Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #2041
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
A end a few VB commys with club rego.
Looks out of place. Just not right.
You think that looks out of place?

I know a guy with an XF on historic plates and have also seen Sigma's Camera's and even an econovan on historic plates

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #2042
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
You think that looks out of place?

I know a guy with an XF on historic plates and have also seen Sigma's Camera's and even an econovan on historic plates
I've seen those too. A bombed out Gemini copped plenty of laughs.

And the un-roadworthy truck on the news!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #2043
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car companies advertising the sale of cars here in Australia where they use foreign registered (L) hand drive vehicles and drive on the wrong side of the road. GIHT

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #2044
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Attendant a family funeral today, and I don't understand why the grounds keeper in his fluro orange jumper , not smelling that well, and mud covered boots has to be there helping the funeral employees assist with the casket .it's not a good look . I don't think they should be there !! . The funeral employees are paid a whole lot of $ , and I don't think in my mind that having grounds people in their fluro gear and muddy boots stepping over neighboring plots is a respectful look.
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #2045
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nissan Tiiiiida

Just binding on the top end of one shoe. Ridiculously hard to get off.
other side popped off no problems.
Old 15-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #2046
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
Attendant a family funeral today, and I don't understand why the grounds keeper in his fluro orange jumper , not smelling that well, and mud covered boots has to be there helping the funeral employees assist with the casket .it's not a good look . I don't think they should be there !! . The funeral employees are paid a whole lot of $ , and I don't think in my mind that having grounds people in their fluro gear and muddy boots stepping over neighboring plots is a respectful look.
Condolences on your loss...
And yes, I agree.
My Mother's funeral was like that, still had the backhoe parked next to the plot, and started it up as we were walking away.
The whole industry is a rort.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #2047
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a poor effort, bloody hell
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #2048
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

condolences to you and yours mate......very little respect these days.....

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #2049
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Saturday was a killing!

600 snags and 140 drinks sold by 3pm! Would have sent for more had I not been going to a family friends late lunch. Could have done another 100 easy.

Picked up 1/3rd of my order in the morning and the rest got delivered at 10am:

I flog a bunch of cardboard trays from Aldi to give to customers who buy 3 or more rolls... Bit of fore thinking makes many a happy customer

Beautifully caramelised onions and no skimping on the bread. We get so many people buy one, walk to the car only to come back after 2 minutes for another

Just had to go back to this one. I mean geez I hate my local Bunnings sausage sizzle cause it looks nothing like that. Just a sausage slapped into a slice of bread. Awesome.
Old 16-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #2050
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I agree, I'll never be content with the sausage sizzles here again
Old 16-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #2051
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Instead of starting a rant thread, I'll add my geeze I hate that here..

I've had my unit on the market for a couple of months now, it's been pretty quiet here, but finally had someone who wanted to have a look at the place. The real estate agent informs the tenant that this was happening as expected.

Real estate bring people to have a look, and there's a F%#*ing motorbike in the kitchen!

I'm so ****ed off right now
Old 18-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #2052
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

People that drive around in foggy conditions with only their parking lights on.

Their called 'parking lights' for a reason!
Old 18-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #2053
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post

Real estate bring people to have a look, and there's a F%#*ing motorbike in the kitchen!
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but that made me

It's Harley likely that the couple will look elsewhere.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #2054
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
People that drive around in foggy conditions with only their parking lights on.

Their called 'parking lights' for a reason!
Or the nuff nuff's who don't use any form of lights in fog? WHY WHY WHY? Quite selfish when you really think about it.

Or the ones who have actual fog lamps and don't use them. Probably the same ones who use them when it ISNT Foggy.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 10:15 PM   #2055
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same old story: Old Mate has "started his restoration" by yanking everything possible off the car, then at some point shoving all of it in the back, and I'm just supposed to take his word for it that the car is "complete".
Furthermore, car is in a back corner of a dark shed, under piles of crap, with only half accessible, and again I have to accept his word regarding rust.

Wouldn't be so bad it it was a bargain, but old mate wants top dollar.
Old 19-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #2056
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

*snip*

Last edited by SSD-85; 19-07-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Ive now had my teaspoon of concrete.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #2057
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Yes I agree, I'll never be content with the sausage sizzles here again
Did another Bunnings BBQ today. Got the call a few days ago after I sent a "Please let me know if there are any cancellations" email to the nice lady at Bunnings that does the bookings.

Smashed another 600 by 3pm, not bad for a Sunday actually... Got another to do next month due to another cancellation

What do I hate?? People that really have no clue!

I decided to stop borrowing my mates esky and buy a cheapish one for the snags. All the 'specials' were out of stock, anything over 70L was getting too much to justify for BBQ snags that don't really need long term cooling etc.

Off to Big W to buy baby wipes and I stumble across the camping section where they had a few eskys, one being a decent 80L size.

Sweet, $89. Sold. Or so I thought. I opened it and found that some dope had dropped it and cracked the corner. The 2 bits that had broken away were still inside the esky. It would be an easy fix and If I scored it for a decent discount it would be perfect.

