Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default Car park standoff ends in stabbing (Vic)

This happened in a Hoppers Crossing (Vic) shopping centre car park and the series of events is just bizarre. It implies the two drivers sat there facing off for 20 minutes before it got worse. Who knows what really happened.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226048030964

Quote:
A BIZARRE road rage incident has ended with the alleged aggressor in hospital after he was stabbed and beaten by two bystanders at a shopping centre in Hoppers Crossing.

It started with a stand-off between two drivers. A 58-year-old female driver trying to exit the car park through the entry stopped a 40-year-old man who was trying to drive in the entrance at the Woodville Park shopping centre.

Neither driver would reverse and stayed jamming the entry for about 20 minutes until the man drove forward and rammed the woman's car.

The woman had got out of her car shortly before the collision and was struck as he rammed into her car.

Two other men confronted the man in his car, smashed his windows and stabbed and beat him several times with a golf club.

The attackers - believed to be in their 20s and of an Islander appearance - fled the scene before police arrived.

The man was taken to the Royal Melbourne hospital in a serious but stable condition and the woman was in a stable condition in the Alfred Hospital.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
dylancox

Default Re: Car park standoff ends in stabbing (Vic)

Just another typical day in Werribee/Hoppers..
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
kenz
BOSS Pilot

jeez people just need to chill out

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Pretty clear both thought they were in the right...or more important than the other. I read this earlier, and giggled to myself (I know I shouldn't, but I did). It seems the two young lads 'came to the rescue' when old buddy decided to ram her...shame things have to end this way...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox

Yep I agree, and especially in this set of shops. Not the best area of Werribee /hoppers crossing.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
WMD351
Size it up

I'm betting the two youths didn't even know about the woman and were just doing what they do every day.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
jeez people just need to chill out
Very true, the old lady may have been in the wrong and the other driver standing his grounds, but seriously he took the matter to far, to have staged a stand off for 20 min's is just rediculous.

They both should have taken a big breathe, she should have appoligised and they both go on their way.

As for the two by stander's, well they obvioulsy took it into their own hand's and went to far.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Gman_86_xr6

Jeez, I know Hoppers can be rough at times (I should know I live in just as rough Melton), but stabbing someone over a carpark argument? What's this place coming to?
Gman_86_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

******* knife culture
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

if some person did not try to go out the entry, none of this would have happened. what happened afterwards did not need to happen either, but if people didn't think they have the god given right to hinder everyone else to help themselves, these incidents would not occur
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
g220ba
FGX XR8

It's a pretty simple system at the mentioned shopping centre, one driveway is the entry the other is the exit. None of this need occur and it especially didn't need to escalate to point it did.

The whole situation's just plain stupid.

Here's a picture of the shopping centre
http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-37.88366...h&nmd=20110407
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
BHDOGS
Banned

what a stupid old biddy typical old stubborn old person i would of rammed her car to.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
mash again
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and u would have been stabbed, reversing aint that hard, life is too short to worry about the little things like this. reverse move on, its easy. If u rammed every stupid person on the road youd need some serious bar work!
mash again is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Neither driver would reverse and stayed jamming the entry for about 20 minutes until the man drove forward and rammed the woman's car.
Holy **** if they're not letting you in just drive around the block and try again how how is it ffs

Christ Almighty
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I was not in the wrong I would not move either. I wouldn't ram anyone elses car though.
Why should someone doing the right thing go out of their way to allow someone else to break a rule. Talk about being a push over.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
robbo11

pretty sure the whole things just rediculous, i mean 20 minutes just sitting there
robbo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
ROBBO1981

i reverse a truck through these car parks people dont get it there in there own world not looking or caring about any thing or any one.............. its catchy im stating to feel this way
SUBS, IPOD CONECTION, EXHAUST, K&N FILTER.
MORE TO COME.
ROBBO1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats harder getting stabbed and beaten with a golf club or reversing out and letting the cow go while sticking you finger up at the bag?

Life is to short to be sitting there for 20minutes.....There will always be F*wits on the road and in carparks.... move on I say....
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
robbo11

im surprised the old women didnt back up i mean who has more time to waste
robbo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #20
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

obviously another couple of exemplary melbourne drivers !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #21
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo11
im surprised the old women didnt back up i mean who has more time to waste
She's 58, hardly 'old', retirement is 65...what makes you think she had time to waste...the 40 year old didn't move either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
If I was not in the wrong I would not move either. I wouldn't ram anyone elses car though.
Why should someone doing the right thing go out of their way to allow someone else to break a rule. Talk about being a push over.
As far as this goes - that's just plain ignorance. How old are you? 12? How long would you wait it out for Ben, bearing in mind that women are fairly patient creatures...hell, she even got out of the car!

Two wrongs do NOT make a right - she's an idiot, he's just committed 2 criminal acts...which one do you think is going to cop it more...?

It really wouldn't have been that hard for him to go around the block. Inconvenient, probably, but hardly a case where someone needs to ram a vehicle to get their point across. That's just plain childish.

I don't care who was in the right...it didn't need to happen.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No it didnt need to happen, but the fact remains that more and more people on the road (and society in general) just dont give a toss. By giving up and reversing out of the way and letting the female driver in he simply condones her stupidity.

These sorts of things (entering via an exit, exiting via an entry) happen all the time because people are either too stupid, too ignorant and dont care to abide by the rules. In certainly not condoning the ramming or the stabbing, but it probably come to the point where this guy (like other people) are so sick to death of people not following road rules or the unability to read a simple sign.

How many times has it been said during flooding to NEVER drive around road closed signs? How many times do people just ignore them and drive into flooded roads and then need rescueing?

For those who live in Townsville and are familier with the Bohle River causeway, just sit near the Avenues pub and watch a large proportion of cars who ignore the signs stating the ROAD IS CLOSED. They all drive up the road (just 100m away) to be confronted by bollards blocking the road.

I mean do they honestly NOT see them from 100m away? Do they not see the signs? They do, but the mentality is that they MUST get to their destination and I dont care how i do it. So im going this way....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
This.

And people wonder where places get sterotypes from....
Old 03-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Handout heaven at hoppers
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post