Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Default Hey anyone looking for a Zetec Turbo Kit!

Hello everybody, im new to these forums, awesome to see other focus lovers out there. Below if it works is my Focus took pics today after a clean at car Lovers if not i got another one on simpload. Also I am selling my turbo kit for the 2.0L zetec engine if anyone is interested, I really want to put it in but in a bit of a pickle at the moment if you know how it is. It's completly bolt-on which is cool, I've put in the intercooler and piping just to check how it all lines up . It's hard enough not putting it in when I waited so looooong for it and remember explaining to my mates how exactly i was going to smoke them ahahhahah!! .......

It's got Front mount intercooler, T25 TD40 internally wastegated Brand new turbo, Pro-M Maf matched for the 440cc Ford Racing Injectors, All piping, Blow off valve, Our stock manifold with modded adaptor for the t25 flange, 2.5in downpipe and Filter, all oil and water lines and fittings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resize of exterior 011.jpg (33.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of exterior 014.jpg (45.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of turbo 001.jpg (31.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of turbo 002.jpg (44.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of turbo 008.jpg (36.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of turbo 013.jpg (40.3 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by 2uningFoci; 21-06-2005 at 08:41 PM.
2uningFoci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Now this is something Im very interested in.

If you can PM me with a price, and some further details, I'll let you know. Turboing is something I was definately considering, I lost interest because it seemed very difficult to do here in Australia, but if something like this is available I might just be able to do it again...............
Old 21-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #3
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

I sent you an email to joefus@hotmail.com with alot of details for you.
ahh damn must be getting too late, I guess he's going to be interested now too! I sent you another to your address

Last edited by 2uningFoci; 21-06-2005 at 11:59 PM. Reason: damn wrong email
Old 22-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

LOL, well I got your email at my address craig so at least one of us will be interested!
Old 22-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

yeah i had a busy day and was ready for bed last night, couldn't figure out these forums all that well I think I've got a handle on it now.
Old 22-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Default turbo kit install picture

Hey here is a picture of the kit before i bought it, installed on a zetec "all motor" project
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turbokit.jpg (29.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg turbokit2.jpg (32.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 22-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

That Zetec with the kit installed is absolutely filthy. What happened to it? Not a good endorsement at all IMHO.
Old 22-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Car's looking nice, and welcome to the forums.

Shame you wont be fitting the kit, not sure what ballpark figure you're after, there seems to be a few turbo projects happening in the club now.

Back to your Focus, my next mods would be lowering and tint, it's looking good already.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #9
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

hey, back2thefutura yeah I got to say i keep my bay in alot better shape aye I agree it is dirty.

Hey Tim good to meet ya too, those two mods you mentioned are definetly on my list, I got a quote for a Eibach Pro System which is springs and dampers F/R 1.5in or 2.0in drop option of the sportline or pro-kit springs for $770 installed, it's alot but the name is trusted just got start saving again.

$4500 for the turbo kit, same as description above plus manual boost controller to crank it above 8psi and the oil pan with the oil drain bung fitting so you just have to bolt it on, they're included too all fittings, harware, gaskets, complete ready to bolt on.
Old 23-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #10
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Just letting you all know, I am listing the turbo kit on ebay for $4000 for 10 days! Can be viewed in Brisbane, any questions please just ask.
Old 23-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Its tempting in so many ways, and i think its a bad idea in others lol. So difficult!

More to the point, how do you find the Diablosport chip?
Old 23-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol there you B2TF now youve found a mod. DO IT!!!!!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #13
Resty
Amon of Focus

Hi and welcome. Few questions:

This kit never made it into your car then?
How much power does it claim? hp vs tq?
What tuning is it using?

At 8psi im guessing 160-180hp??

cheers,
Riz
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Hi Resty, it's claiming a 80-90 hp increase with 8psi we're about 130 hp so over the 200hp mark on stock zetec, our 98octane fuel I think its possible for even more with a good tune too . Turbo should start spooling at 1800 which i thinks pretty damn good. No never been in my car , I need to get rid of it because in a bit of finatial difficulty I have some important payments soon plus not forgetting I need 4 new tyres as well so yeah it's bit of a shame but I should still be going turbo in a couple of months if I can get rid of this one soon. I bought a Diablo Sport chip for tuning previously to the turbo never installed it or the FR adjustable cam gears I got because I'd rather do it witht the turbo in and get a final dyno tune and a customed chip. The chip comes with like a generic Ford upgrade program for all fords I didn't like that so I will go with the custom tune once turbo'd.

The kits a little used except for the turbo and downpipe, all the pipes are madrel bended and tig welded, the intercooler is a bar and plate design and is very efficient, in a air temperature of 27D the IAT which is relocated in the pipe close to the throttle body was reading 39Degrees. The tuning was done with a SCT tune and kit was installed for 5k, but it's a good condition, couple scratches here and there on the piping that's about it. I got it with everything you possibly need and have looked and checked of course where everything goes to give me the know how. I would definnetly install it myself, just like the fact that I'd know how it works and that I would do a proper job, plus you don't need to folk out a few hundred dollars on top. http://www.focussport.com/sct_proracer.htm
Old 24-06-2005, 12:34 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Its very tempting, the fact that its used puts me off though. Call me pedantic, but I dont want 2nd hand stuff on my car. Just me :.

I think first up I will do chip and exhaust, and then consider doing something like this. If yuore looking to do it later on 2tuningFoci, maybe we can look at getting 2 kit done up at the same time, one for you and one for me .
Old 24-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #16
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

yeah that sounds like a plan, would be cheaper too. Deffinetly a chip for a auto get way more out than you would on a MT. If I was still installing all I would do eventually is spray the intercooler pipes red to match my car or maybe chromed up for the engine bay. put it this way except for the exhaust putting anything else in I think is too costly per HP compared to a full bolt on turbo, the performance on mild bolt-ons is good for basicly improved flow, ignition etc. but you need to ram some air in there plain and simple!!! Then you start slowly with the smaller bolt-on's to better it even more. Turbo = big gains + added bolt-on's = even more multiplied gains from turbo. anyway thats my theory.
Old 24-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #17
Resty
Amon of Focus

2uningFoci

u have a PM
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post