Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #541
Spurious

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I hate when I ring a property managers office, their busy so you leave a message for a call back.....& you wait 5 days for a reply....& still waiting! WTH
Still waiting for that call back. Been over 1 month now

What is it with property managers anyhow, regarding "length of employment" they come & go quicker than brothel customers!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #542
Spurious

Spending 3 months rebuilding a boat & 1 hour into the first trip on water the steering cable snaps!!!
Old 22-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #543
Spurious

PROBLEM: Coming home & finding the neighbors cat sunning itself on my porch.

SOLUTION: sneak out the back door, quietly get the hose ready & send it home drenched....for the 3'rd time!!!
5 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #544
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Yay, it happens to The Interceptor too! I mean, how RUDE, right?

Went to eat at Chili's and our waitress wasn't very pleasant to start with. When I asked if I could have the cilantro pesto sauce on the side of my dish and I didn't hear her acknowledge my request, I asked again, "excuse me, would I be able to have the cilantro pesto sauce on the side?" That's nice, right I asked nicely. What does she say to me? "I heard you the first time."

Ooooooh, ok. After that I wasn't sure what to say so I didn't say anything. After she left my bestie and my bff said, "you should have said something." Then I wondered if I should have. I guess - woulda coulda shoulda......after the fact aka Monday Morning Quarterback thoughts.

Oh well, it is what it is, I wasn't about to let her ruin my fun lunch with my bestie. Lunch was good!
Not yay Nick It is very much annoying haha.

And situations like that, its nice to think of the things you could have said but saying nothing probably woulda have been the best thing. Especially since its a waitress, if you anger the waitress you might get more than cilantro pesto sauce in your meal So yep...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #545
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

SOLUTION: sneak out the back door, quietly get the hose ready & send it home drenched....for the 3'rd time!!!
3rd time? From you at your house? Hopefully that's the last.

That beats finding cat paw marks on your car in the morning right? I did more than once. Right from the hood over the front windshield to the roof and down the trunk.......like a racing stripe! *which I don't have on my Mustang*
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #546
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Not yay Nick It is very much annoying haha.

And situations like that, its nice to think of the things you could have said but saying nothing probably woulda have been the best thing. Especially since its a waitress, if you anger the waitress you might get more than cilantro pesto sauce in your meal So yep...
Yup I know, annoying to say the least, that's why the

Ewww, you're right though it might have ended up to be a cilantro pesto surprise, YUCKIE! :eek
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #547
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Still waiting for that call back. Been over 1 month now

What is it with property managers anyhow, regarding "length of employment" they come & go quicker than brothel customers!!!
So it wasn't just my old real estate then. Each inspection we had a new prop manager (every six months). And as soon as we moved in there was a change of pm as well.

Thankfully my new place the real estate is a one woman show...
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #548
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Being 10km from home on my motorised pushbike and the head gasket blows...
Old 22-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #549
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
Being 10km from home on my motorised pushbike and the head gasket blows...
Start pedlin' then
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #550
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Its a push bike. Push it :-)

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #551
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

My front loader.... that 30 seconds at the end where it just sits there, doing nothing at all. It's laughing at me while I stare and wait. "That's right buddy... you're on my terms now, I'll put that open door light on when I'm good and ready"....

I actually saved a old chair and put it in front of the machine to sit on while I wait....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #552
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Yeah I did pedal it home, in the rain. Unfortunately the engine, full fuel tank and bag of tools adds a fair bit of weight to the bike though.
Old 23-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #553
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
Yeah I did pedal it home, in the rain. Unfortunately the engine, full fuel tank and bag of tools adds a fair bit of weight to the bike though.
its good exercise ;)

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #554
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of months ago I came home at 1am to find a black Range Rover parked in front of my garage. Now where I live there's 3 units, unit 1 has their own driveway and street frontage, units 2 and 3 have garages next to each other. So that is more than halfway into the block. Therefore the only people that should be coming up the driveway are the owners, their visitors and others who have business being there. Currently, there's no one in the next unit, so this person has no business with them.

