Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-09-2021, 09:28 PM   #3721
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I'm getting sick just reading about your tucker, never mind tasting it, meat and 3 vege for me, ( when I had teeth )......
Cheers Billy
now i have meat and 3 vege mashed with a straw
Old 24-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #3722
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I squished a frog the other night by accident. My outside light doesn't work and they are usually in the garden or on the grass but haven't seen any in ages.

It would have been about the size of a 50c coin and I think about how big my pergola is and how many 50c coins you could fit in it and how unlikely it would be for me to step on it. Maggie ****ed off with the remains this arvo. Poor bastard :(

I have got my torch out just to make sure now.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 11:41 PM   #3723
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kermit forgives you
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2021, 09:34 AM   #3724
slowsnake
Banned

The President of France doesn't..........

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #3725
slowsnake
Banned

Again reading my Saturday newspaper, of course it's all about the footy, the AFL final at Optus Stadium!...I hate AFL, but I love F1 and Moto Gp and WSB.
But sadly I turn the page to find an old couple from Capel were bludgeoned to death in the family home, hard working folk, retired and thinking of their future together, it sparked my interest when it mentioned their 47 year old son was arrested for their murder, bloody hell and I thought I had problems, my interest was piqued so I read the whole article, and the last sentence said that they were hard-working but struggled with a family member with disabilities!

Was this disability a mental health issue, one that affected the son who killed them?
If so why was there no outside help for these poor folk, I don't consider a person with self induced schizophrenic illness a disability, I consider it an excuse by the powers that be to disown these patients and kick em out of a psychiatric ward to live at home, with elderly parents who cannot do what the doctors couldn't do?

Who is to blame here?....so bloody sad, I feel this ****, always have!

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2021, 10:04 PM   #3726
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Telling someone to give the beehives a wide berth, they’ve been stirred up three times in the last week-and-a-bit.

No listen.

Bee stings said person beautifully on eye socket, it came up a real shiner because they foolishly rubbed it and pressed most of the venom in.

Yes, I hate losing a bee.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 01:38 AM   #3727
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Telling someone to give the beehives a wide berth, they’ve been stirred up three times in the last week-and-a-bit.

No listen.

Bee stings said person beautifully on eye socket, it came up a real shiner because they foolishly rubbed it and pressed most of the venom in.

Yes, I hate losing a bee.
Breed hornets instead, you only do it once!.....then go back to bees.

Cheers BillyD
Old 27-09-2021, 07:12 PM   #3728
.:4:.
Kicking back

So my local italian joint discontinued the gravy and potato pizza, and that was actually pretty good even if it sounded weird. They replaced it with something similar but bbq instead of gravy and it was horrid. So thats been taken off the menu. So im not upset about that. So I'll give my culinary report later when its been consumed, it sounds equally as bad, hence why i ordered it, but back to a gravy base, no longer potato, the rest is standard issue pizza. Hmmmmm. We shall see.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #3729
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So my local italian joint discontinued the gravy and potato pizza, and that was actually pretty good even if it sounded weird. They replaced it with something similar but bbq instead of gravy and it was horrid. So thats been taken off the menu. So im not upset about that. So I'll give my culinary report later when its been consumed, it sounds equally as bad, hence why i ordered it, but back to a gravy base, no longer potato, the rest is standard issue pizza. Hmmmmm. We shall see.
So not bad. Id order again.
Old 28-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #3730
slowsnake
Banned

Police arrest a child killer, but took em 16yrs to build a case?....he was the only mongrel in the unit where the kiddie was murdered by this " thing" ..
I watched it on TV last night, channel 9, w h y so long, why?

Cheers BillyQ
Old 28-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #3731
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Police arrest a child killer, but took em 16yrs to build a case?....he was the only mongrel in the unit where the kiddie was murdered by this " thing" ..
I watched it on TV last night, channel 9, w h y so long, why?

Cheers BillyQ
They have to line up their evidence ducks to ensure a proper case. They can’t just arrest someone without it, or they’ll be back out on the street.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-09-2021, 10:19 AM   #3732
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
They have to line up their evidence ducks to ensure a proper case. They can’t just arrest someone without it, or they’ll be back out on the street.
Yes I do understand that, but its not DNA evidence, mother goes shopping and come back and her baby is dead, I mean dead!
He was not the father just a neighbour turned boyfriend?

