Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Cheech
HELL YES

Default Lesson in how not to do Customer service !

Some of you will know of the MK3 Focus RS head gasket recall.

My dealer has been upfront about lack of parts for the field service action.
(My RS with 17k on it needs a new head & headgasket plus ancillary parts)

However, this dealer may need to do lessons in phone usage:

https://jalopnik.com/dealer-calls-ma...-ga-1823696546

2019 Ssangyong Rexton fourby (the daily driver, tow pig & snowmobile)
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Lesson in how not to do Customer service !

Classic!

I've had colleagues moan or go "i need a coffee now" before hanging up properly, and the person on the other end usually has a laugh about it the next time they're in contact.

Only once have I personally witnessed it with profanity - and it was somewhat deliberate on my part. One of our own reps was having a real heavy go at a young guy in customer service. I was walking past, overheard it & told him to put the guy through to me.

I listened, then said "how about you stop using that language & berating xxxxx who is only trying to help, and tell me what the real problem is" he then continued to spray so I said "if you don't cease with the language mate, I'll hang up." a few seconds later I said (over the top of him) "hanging up now" - but instead I put it on mute.

It was then I realised he was in the car with another rep, and they both started biatching like teenage girls. The tirade was so good I put it on speaker. He thought I'd actually hung up, and they were naming names, saying what they thought of each person. Several of those victims were now listening....

One rep resigned the next day (he'd already lined up another job, and was leaving regardless) and the other was asked to leave, or be sacked if he argued. He left.

Wonder what Titan Ford's response will be to this?
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Lesson in how not to do Customer service !

I hope that ****wit service manager has opened that link and seen the Facebook page.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post