X party will give preferences to another party that they may not like?
Preferences go to how YOU vote.

Lower House - you must number every candidate of YOUR preference on the ballot.
How hard is it to number them as you want to vote, and not just copy a party 'how to vote sheet'.

Upper House - a bit more tricky.
Be lazy and just number one of the boxes on the top row, and the preferences go the way that party has placed its preferences.
If you are happy with how they send their preferences, then that OK. [ check the AEC site for how they which way they go in your State. You have the internet if you are here on AFF ]
If not, then you have to number every box below the line to have the preferences go how YOU want them to go.

In NSW there are 110 Senate candidates. A lot of numbers to write, but it is YOUR vote.

So many voters don't know how to vote. If it is so hard for many to understand it, then we should not have compulsory voting.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #48
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Forgive me if I am being ignorant here, but how will this party affect change from winning a seat in the election?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge issues at a federal level are often ignored by state level governments. It has always been up to the state governments discretion if it actually listens to the federel level of government.

The police are employed at a state level. So NSW, VIC and QLD officers, for example, are given their instructions and tasks as directed by the big boss in their state.

A federal level of government can put pressure on state authorities, but at the end of the day, they don't have to listen.

Can someone enlighten me on why we have different police forces in each state, different drivers licenses and different road rules? If they all want to be so different why don't they all just break off and form their own countries
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #49
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why stop there. Why do we actually need state governments?
We are over governed and over regulated to buggery and its only going to get worse.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #50
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post
Why stop there. Why do we actually need state governments?
We are over governed and over regulated to buggery and its only going to get worse.
Because the federation was formed by the states. They are the ones that exist and gave over power to the Federal government. The states do not need the federal government to exist and in fact they can choose to leave the federation if they so choose.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #51
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
So many voters don't know how to vote. If it is so hard for many to understand it, then we should not have compulsory voting.
^^^This, but not for that reason.
For the simple reason that there are, for lack of better wording, friggen stupid people helping decide our nations future.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #52
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Because the federation was formed by the states. They are the ones that exist and gave over power to the Federal government. The states do not need the federal government to exist and in fact they can choose to leave the federation if they so choose.
So cart before the horse is the reason we are stuck with this antiquated system?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #53
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TCraig View Post
So cart before the horse is the reason we are stuck with this antiquated system?
I don't know why you'd call it antiquated.

Imagine if you let someone use your car then they turned around and suggested you give it to them.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #54
Road Games

Well well well...

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/rti/pub...outWarrant.htm
Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #55
MAD
Petro-sexual

It's obvious can't change the police being able to stop cars, search cars , etc. And that's OK with me. This is a fundamental part of their job.

What we need to focus on is coming to a reasonable agreement about what modifications can be done legally.
You only need to know the general scene in VIC to know that even though a particular mod is illegal doesn't stop people doing it.
There might as well be a relaxation to allow these mods to be performed, more care will be taken to do it right. I know of many mod plated cars is NSW, but not one engineered vehicle in VIC.
In VIC it is common that once an owner has stepped over the line of legality of a mod, the care factor for other things like emission controls goes out the window too.

Getting some realism and common sense brought in, with regards to how dangerous these mods actually are, in the form of investigations in to road related trauma caused by these mods along with a huge media operation will go some way to changing the current view of the motorung enthusiast as a hoon.

The ultimate aim should be getting a reasonable compromise betwwen our culture and the needs of the police force.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Just saw a post on FB re AMEP wanting to open up the bush to 4WD and denouncing regulating that access. I was left with the impression their statement was long winded and ill thought out as to the consequences of those actions.

I wish they would limit the scope of where they want to be involved - I would like to see someone for road quality, fair and consistant road laws, and a lessening of the regulation we see for modified daily drivers. I thought that's what they stood for. Getting involved in environmental issues is way too out there imho.

They just lost my vote... :(
Old 03-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
I know of many mod plated cars is NSW, but not one engineered vehicle in VIC.
Yes you do - mine! :P
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #58
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat View Post
Yes you do - mine! :P
I stand corrected.

I can narrow it down though... I don't know of one, that runs on petrol, that is engineered. :P

The 4x4 following is huge. They are probably the only reason VSB14 was delay to be reviewed and altered. If the AMEP is going to be successful for all motoring enthusiasts, this group must be included.
Afterall, it is about 'unity'.

I'm not sure how they will tread the line between 4x4 enthusiasts and the environment though. That might be a bit tricky.
Maybe you could be the party's "Minister for Environment"
You should put your comment up on their FB page. I'm they'd take note.

I guess being a member would help in the sense you can vote on all matters that come before the party. There will be many different opinions in the membership simply due to taste and vehicle preference.

Every one of the sub-groups (imports, 4x4, motoX, mini-truck, car, classic, etc) are equally important. Each time a liberty is eroded from one of these groups it only strengthens the case against all the other groups.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #59
GT-spec15

So it seems the AMEP bagged a Senate seat.

I am amazed.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #60
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
So it seems the AMEP bagged a Senate seat.

I am amazed.
I'm not. Whilst I didn't know if it would be AMEP, I expected some fringe political parties would get up in the senate due to convoluted preferences and 95% of people voting above the line.

Good luck to them and I wish them well, but it's a perversion of democracy that a party can get in with only approximately 0.5% of the primary vote and preferences determined by other political parties and not the people.
Closed Thread