But he was the only person there, surely there is a good case?
Same Detective on case for 16 years, that's since 2005, surely put a new Detective on to it, a fresh pair of eyes, it just really sh.ts me to tears, that's all I was saying, but geez I hate that, I really do, he's a maggot, and it really upsets me

Cheers BillyS
Old 29-09-2021, 09:31 PM   #3733
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s sub judice, best to let it meander through the system for now.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 05:36 AM   #3734
slowsnake
Banned

Sadly being an as empathic as I am, I feel all the bad sh.t in the world, but, coppers can't be like they are, if you get nowhere with your investigation then surely walk away and let someone else have a look?
A lousey job being a copper, until people need em, that ****s me too, call em all the names under the sun until they need one

Cheers BillyJ
Old 01-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #3735
slowsnake
Banned

People who have a lot to say, most of it jibberish!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #3736
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Stripping someone else’s render off brick walls in a bathroom, I swear it’s 2:1 mix - hard work.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #3737
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Stripping someone else’s render off brick walls in a bathroom, I swear it’s 2:1 mix - hard work.
No lime!.......
Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #3738
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you have a IT change request scheduled with detailed installed plan tested in lower levels without issue and you hit every wall you could in prod. I got there eventually but **** me dead it was hard!

IT life. And **** the paper pushers too. Literally too many of them
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #3739
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Latest Alfa is refusing to lock.

Hopefully just storm-affected, not attempted forced entry.

Diagnostics laptop was flat, now on charge. And I flattened all my Makita batteries by not realising the charger wasn’t powered on.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #3740
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having a bad day CB?
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #3741
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Latest Alfa is refusing to lock.

Hopefully just storm-affected, not attempted forced entry.

Diagnostics laptop was flat, now on charge. And I flattened all my Makita batteries by not realising the charger wasn’t powered on.
Nothing a few beers and a good pizza won’t fix
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #3742
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

When on a long weekend at home with a list of chores banking up and you grab the hammer. Haven't swung one for a while so on the third strike, i was pretty confident!!! Missed the nail i was concentrating on and got me thumb. Could of heard the swearing kilometers away. Black as now and stinging big time. All this before any alcohol intake, which has probably made it worse now by taking any pain killers, mixed with the now loads of alcohol intake.
Puts a dampener on tomorows chores, chainsaw a tree that needs clearing!!
And the dishes will have to wait another week before they get done.
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #3743
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Having a bad day CB?

And, all that before I found the inexplicably moved cold feed to the shower. Emergency disconnect outside the bathroom, it’s old soft-soldered fittings so I had to cut and crimp then flux/solder the crimped end to avoid cooking the next joint along. Sticky clay mud everywhere underfoot! Lucky I’ve got a second shower.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #3744
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
When on a long weekend at home with a list of chores banking up and you grab the hammer. Haven't swung one for a while so on the third strike, i was pretty confident!!! Missed the nail i was concentrating on and got me thumb. Could of heard the swearing kilometers away. Black as now and stinging big time. All this before any alcohol intake, which has probably made it worse now by taking any pain killers, mixed with the now loads of alcohol intake.
Mate it could be worse. A thumb nail that goes black aftet a foul swing is not good. I lost the nail on my left thumb when i was 17. So 17 years ago. A foul swing on that didgit is completely the opposite of happy making. That being said, thumbs i havent had a good run with. I have had my other thumb (right) re attached before. It was cut off but not heaps bad. It went back on good.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #3745
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

And, all that before I found the inexplicably moved cold feed to the shower. Emergency disconnect outside the bathroom, it’s old soft-soldered fittings so I had to cut and crimp then flux/solder the crimped end to avoid cooking the next joint along. Sticky clay mud everywhere underfoot! Lucky I’ve got a second shower.
Oh you poor little diddums, lol, did ya catch the plant thief yet?
Old 03-10-2021, 06:57 PM   #3746
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
Heat a needle red hot and push it through the nail?
Relieves the pressure instantly, put some good antiseptic cream on it though, feels good afterwards!
Old 03-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #3747
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Not yet! It’s been petty mayhem here, lockdown is turning neighbours on each other. Latest squabble is over a proposed laundromat down the street.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:06 PM   #3748
slowsnake
Banned

So you thought you were having a bad day?
Supercheap sent me an email, discounted Castrol Trans fluid, TQ95, got 2 x 4 L bottles, $88 bucks, good price, so I decided to get the old stuff out, disconnected top line into radiator, put my oil change container under car to catch drips, but I dont know what I was thinking, I put the drain hose on the damn pipe and not in the threaded female radiator fitting?

Yep, started car and oil just sprayed the engine bay, pavers, windscreen and me!
What a joke, done it twice before and just wasn't thinking straight, must of dropped a good 2 litres everywhere except the container, yes and "Geez I hate that"
3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2021, 08:10 PM   #3749
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dominating the SANFL year, then not showing up on Grand Final day.
Glenelg had a shocker....I just got home with nothing to celebrate
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #3750
slowsnake
Banned

Finding out that my Metric Fairmont has an imperial filler screw on the side of the auto trans, 5/8th?...its all imperial except for this one filler bolt, do you think I had a spanner to fit!...nope, plenty of sockets but cat in the way, very hard to crack a metal bolt/screw, it needs a spanner, so off to Cashies at 9am to buy one spanner, and hope this oil comes out the pavers!