Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
LionV6_TDCI
Starter Motor

Default Factory Closure 7th October

It might be posted somewhere else, but as the factory is closing, is there any planned visit or drive past, we're coming down from NSW and we'd be in Melbourne on the Friday, anyone looking to take a run from Broadmeadows in Melbourne down to Geelong, even if it was on Saturday. It would be great to see all the Ford's past and present. We'll be in our beloved Territory.
LionV6_TDCI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #2
nstg8a

Default Re: Factory Closure 7th October

Look up 'blue Sunday' on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/295419644171690/
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not again
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #4
LionV6_TDCI
Starter Motor

Many thanks for this link.

I am not a facebook fan.

I have a contact at Jay Leno's Garage, Jay is a Falcon tragic and I am working on getting in touch with him to see if he would like to come over, he is aware of the factory closure this coming October.
LionV6_TDCI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I knew Ford asked any groups organising this to be stopped.

Also seen groups asking Ford to use the car park and Fors have said no.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
As far as I knew Ford asked any groups organising this to be stopped.

Also seen groups asking Ford to use the car park and Fors have said no.
G'day all...I get it with respecting those amazing employees . that's more than fair enough ..Just the same though , there's tens of thousands of loyal Falcon/ Territory owners that'd like to mark this historic event too. Don't we/they deserve that too ?
Anybody of the Ford bigwigs perchance( many of who will probably get to keep their jobs) think that it's our way of paying respects to fellow Aussies who have contributed to Ford cars over many many decades. No-one would want to gatecrash the final day/s for the workers but by showing them we care ,it might just slightly cheer them up a little...Just maybe..
It'd be a whole lot better if Ford bosses worked with the groups keen to mark the factory closing with a respectful tribute..
Could be good for every one..
Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #7
SprintFg
Banned

Here is some of what we will be missing... Goodbye

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Noi8mVigVPU
SprintFg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Wink Re: Factory Closure 7th October

Our car club has organised a club night run, Friday the 7th Oct. to commemorate the occasion .The run will be out through Sydney outer western suburbs and lower Blue Mountains.
XC50077 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC50077 View Post
Our car club has organised a club night run, Friday the 7th Oct. to commemorate the occasion .The run will be out through Sydney outer western suburbs and lower Blue Mountains.

Which club? Guests allowed?
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Hi Mr EL.
We have organised this for our club members[72-82 FORD V8 &COBRA OWNERS CLUB] only run and ATM don't have the people available to cater for extra cars and possibly even large numbers.
The main point of the original post was to put it out there and see maybe what other clubs may be organising for the occasion.
I am personally hoping too see plenty of our FORDS out and about as a mark of respect for those who designed and built our cars and for the enjoyment these vehicles have brought to us.
Thanks for your interest.
XC50077.
XC50077 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day all...I get it with respecting those amazing employees . that's more than fair enough ..Just the same though , there's tens of thousands of loyal Falcon/ Territory owners that'd like to mark this historic event too. Don't we/they deserve that too ?
Anybody of the Ford bigwigs perchance( many of who will probably get to keep their jobs) think that it's our way of paying respects to fellow Aussies who have contributed to Ford cars over many many decades. No-one would want to gatecrash the final day/s for the workers but by showing them we care ,it might just slightly cheer them up a little...Just maybe..
It'd be a whole lot better if Ford bosses worked with the groups keen to mark the factory closing with a respectful tribute..
Cheers Rod..
Rod,
This was canvassed months ago and feedback was that's not a good idea.

On the day, emotions will be running high, it's a time for workers and their families.
We should all respect that and stay away, the media will make big enough asses of themselves.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #12
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Cheers Rod..
Rod,
This was canvassed months ago and feedback was that's not a good idea.

On the day, emotions will be running high, it's a time for workers and their families.
We should all respect that and stay away, the media will make big enough asses of themselves.

More constructive to work in with coordinated events like the ones listed above...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #13
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I am concerned it has to be kept "in house" out of respect for it's employees past & present.Nobody from outside should intrude,which I think will be a fairly emotional day for the guy' & gal's at the front line.Cheers:(:(
Old 02-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #14
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
As far as I am concerned it has to be kept "in house" out of respect for it's employees past & present.Nobody from outside should intrude,which I think will be a fairly emotional day for the guy' & gal's at the front line.Cheers:(:(
G'day ..FAIR ENOUGH...The tribe has spoken . Luckily I have next week off so on Friday I'll take both my Falcons for a drive somewhere , toot the horns , flash the lights a couple of times and look forward to enjoying my two silver birds for plenty of years yet after the Aussie brand signs off manufacturing. When I do , Ill listen to the sound track to this that I've loaded om my old MP 3 player..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwZYw35JkJY...
If you listen to the lyrics it's almost if it was made for Ford Australia's most famous product...The MIGHTY FORD FALCON....Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post