Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Focus Door Cards

Has anyone ever removed the door cards from the Focus doors? I'm talking about the little panel of fabric that runs across the door interior at about handle height.

I am assuming I have to remove the entire door panel, and that they are somehow secured at the back, but thought I'd ask before I do, just in case they simply pop out.

(I'm thinking about recovering them in a different fabric)

Any help would be great
thanks
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Very good question, I have considered doing this myself.

I have previously pulled a door trim apart where it seemed to just be glued on, but I haven't done it to a Focus yet, would like to find out also.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
melbzetec

Am I getting grumpy in my old age??

Thought I might pull off a door panel on the weekend to see how the door cards are attached.

Thought "If I'm going to bother doing that, I may as well do that de-locking mod whilst I'm at it" Have never bothered with that mod before... too much like hardwork.... but whilst I'm in there.. may as well.

So I trotted down to the local Ford Dealer this afternoon.
(City Ford Melbourne)

How much for those little black plastic covers from the rear doors?

$44!!!!!!!! .........................EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You have got to be bloody joking.

So quess who is not going to bother this weekend??
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 24-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

how much for the whole handle though?
Old 24-06-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
melbzetec

Do you think it would be cheaper Matt?

The parts guy just showed me the schematic and each part of the handle seemed to have its own part number. Then again, I've always found that any dealership that's part of the Simon Jefferson group seems to be expensive for parts

Is there a smarter way to buy it?

Old 24-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Surely there are some wrecked Foci around, if you can locate one, they should be the cheapest way to do it. Sometimes parts pricing is really warped and the whole assembly could be cheaper, worth enquiring about anyway.

Tim
Old 25-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Tim said what I was going to say.

Out of interest, a Mazda Tribute handle also fits the Focus. Might get it cheaper there.
Old 25-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

A very good idea, the only issue being they are all painted, aren't they? Maybe not, would have to check.

Tim
Old 25-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Primed I believe, but worth checking.