Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
RiC
Starter Motor

Default Rims suggestions

HI,

I’m new to these forums, its good to see other foci lovers. Here are pics of my car, I am losing sleep over what type of rims to buy for my focus. I have seen so many good cars ruined by crap wheels. Any suggestions as to which rims may suit my car?? I don’t like the look of the 17inch ford optional wheels on my car because of the body kit, I was thinking of going for a white rim.

Thanks
RiC

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Focus 7.JPG (48.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Focus 5.JPG (35.1 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by RiC; 01-07-2005 at 12:44 AM.
RiC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

what's wrong with the hubbies?! :
Old 30-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

DAMN don't go for white rims, hell no that's too much white - UNLESS you can fork out for genuine OZ Racing Tarmac Rally wheels in which case to hell with anyone's opinion!!!. Just a nice set of 18's would look phat with that bodykit, it has a habit of making any wheel look small because it's such a big kit - the SSV kit right?
Old 30-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
RiC
Starter Motor

lol, yea i guess your right about to much white.. Its a talon bodykit
I hate my hubbies! cant wait to get new wheels!
Old 30-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Hello there, and welcome to the forums!

I echo Matts suggestion about too much white! I also agree that the optional Ford 17 inch MP3 rims are not a good choice, too common!

If I had your car, I would be after a set of gunmetal or black rims, either 5 or multi-spoke (ie 15-21 spoke like the ST170 rims), tinting the windows really dark, and lowering it. I know not everyone likes the dark rim look, wouldn't stop me from doing it though!

Here are a few styles of rims from some of our Eurofordclub members rides to give you some ideas:

My Focus:

WASACL:

Resty:

Nutz000:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Try some of the online wheel selectors

eg: http://www.merityre.co.uk/wheel_deals.htm

At least it will give you a look at very roughly what different wheels will look like on your car.

Don't worry if they are overseas wheels or real expensive, it will give you the idea of the look. Once you've sorted that, you can then shop around for the right brand and price.

I was thinking 17" multispoke silver wheels for your car, but playing around on the wheel selectors, I now reckon silver 5 spokes in 17" or 18" would look great on a white car.

Don't go white!!!! Very hard to pull off. (And I'm afraid I still can't come at black or grey wheels)

Just don't stay awake worrying about it!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Can't what at black or grey wheels Stephen?!!!?!?!!

I agree, Gunmetal of shadow chrome would looks fantastic and give a nice contrast to the white. Definitely phat 5 spoke 18's like Russ (WASACL) or something similar.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Before:

After:

Timmeh!
Old 30-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Or these which I think are the 2 best styles suited to the Focus IMO, either PHAT 5 spokes like RUSS, or the ST170-style Touring Car rims.

*Used Tim's lowered pics for my own editing - thank Tim! Edited after he posted the reply below*

Last edited by zetec; 01-07-2005 at 12:19 AM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Two comments.

One, the rims you have chopped on are between 18 and 19 inchs large, in scale, so it's pretty unrepresentative, but at least gives you an idea.

Two - do your own tinting and lowering, you image theif! ing_sm

Tim
Old 30-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
One, the rims you have chopped on are between 18 and 19 inchs large, in scale, so it's pretty unrepresentative, but at least gives you an idea.
And don't it look good?!!!!!!! He he he was a cut job, but gave him an idea anyway. No substitue for actually putting them next to the car.

Here's me attempting what my car will look like when my last mod is complete... the mouldings sprayed

Old 30-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
ozivillan

I have miglia 17" 5 spoke on the wifes A Class, it's a nice tidy wheel

http://home.iprimus.com.au/sengley/merc%20page.htm

ozivillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sadly they've gone broke...
Old 01-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #14
RiC
Starter Motor

Thanks for all the help guys!!

i like the photoshop chops they look great and it really gives me a good idea on how the rims will look! much appreciated!!

I'm trying 2 find some gunmetal or black rims to see how they would suit the car i like the idea of the dark rim look.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #15
RiC
Starter Motor

Zetec, do u know how much it would cost for the mouldings to be painted?? i asked the place where i got my bodykit done and they gave me a ball park figure of $200
Old 01-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That's spot on what I was quoted also, sounds fair to me. Just have to ensure they take into account you may have to buy new mouldings, old ones are usually stuffed on most cars once you take them off.But well worth it in my books.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #17
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiC
Zetec, do u know how much it would cost for the mouldings to be painted?? i asked the place where i got my bodykit done and they gave me a ball park figure of $200
this was going to be my suggestion, get the rims but get those moudlings either removed or pained white and it will really add to your foci's look.