Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
fiesta8u

Default gearbox question and repair manual

hey guys well as you are probably aware my lil fiesta had a little bit of a hard time and i had to change the gearbox, clutch and cv's, anyways besides the point, i filled up the gearbox with oil on the side plug but i realised there is a filler hole at the top of the gearbox where the hyd oil goes into the centric slave cylinder, whats that for? do i need to top up any kind of oil in there? as its a little whiney so im thinking maybe it needs oil in there but what kind? maybe its for the clutch bearing? also where could i get a repair manual for the mk6 fiesta facelift? i wouldnt mind having one laying around, please let me know asap, any help its greatly appreciated in advance, thanks.

fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
1.6Madness
Starter Motor

For the manual in ebay type haynes 4170. As for the gearbox, was it sitting for a while? It may need time to smooth out. Check the level again to make sure. I''m not exactly sure but I think the hydraulic slave cylinder works with the brake system? Can you locate the bleeder nipple, and bleed as per brake bleeding routine.
1.6Madness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
fiesta8u

hey madness, yes it does work with the brakes, ive bled the clutch and the brakes because the oil container went empty so i bled everything to make sure, well i think your right it just needs some time to smooth out as its getting abit quieter, but im still suss about that filler type hole at the top hmmm, hopefully the haynes can explain abit more? ill give ebay a try now, thanks heaps man.
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
ipxzor
Starter Motor

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9...-Repair-Manual

Cheapest I've found. They usually deliver in roughly 10 days.
ipxzor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
1.6Madness
Starter Motor

Crikey! That is cheap. Good hunting ipxzor. I am placing order now.
1.6Madness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post