I ask a staff member who do I see about a discount. She goes and finds out and returns with a trolley to take it to the register supervisor. She explains the damage and the fact it is the last one. She leaves me in the hands of the register supervisor.

She comes back with a price of $50. I told her I would take it for $30 and that no one else will buy it and it will surly go in the bin.

She explains to me that she can't make that decision and needs to ask the manager. No worries. after 2 minutes the deal is done.

I pay then open the esky to find that the 2 broken bits are missing. I go back to the register supervisor and ask where they went, to be told that the 1st person I spoke to had them in her hand to show her the damage....

Ok, well I want them back please I said. I made it clear that I would be repairing the damage and made a comment that I would just glue in the bits etc when I was speaking to them.

The register supervisor then gets the first lady on the phone:

"Where are the 2 bits of plastic, the customer would like them back. What, well you will need to get them out of the bin and bring them to the front as he is waiting".

I'm thinking... who the hell is she to go out of her way to remove them from the bottom of the esky and toss them when I made it clear I was going to repair the damage with the pieces??? I was starting to get a little peeved.

After 10 minutes of waiting she comes to the front and explains to me that she is very sorry but has no clue where they are, no clue what bin they are in and has no way to find them...

In the 1 minute it took her to get from the front desk back to her aisle she had lost them and couldn't find them. I asked her why she took them when I stated I needed them and she replied that she didn't know...

Seriously.....

My mate who helped me today reckons she did it on purpose out of jealousy that I got it so cheap...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #2058
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Looking at a car (kia rio) and its OZ specs versus OS specs. Things available to other markets that even cannot be specified (i.e. bought) here. Heated seats and stop-start - which for me is no biggy. , I think same happens to Corolla and no doubt many others. First world problem though!
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #2059
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Did another Bunnings BBQ today. Got the call a few days ago after I sent a "Please let me know if there are any cancellations" email to the nice lady at Bunnings that does the bookings.

Smashed another 600 by 3pm, not bad for a Sunday actually... Got another to do next month due to another cancellation
I still think that you should start a Bunnings BBQ thread so we can all see who has sliced bread and who has rolls
Old 22-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #2060
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvbvb088 View Post
Looking at a car (kia rio) and its OZ specs versus OS specs. Things available to other markets that even cannot be specified (i.e. bought) here. Heated seats and stop-start - which for me is no biggy. , I think same happens to Corolla and no doubt many others. First world problem though!
Selling imported cars in a tiny market like Australia means minimising trim levels, and only a few "dealer-fitted"options. Then when it comes to speccing those trim levels, they have to optimise by including only what customers are prepared to pay for.
Heating seats, are great fun for switching on in the middle of summer whilst the missus isn't looking. Beyond that, I can't see much point in Australia, especially not in a budget range like Kia.
Similarly I don't think the majority of Australians are familar enough with stop-start to make it attractive.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #2061
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought I would update and say that Myer gave me a replacement watch in the end.

Initially they wanted me to take it back to the watchmaker to put the links back in (WTF?) and then send it off for a warranty repair.

I said **** that I bought a new watch that I paid rather handsomely for and the other two on display work perfectly fine so I got it swapped over.

The only difference was my preferred choice had the black face where the replacement is all silver.

I guess I hate that but loved it in the end
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2015, 03:30 AM   #2062
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do people think that stripping a car (thereby losing and/or damaging half the parts in the process) constitutes valuable work for which they should be rewarded?
Any idiot can pull things to pieces.
They buy a wreck with grand plans of a resto, pull it all to pieces, decided its too much hard work and then decide it must be worth double what they paid.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #2063
marty351

On the topic of suasage sizzles, I saw one happening in the officeworks carpark in Collingwood.
Is this a new trend?
And Geez I hate that supercheap and repco don't!
Old 25-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #2064
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
On the topic of suasage sizzles, I saw one happening in the officeworks carpark in Collingwood.
Is this a new trend?
And Geez I hate that supercheap and repco don't!
our local officeworks has them every weekend - lucky for me the officeworks is in between supercheap and autobarn and the repco and autopro are only 1km down the road
Old 25-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #2065
marty351

I'm an unlucky bstard.
Old 25-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #2066
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sausage sizzles rule the day, Kebab Vans rule the night.

Pro tip for the sausage sizzler's- even if all your customers hate onions, fry them up because the aroma will attract all-sorts, even Vegans.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #2067
DaveDaGeek

I hate it when you go to use your car and some lowlife who cannot park for nuts scrapes the side and nicks off. What gets me even more is that there are about 30 other bays including some with both bays free, that the drop kick could have used. Pics are in this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439678
DaveDaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #2068
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, I used a multistory carpark the other night.
Went up 3 stories and I was only one of 3 cars up there.
I parked in a corner.
Came back to 4 cars including mine, and yep the extra car that joined us....he parked next to me. Why? Why? Why? would you do this? There was hundreds of empty spaces all around me, above me and below me!
Old 27-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #2069
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
.he parked next to me. Why? Why? Why? would you do this?
Because you have an attractive personality?

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #2070
XG_Falcon

My neighbour was using power tools at 11pm last night and wouldn't answer the door (probably couldn't hear it).

Need I say more?
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post