Found out they were dropping off a mate (not waiting for one at least). The windows were a bit foggy, so that told me they had been in the car for a while and I didn't see any evidence they were trying to rob me - which was my main concern finding a strange car parked out of view from the street in front of my garage at 1am early on a Sunday morning. Told them they could leave and thought that was the end of it. They should consider themselves fortunate I didn't block them in and call 000. But that didn't stop them - a few times since I've seen the same car coming up the driveway, turning around and leaving as she either drops off or picks up my neighbour. The neighbour has a house, a driveway and opposite them is a side street and 30 metres away another side street - which I usually direct friends to use if my spot in front of the garage will be taken. As I live on a main road parking on the road out front is the last option unless you like putting your car at an increased risk of being hit while parked.

A couple of weeks ago I saw it go past again and this time had a word, telling her the driveway isn't for her use, it is private property and not to do it again. She was apologetic etc, so it appears I got my message across. I went back inside. A minute or so later her friend comes to the car and I can assume she told him what I said and I saw through my window he was walking away from the car and towards my wall - the little bastard was about to take a leak on the wall - knowing full well I was home - a sign of defiance rather than a call of nature. So I busted him doing that and was told to F off. I then told him he was trespassing and to leave, to which his reply was "I don't care" as he walked away. I told him what he could go and do and said I don't go wandering around his property, so don't do it to me. It seems to have got through to one of them at least and the neighbour hasn't given me any more problems.

This guy is arrogant and/or stupid to think it was OK to make my driveway an extension of his home in the first place. The first time they threw rubbish from the car on the driveway, so that is just a lack of respect for others' property along with the repeated behaviour. I wasn't willing to reward this behaviour with silence. I tried to contact the estate agent as it is up for sale and also rented- I asked the selling agent to pass on my details to the owner - got no help there. Should there be a next time I'll get the rego of the car and make a formal complaint down the cop shop. I'm tipping a girl in her mid 20's doesn't own or at least didn't pay for the ~5 year old Range Rover with her own money, so Mummy and Daddy might not be happy should they get a call from the cops with a please explain. I realise they won't get arrested for it, but at least the police might try and nip it in the bud with a couple of phone calls and it also gets a record of events started should it escalate.

Some people might think this isn't that big a deal to worry about, but I shouldn't have to back down while in my own home and therefore I will speak up.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #555
Spurious

You should have photographed him peeing on your wall, that IS a chargeable offence.
Old 25-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #556
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You should have photographed him peeing on your wall, that IS a chargeable offence.
I actually stopped him from doing that. But he would have done it had I not caught him out.

Besides, I might have needed a zoom function to capture anything!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #557
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before DVD when you hired a video and some ***** not only didnt rewind it, but strategically left the tape at the most crucial point. Auto-play would kick in and before you could do anything about it all you would hear is '' we the jury find the defendant not guilty ''

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #558
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what is it with people who open their car doors into oncoming traffic........a large car towing a couple of ton of van doesn't swerve very easy.

one very lucky Mildura feller who doesn't realise just how lucky he is to be still upright..........

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #559
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I was gonna ***** about a bad day on this thread today. I came home in a bad mood after a bad experience at an automated parking station.

It was raining in Brisbane this arvo - all good, we need it.

I got out of the ute and heard squeals of delight, my young neighbour and his Mrs were chasing their young daughters around the backyard in the wet.

Gold on a day like this. I'll report my parking dilemmas tomorrow.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 29-10-2013 at 07:48 PM.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #560
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:

Haha my neighbours cats arent real keen on the hose either,bloody things are locked up in cages with the mum and dad cat separated from the young ones in another cage,they cry out to each other all hours of the night in a horrible whining noise waking me up constantly.
I wait till theyre not home and fill them in with the hose,haha
Its priceless to see a drenched cats facial expression
I hate that there is no limit to the number of cats you can have,the smell of the excrament and pee is just disgusting.
I live next door to the crazy old cat lady from the simpsons
Ive spoken to the council and theres nothing i can do about it,except squirt them with the hose full blast(thats my solution)
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #561
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I'm clearly having a bad week, shouldn't have got out of bed Monday.

