Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default WT Space Saver Options?

Howdy Peeps,

Just wondering if anyone with a WT has purchased the Space Saver Kit from Ford and what price?? Alternativley if purchased anywhere else like a wrecker... What is the offset i would need if i just got a random 4x100 steelie?

I personally dont like the idea of the goo as will be taking a trip down to melb early Feb so what some piece of mind.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 14-01-2012 at 10:56 AM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Caydus

Default Re: WT Space Saver Options?

I think there's some people selling their full sized steel rims when they moved onto alloys, it fits in the boot, but makes the boot floor sit a big higher than usual.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Fiestaman

Steel rim is best option. Just need a tyre fitted plus jack and brace and you're away. Does make the floor carpet sit slightly higher but not by much. I have one steel rim off my WT left for $35 if you are interested.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Fiestaman u have a pm
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Howdy Peeps,

Just wondering if anyone with a WT has purchased the Space Saver Kit from Ford and what price?? Alternativley if purchased anywhere else like a wrecker... What is the offset i would need if i just got a random 4x100 steelie?

I personally dont like the idea of the goo as will be taking a trip down to melb early Feb so what some piece of mind.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
When I got my WT (2nd hand from dealer) I kicked up a stink about the goo, so the dealer swapped it with a WS spare and jack from a car they had on the lot. I havent noticed that the boot carpet sits any higher...

2010 WT Fiesta Zetec, phantom blue.
Dgalle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
trumpy73

The WS one is only a temporary spare (i.e smaller than the original tyres) so it sits nice and flush.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
The WS one is only a temporary spare (i.e smaller than the original tyres) so it sits nice and flush.
Ahh. That makes sense.

Old 15-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Moorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgalle
When I got my WT (2nd hand from dealer) I kicked up a stink about the goo, so the dealer swapped it with a WS spare and jack from a car they had on the lot. I havent noticed that the boot carpet sits any higher...
Have you tried the spare on for size? As the WS is a 4X108 whilst the WT is 4X100 - it would be painful to find out when you are stranded with a flat and no goo to fix it either.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Dgalle

****. Thanks for the warning. Will have to check and see. Wonder if there is any way of getting it changed if it doesn't fit.

Old 15-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
****. Thanks for the warning. Will have to check and see. Wonder if there is any way of getting it changed if it doesn't fit.
Going and kick up your stink again, or nicely call them and say it doesn't fit, their fault really so it should be sorted by them.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Moorie

Quote:
No dramas - let us know how you go.

Moorie.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
layton
Starter Motor

Yes just purchased an WT. LC model. Stuff the emergency repair kit or the space saver tyre. Bloody dangerous those things and what if you have a flat kls from anywhere. I told the dealer I wanted a proper spare at no cost or no deal. Guess what? I got my spare. Maybe I am old school but seems strange that cars now come with a lot more safety features but they are now skimping on a proper spare tyre.
layton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
somers181

If anyone wants a steel rim from a WT as a spare i still have two left with wheel nuts and dress rim, to be collected from Blacktown, Sydney for $20, all you need to do is put a tyre on it and buy yourself a jack...........
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #14
Matt F
Starter Motor

Hi
I got my new Wt lx today. As part of the deal we told the dealer, after reading about the emergency inflation kit versus spare wheel forum here, that if the car didn't come with a spare tyre that I would not complete the transaction. He phone back within the hour and had agreed to throw in a space saver spare tyre kit and jack wheel brace ect valued in excess of $400 according to him.
Probably just salesman bs ( the old agree with everything the customer says) but he agreed that the inflation kit was a really bad idea.
Matt F is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
Fiestaman

Wonder what is going to happen to all the emergency inflation kits sitting out there in someones garage/shed? Maybe we should band together and sell them back Ford at a discount so they can put them in more new Fiestas.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Ford sell a complete spare tyre and jack etc kit for these cars i think its about $300, I managed to build one (brand new steel rim from Ford, jack from Repco and tyre from Jax) for about $200 (had connections in each area so that helped) as its my girlfriends car and wasnt keen on the goo **** either, plus if you can get a rip or hole in side wall the goo is useless anyways, at least she can change a spare tyre so all sweet!

New Build Thread! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11396029

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452
phil545 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
somers181

I purchased new Bridgestone RE002 tyres in November 2011 for my WT Fiesta and experienced a flat tyre last week. It appears that i had a 2cm split in the sidewall after going over a pot hole in all the wet weather. There was no way that the Ford goo was going to fix that.
Luckily i kept my original rims and had put a cheap tyre on to carry as a spare.
I would recommend everyone to carry a full size spare and jack, mine cost less than $100 all up.
Anyone wanting a spare original rim and live in Sydney to pick up can have it for free, after experiencing the need to have a real spare i think its more important that everyone carry a spare...... i have two left.