Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #31
suttoo

Default Re: February 2018 VFACTS: Honda booms as Holden slumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes View Post
The Holden dealer around the corner switched to being a Haval dealer, probably a better bet.
If you talking plaza Holden, they didn't switch Holden terminated their franchise along with a fair few others around SA, two in my local area that had been with the brand for many years. Not winning too many friends with decisions like that, in country towns customers are very loyal to their dealers
1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #32
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes View Post
The Holden dealer around the corner switched to being a Haval dealer, probably a better bet.
Better than selling Daewoo's I guess
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #33
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttoo View Post
If you talking plaza Holden, they didn't switch Holden terminated their franchise along with a fair few others around SA, two in my local area that had been with the brand for many years. Not winning too many friends with decisions like that, in country towns customers are very loyal to their dealers
That group lost 2 Holden franchises, their Metro Holden deal ran out at the end of last year.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 06-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #34
lovford
Banned

Holden are screwed. There replacement comy is made out of a 12 year old parts bin. Could someone please tell me how large the supercharger is on the Miami. (litre capacity)
lovford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 PM   #35
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
As good as the new Commodore may be, my god it has one of the most boring colour palettes ever. Definately now a German car.
Its not good, its ****. They say the 4 wheel drive sports is made for the v8 buyer, what a load of ****. It is no faster than an AU falcon. It might have lots of tech, so fkn what.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #36
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
As a Commodore fan and buyer, I too would not buy the ZB because it’s not a commodore. Just in the same way that a Mondeo isn’t a Falcon.

Both ZB and Mondeo may be great cars, but neither are what I look for in a car.
Theres no respect for previous owners. They should of found a way to cram a turbo into the ZB. But no, they give us a car slower than an au. Fkn ****ers.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #37
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovford View Post
Theres no respect for previous owners. They should of found a way to cram a turbo into the ZB. But no, they give us a car slower than an au. Fkn ****ers.
And so we vote with our wallets and don’t buy them.

I like this quote from Holden marketing chief Mark Harland:

Mr Harland said the fact the car was not Australian-made was receding in importance after their high-profile Adelaide factory shut down last October. “No one is manufacturing vehicles here. The chatter around an Australian-built car versus an import has died down. You really have no choice.

Yes no choice to buy a new Australian car, but we certainly have a choice not to buy your Fakeadore
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #38
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

If Ford don't keep on top of the Ranger with upgrades, extended warranties, good pricing etc. etc. they will be out of the top ten too.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #39
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its not good, its ****. They say the 4 wheel drive sports is made for the v8 buyer, what a load of ****. It is no faster than an AU falcon. It might have lots of tech, so fkn what.
Hilarious. Even the four cylinder has got way more power than any AU six, including the VCT. The XR8 220 wasn't all that quick either, certainly not by today's standards.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #40
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Hilarious. Even the four cylinder has got way more power than any AU six, including the VCT. The XR8 220 wasn't all that quick either, certainly not by today's standards.
94 EL XR6 0-100 7 seconds__99 AU XR6 0-100 7 seconds (non VCT's) I will eat my words and congratulate HOLDEN on the car there trumpeting as the SS replacement, the almighty ZB VXR is, .5 seconds faster than a 1993 FALCON XR6. Unbelievable improvement they have made in the last 25 years.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #41
prydey
Rob

Have a look at the cars dominating the sales and that will give you a clue as to how important 0-100 times are.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #42
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can understand the sadness concerning the loss of our local car industry, but I cannot understand the bitterness towards the ZB Commodore.

Why can't we just wait & see what this car is like, time will tell all & the market will ultimately decide its future. Straight line performance & 0-100 times aren't everything, I have heard that a new ZB VXR did a quicker lap time around Philip Island quicker than a VF SS 6.2L.

I haven't driven one yet & I have no connection with Holden or any dealer, but I they don't look to bad. Most reviews have been positive, especially the one from Victoria Police a few weeks ago. I would place more validity on that review, than any of the online car magazines.

I've been in the automotive industry since 1970 & trust me there are some cars on the market which have very good images in the retail arena, but are not good cars at all.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #43
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
94 EL XR6 0-100 7 seconds__99 AU XR6 0-100 7 seconds
Don't know where you get your figures from, but you need to add about half a second to both those times, and another half a second if it's an auto. The four speed auto isn't a great gearbox.

And incidentally, 1994 was the EF, not the EL.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #44
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
As good as the new Commodore may be, my god it has one of the most boring colour palettes ever. Definately now a German car.
What are you talking about? There are 8 colour choices - more than most cars. Not all colours are available on all grades, so if you use the "build" tool on Holden's website, it might not show all available colours.

For example, there are 2 different whites - one solid and one pearl, but some models aren't available with the pearl. Aside from the whites, grey, silver, and black, there are 2 different shades of red, and a dark blue. That's really not bad at all.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #45
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
I can understand the sadness concerning the loss of our local car industry, but I cannot understand the bitterness towards the ZB Commodore.
Cant even put it down to school holidays
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #46
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Have a look at the cars dominating the sales and that will give you a clue as to how important 0-100 times are.
Big egos driving big trucks, and not using them for there intended purpose. Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Some of us like fire breathing dragons, and some like soot breathing dragons.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #47
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Don't know where you get your figures from, but you need to add about half a second to both those times, and another half a second if it's an auto. The four speed auto isn't a great gearbox.