Best mate rings me up for a days work, occasionally he needs a hand in his job and flicks me some coin to help out. It always turns out into a great day with Deano. I knock him back as I've got a medical appointment.

Knob here turns up for said medical appointment today, only to find out it's for tomorrow.

Geez, I hate that!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #562
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

lol

getting to the shop to pick up the engagement rings that have been resized to find out the ******* peanut forgot to send them off to actually get done AND wrote down the misss ring size wrong, so in a way he was lucky
it only took and hr and a half to drive to said shop after booking a day off work
you think the misses was impressed??!!
so we will go get them today and apparently have a gift voucher of 230 bucks to spend as well.
not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing

what IS a bad thing is having to drive 2 hrs to get the car serviced and trans cooler fitted after going to bed at 4am (after finishing at midnight and not being ale to sleep) and getting up at 6.30am
today is going to be a looooong day
2hr drive to car joint
drop off car get in other car misses is following in, drive another hr and a half to get rings
ring shopping
food shopping
grab lunch
get back in car drive the hr and a half back to car place
pick up car drive the 2 hrs home
but on the way stop to look at an xb sedan
come home
pass out

think i might be a tad grumpy today...ive pre warned the misses
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #563
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
lol

getting to the shop to pick up the engagement rings that have been resized to find out the ******* peanut forgot to send them off to actually get done AND wrote down the misss ring size wrong, so in a way he was lucky
it only took and hr and a half to drive to said shop after booking a day off work
so we will go get them today and apparently have a gift voucher of 230 bucks to spend as well.

what IS a bad thing is having to drive 2 hrs to get the car serviced and trans cooler fitted after going to bed at 4am (after finishing at midnight and not being ale to sleep) and getting up at 6.30am
2hr drive to car joint
drop off car get in other car misses is following in, drive another hr and a half to get rings
ring shopping
food shopping
grab lunch
come home
pass out

The important part is what was the XB like?
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #564
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
lol

2hr drive to car joint
ring shopping
food shopping
grab lunch
come home
pass out

It looks like you bought sufferings
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #565
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

dunno what its like we ended up driving home from shopping and rings etc to get the frozen shopping away
ill ring the auto place in a min then drive another 2hrs back to get the turbo
and THEN ill go look at the xb
but here it is
pics show ...nothing really
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/para-...dan/1026767017
Old 31-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #566
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

I hate when your asked to work your second weekend in a row, so you say to the boss... No problem,if I can have Monday off as I have a heap of stuff I need to do and having Monday off would be a huge help... Then getting a blunt "No!"

Then today finding out the new guy who I filled in for last weekend gets asked to work the weekend.. He says ok if he can get Monday off... And the boss says "Yes!"

No impressed at all.. Really doesn't do much for my motivation..
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #567
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
The important part is what was the XB like?
a complete pig :(

edit
actually thats a lie
floors, sills, firewall and boot were all fine
Old 01-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #568
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
I hate when your asked to work your second weekend in a row, so you say to the boss... No problem,if I can have Monday off as I have a heap of stuff I need to do and having Monday off would be a huge help... Then getting a blunt "No!"

Then today finding out the new guy who I filled in for last weekend gets asked to work the weekend.. He says ok if he can get Monday off... And the boss says "Yes!"

No impressed at all.. Really doesn't do much for my motivation..
You sound like you are coming down with something. coughcough .
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #569
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Drivers who come up to a crossroad (usually flying) and look left. This is not america you will get smacked from the right

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #570
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who never seem to have a cent on them... only cards.

Pass the hat around at work to buy a pressy for someone, $5 each.

You look at the list of names, some have ticks, some have 'only have 70c on me today, will go to bank and put the other $4.30 in tomorrow' or words to that effect.

Go out for coffee or get a light snack at a cafe in a group, tell someone their share is $11... "oh, I only have my card, how bout I take the $200 everyone else has put in and pay the lot on my card?"...

But that's sneaky... if a bunch of people round up their bill it means the person paying on the card generally pays nil...

So off they go to the ATM for $11... seriously....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post