And incidentally, 1994 was the EF, not the EL.
Same place that says vf Calais 6.2 litre 4.8 seconds__ve Calais 6.0 litre 5.3 seconds___ vy ss 5.8 seconds__Ba gt 5.9 seconds. (these are all auto) The ef and au were manual non vct. What do the above times sound like ?? Am I getting my information from the wrong site ??
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #48
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Big egos driving big trucks, and not using them for there intended purpose. Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Some of us like fire breathing dragons, and some like soot breathing dragons.
More like fbt exemption.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #49
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
You’d think as members of a car enthusiasts forum that at least we should care.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #50
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
More like fbt exemption.
Only crew cab Utes are not FBT exempt, people only think they are because of 4x4 and 1 tonne rating.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #51
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can understand the sadness concerning the loss of our local car industry, but I cannot understand the bitterness towards the ZB Commodore. Dr Terry
Hey Ford fans …….. how is the Falcon ‘replacement’, the Mondeo selling ? The ‘replacement’ Commodore should sell equally as well.
Would you accept a Mondeo/Fusion with a Falcon badge slapped on it ?

The ‘bitterness’ is the result of a lot of factors, closing the factory, being told how Holden will outsell Toyota by 2020 with 20(?) new models, that there is a new V8 sports car arriving soon, how the hipsters don’t want to drive a car that looks like my dad’s car, targeting the ‘let’s be gay’ society while alienating the bogan community who bought Commodores in the past, and the big one ……… putting the same name on a FWD 4cyl and a complicated AWD 6cyl import.

Yes, I know that the VB had a German name, and that it was an Opel design, but a comparison of the Holden and Opel versions was like comparing bratwurst to XXXX beer. The ZB may be a good car, but it has to overcome bad feelings towards Holden, and be screwed together better, and cheaper, than its established rivals, Toyota, Hyundai, Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Volvo, etc, etc.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #52
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Hey Ford fans …….. how is the Falcon ‘replacement’, the Mondeo selling ? The ‘replacement’ Commodore should sell equally as well.
But is the Mondeo being marketed by Ford Aust. as a Falcon replacement ?

I don't think that Ford really market the Mondeo at all.

If Ford didn't have the Ranger, how would they be going right now ?
'
Dr Terry
Dr Terry is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #53
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The ‘bitterness’ is the result of a lot of factors, closing the factory, being told how Holden will outsell Toyota by 2020 with 20(?) new models, that there is a new V8 sports car arriving soon, how the hipsters don’t want to drive a car that looks like my dad’s car, targeting the ‘let’s be gay’ society while alienating the bogan community who bought Commodores in the past, and the big one ……… putting the same name on a FWD 4cyl and a complicated AWD 6cyl import.

Yes, I know that the VB had a German name, and that it was an Opel design, but a comparison of the Holden and Opel versions was like comparing bratwurst to XXXX beer. The ZB may be a good car, but it has to overcome bad feelings towards Holden, and be screwed together better, and cheaper, than its established rivals, Toyota, Hyundai, Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Volvo, etc, etc.
For the who knows how many’th time, the Mondeo isn’t a Falcon replacement, it was never positioned as a Falcon replacement, Ford themselves have said it never was and never will be a Falcon replacement.

The ZB isn’t a Commodore replacement, it’s a totally different style of car. But to say it’s a piece of crap when 95% of the population haven’t even driven it yet is silly. Don’t judge the sales of either Commodore or Equinox yet, some dealers only just started receiving their stock in the last couple of weeks, a friend of mine just received her Equinox last Friday.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #54
prydey
Rob

Quote:

'
Dr Terry
But they do have ranger.

Before that they were the falcon car company.

I would suggest Ford are well aware of how volatile the market is. They will be hoping the Everest continues to build (remember ranger wasn't an overnight success) also as that is another lucrative segment.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #55
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No.

They're very different cars, and I think I would be rather annoyed if Ford were to put the Falcon badge on a Mondeo - because the Mondeo is not a Falcon. So I think I know where Holden fans are coming from here.

But that's not to say that the new 'Commodore' will be a bad car. For the vast majority of buyers who don't buy these cars for its V8 engine or performance offerings, the new 'Commodore' would suit their needs just fine. In my case, I like Falcons not because of its hectic turbo six or thunderous supercharged V8, but rather, I like its long legged cruising ability on the highway. I don't care much for how fast it gets from 0-100km/h, I want a comfortable long distance highway cruiser. In that regard, the Mondeo beats the Falcon, easily, in every way that matters, perhaps with the exception of aural pleasure.

The new Commodore will no doubt be a brilliant car and a vast improvement over the VFII in many ways, just as the Mondeo is a better car than the Falcon in many ways. Whether it should be called the Commodore or Insignia is another debate.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #56
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But is the Mondeo being marketed by Ford Aust. as a Falcon replacement ?

I don't think that Ford really market the Mondeo at all.

'
Dr Terry
I think they have given up on the Mondeo and I can see why.
I had one for a year after the Falcon stopped. Couldn’t wait to get out of it..rubbish car.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #57
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
I think they have given up on the Mondeo and I can see why.
I had one for a year after the Falcon stopped. Couldn’t wait to get out of it..rubbish car.
Rubbish bias statement.

The new Mondeo is a really good car with lots of tech.

Most buyers would say it is a lot better than Falcon ever was (but this thread is about Feb VFacts).
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2018, 12:10 AM   #58
lovford
Banned

Quote:
Ford Aussie arn't championing the Mondeo as a XR8 replacement, unlike Holden that are saying the ZB VXR is a replacement for the SS buyers. Holden finally made the best car ever to roll of the Adelaide assembly line, and then canned it. Even the yanks love the VF SS we exported.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:51 AM   #59
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Holden finally made the best car ever to roll of the Adelaide assembly line, and then canned it. Even the yanks love the VF SS we exported.
Holden and Toyota had no choice after Ford refused to take the federal governments offer.
The parts suppliers couldn't continue with only 2 manufacturers to supply.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #60
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Iam an aussie bloke. So I care about aussie cars. BUT take a good look at the population. Thats why they can sell any old crap...

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: